IGNORED

Why did God give Eve a harsher punishment than Adam?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The Adam and Eve story confuses me sometimes. I understand that Eve ate the apple first, but it seems really unfair that all women have to pay the price for that. It makes me wonder if God views women as inferior to men and wants women to suffer more. It’s really bothering me a lot. What are your opinions on this? Do you think God wants women to be more harshly punished in life or that views women as inferior, or is there an explanation for this?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I am not sure that one punishment was worse than the other. Living on a cursed earth with toil, sickness and death, are hardly get out of jail free cards. Should all women pay the price for Eve's sin? Yes, but not because they deserve it, in that sense, it is unfair, but it is even, as all people pay the price for the sins of the first couple. 

To be sure though, I think that if the first couple, which was created without sin or a sin nature, who had direct contact with God, in a perfect environment where life was easy, probable any of us would have done likewise, so we still deserve it, as we all rebel against our creator. What really  makes if fair though, is that God is good, wise, and does not sin. Whatever He does, is the right thing by definition.

Since we are His creation, He is free and right to do with us as He pleases. If you want to talk about unfairness, thing of God, coming to Earth to live as a man, leaving the comfort of Heaven. He gave up His Godly attributes, to live in his own cursed creation, to suffer as we do, to be tempted as we are.

Yet, he did not sin, and was treated with contempt by the powers that be, and ultimately died a horrible and unjust death at the hands of those who owed Him everything. That is unfair.

To top it off, He came to earth specifically so that He could do these things, live a life we could not live, and suffer and pay a price we could not pay, all so that we would be spared the justice of being eternally separated from God. That he would suffer the greatest unfairness for His enemies, is the greatest act of love. 

We can complain, or we can be thankful that He died to offer us a way back to God.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, Sophie2003 said:

or that views women as inferior

Galatians chapter 3 verse 28

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

I don't know if this helps.