Menorah: Seperate Lamps or One?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

I have an honest question, in Exodus 25 and Revelation 1 the Menorah is shown as seoerate lamp stands. Where did the modern Menorah that is one lamp with seven lamp ends like on candelabra come into use?  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I have an honest question, in Exodus 25 and Revelation 1 the Menorah is shown as seoerate lamp stands. Where did the modern Menorah that is one lamp with seven lamp ends like on candelabra come into use?  

The Temple Menorah/Revelation Menorah is branches into one base--the way Yeshua describes His relationship with His people.

A Hanukkah Menorah has nine branches, not seven, for the eight nights of Hanukkah plus a ninth holder for the Shammas or servant candle that lights the eight. That represents Jesus and the Spirit igniting believers but is a different Menorah.

4 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

The Temple Menorah/Revelation Menorah is branches into one base--the way Yeshua describes His relationship with His people.

A Hanukkah Menorah has nine branches, not seven, for the eight nights of Hanukkah plus a ninth holder for the Shammas or servant candle that lights the eight. That represents Jesus and the Spirit igniting believers but is a different Menorah.

Make a lampstand(AJ) of pure gold. Hammer out its base and shaft, and make its flowerlike cups, buds and blossoms of one piece with them. 32 Six branches are to extend from the sides of the lampstand—three on one side and three on the other. 33 Three cups shaped like almond flowers with buds and blossoms are to be on one branch, three on the next branch, and the same for all six branches extending from the lampstand.34 And on the lampstand there are to be four cups shaped like almond flowers with buds and blossoms.35 One bud shall be under the first pair of branches extending from the lampstand, a second bud under the second pair, and a third bud under the third pair—six branches in all.36 The buds and branches shall all be of one piece with the lampstand, hammered out of pure gold.(AK)

37 Then make its seven lamps(AL)and set them up on it so that they light the space in front of it. 38 Its wick trimmers and trays(AM) are to be of pure gold.” (Exodus 25:31-38). 

Here it reads six and then seven. Trying to picture the original Menorah. 

When I was in Jerusalem they had a replica of Tabernacle and Temple Menorah and it had seven lamps. I understood the Nine Lampstand as Hannukiah, a memorial of the miracle of the oil in Menorah lasting nine days after it ran out during the time of the Maccabees. 

1 hour ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Make a lampstand(AJ) of pure gold. Hammer out its base and shaft, and make its flowerlike cups, buds and blossoms of one piece with them. 32 Six branches are to extend from the sides of the lampstand—three on one side and three on the other. 33 Three cups shaped like almond flowers with buds and blossoms are to be on one branch, three on the next branch, and the same for all six branches extending from the lampstand.34 And on the lampstand there are to be four cups shaped like almond flowers with buds and blossoms.35 One bud shall be under the first pair of branches extending from the lampstand, a second bud under the second pair, and a third bud under the third pair—six branches in all.36 The buds and branches shall all be of one piece with the lampstand, hammered out of pure gold.(AK)

37 Then make its seven lamps(AL)and set them up on it so that they light the space in front of it. 38 Its wick trimmers and trays(AM) are to be of pure gold.” (Exodus 25:31-38). 

Here it reads six and then seven. Trying to picture the original Menorah. 

When I was in Jerusalem they had a replica of Tabernacle and Temple Menorah and it had seven lamps. I understood the Nine Lampstand as Hannukiah, a memorial of the miracle of the oil in Menorah lasting nine days after it ran out during the time of the Maccabees. 

Yes, the Menorah outside the Knesset and the Menorah outside Ben Gurion Airport--and on Israeli currency, etc. (I lead tours to Israel) has seven lamps. The seven churches in Revelation are therefore REALLY IN Christ's body--seven inside one base.

The Hanukkah oil was said to last eight days--the ninth candle lights the other eight candles. The Menorah is said to have eight branches, the servant is raised above the other eight on the main trunk. See the pictures of Christ there?! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Billiards Ball said:

Yes, the Menorah outside the Knesset and the Menorah outside Ben Gurion Airport--and on Israeli currency, etc. (I lead tours to Israel) has seven lamps. The seven churches in Revelation are therefore REALLY IN Christ's body--seven inside one base.

The Hanukkah oil was said to last eight days--the ninth candle lights the other eight candles. The Menorah is said to have eight branches, the servant is raised above the other eight on the main trunk. See the pictures of Christ there?! :)

Thanks for clarifying the types of Menorahs. 

I got thrilled that at Hannukah Jesus does a big reveal: 

Then came the Festival of Dedication [Feast of Lights, Hannukah] at Jerusalem. It was winter, and Jesus was in the temple courts walking in Solomon’s Colonnade. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish;  no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.)” (John 10:28, 27-30) 

I’ve been preaching the Menorah is for Church too  because Jesus stands in its midst in Revelation Chapter One and as you just said the lampstands are the churches. :) 

Sounds like we are on the same wave-link on this. :) 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

2 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Thanks for clarifying the types of Menorahs. 

I got thrilled that at Hannukah Jesus does a big reveal: 

Then came the Festival of Dedication [Feast of Lights, Hannukah] at Jerusalem. It was winter, and Jesus was in the temple courts walking in Solomon’s Colonnade. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish;  no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.)” (John 10:28, 27-30) 

I’ve been preaching the Menorah is for Church too  because Jesus stands in its midst in Revelation Chapter One and as you just said the lampstands are the churches. :) 

Sounds like we are on the same wave-link on this. :) 

Absolutely. As a Messianic Jew, I understand how Hanukkah is the Festival of Lights and how that ties to Jesus in John 10, the Light of the World.

17 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

Absolutely. As a Messianic Jew, I understand how Hanukkah is the Festival of Lights and how that ties to Jesus in John 10, the Light of the World.

I bought this cross, it merges the Menorah with the Cross: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01FZWE4W2?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

1 minute ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I bought this cross, it merges the Menorah with the Cross: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01FZWE4W2?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title