• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

15 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

Go back to the fundamental doctrinal issues I listed. You agreed with every single one. I have previously shown you why my views are consistent with Scripture. I’m not going to give you the fight you apparently want.

God bless you, brother.

In rejecting the God-given order of creation, the God-given grammatical construction requiring the creation days to be 24-hour days and in rejecting the biblical reason for death, YOU are picking a fight with everyone who stands for the Lord and his word!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, David1701 said:

In rejecting the God-given order of creation, the God-given grammatical construction requiring the creation days to be 24-hour days and in rejecting the biblical reason for death, YOU are picking a fight with everyone who stands for the Lord and his word!

I invite anyone (including you) that wants to discuss this further with me to do so - either in a separate thread or through private discussion. This is not the place.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/16/2020 at 12:05 AM, Sophie2003 said:

So, I personally believe that evolution was the process in which God created us.

Evolution lacks evidence of transformation from one species to another. The Bible specifies all things were created after their own kind.

I can't track down who said it, but a prominent evolutionist said "The true motives for Evolution is to deny the existence of a God who would interfere with our sexual behavior."

Another prominent evolutionist admitted that evolution is not even a good theory.

Many frauds have been discovered in the attempt to force evolution on the world.

I apologize about forgetting the names of the above individuals (I am quite rusty on the subject but did study it thoroughly years ago).

I believe that the Adam and Eve story is not purely history, but a metaphor to explain evolution,

The Chicken and the egg argument has a flaw in it. For there to be offspring a fully developed pair of parents must exist. With the evolution model a species of one or two would have died off long before either were developed enough to procreate.

it bothers me when people say “how can you be a Christian if you believe in evolution?”

Me too. Being a Christian is only about believing in the True Jesus Christ.

It doesn't mean you cannot believe in everything else the wrong way and not be saved.

Murderers, homosexuals, rapists. etc. can all believe in the True Jesus and be saved.

Only small minded individuals (or people who misunderstand what being an actual Christian is) ask such questions.

i always say to them that I don’t view the Bible as 100% literal, because if the Bible were taken 100% literally, it would be acceptable to do things like sell your daughters into slavery.

You should. God meant every word. But you have to go by the interpretation of God the Holy Spirit (who wrote the Bible) ← in fact, we are commanded to know this first (2 Peter 1:20-21).

When you do, his tutelage will show you that certain things existed under an entirely different covenant and set of circumstances. For example, in the Old Testament, a daughter than was not married off (some today consider that slavery as well) to be used primarily as breeding stock, would starve or end up in shrine prostitution when her parents passed away (and some other relative could not take her in).

Slavery is a total sucky thing! But being one in a household that takes care of you and saves you from begging / dying / prostitution etc. is at least an alternative. 

Slavery under the Mosaic Law (in most cases) was quite different than slavery since then.  Often times men who lost their inheritance would submit to slavery (some call it apprenticeship) for a set time to afford to buy back what they lost.

Again, I am not condoning anything. I am stating that things were different and they do not apply to today (not yet, but if certain political nightmares come true, we may see a resurgence). The Holy Spirit teaches you these differences.

I definitely believe that lots of the stories are literal, for example Jesus rising from the dead, and a lot of other stories

Based on what?

It sounds good?

It's what mama and papa taught me?

Either the Bible is the Word of God and it is true or we have not absolutes to go on.

Jesus said "Thy word IS truth." John 17:17

But the ones that can be disproved by science, I believe are metaphors used to convey a bigger meaning.

Science disproves nothing. Atheists will twist science to make it appear to disprove what the Bible teaches.

"Billions and billions of years ago, and enormous explosion of immense proportions..."  I can still hear Carl Sagen saying...

Time (more accurately curved space-time) is relative. The further away one goes from a gravity well the faster time proceeds. What may be a  thousand years here could  be billions of years out in curved space-time. 

The Grand Canyon could have been created in less than one year, the lunar dust on the moon was far less deep than expected, the sun burning to its core 4 billion years ago would have been larger than the Earth's revolution. 

Disinformation is what passes off for science and is forced down every one's throats but atheists who are running from their own fears that there actually is a God.