one.opinion

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

What are the scientific proofs that man’s body was created by God from the dust of the ground, as the Bible says?

The human body is made up of materials and minerals found on the surface of the ground, and not from the core of the earth. Oxygen, being the most abundant element on the earth’s crust or on the ground, makes up 65 percent of the human body, and carbon, also abundant on the top soil of the ground, is 18 percent, and hydrogen is 10 percent. The 59 elements found in the human body are all found on the earths crust.

This is amazing because what the Bible says perfectly match the scientific composition of a human body. 

I add this for a laugh.

God was once approached by a scientist who said, “Listen God, we’ve decided we don’t need you anymore. These days we can clone people, transplant organs and do all sorts of things that used to be considered miraculous.” 

God replied, “Don’t need me huh? How about we put your theory to the test. Why don’t we have a competition to see who can make a human being, say, a male human being.” 

The scientist agrees, so God declares they should do it like he did in the good old days when he created Adam. 

“Fine” says the scientist as he bends down to scoop up a handful of dirt.” 

“Whoa!” says God, shaking his head in disapproval. “Not so fast. You make your own dirt.”

Edited by HAZARD
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest theElect777
3 hours ago, one.opinion said:

The “canyon” from the Mount St. Helen’s eruption should not be compared to the Grand Canyon for reasons explained here.

https://blog.waikato.ac.nz/bioblog/2010/11/mount-st-helens-as-a-model-for/

Additionally, the Grand Canyon structure around the meandering Colorado River suggests formation over extremely long periods of time, and not due to a single, relatively rapid event. A flood with enough force to carve such a structure through solid rock would not cut it into the curves observed in many parts of the canyon.

Are you suggesting the force from the water God released upon the Earth could not have carved the Canyon out.   I lived in the Valley for years and spent many weekends around the Flagstaff area.   There are volcanic systems from there to the Yosemite.   You don't think that activity could be what is measured from your suggested blog?

Guest theElect777
6 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

What are the scientific proofs that man’s body was created by God from the dust of the ground, as the Bible says?

The human body is made up of materials and minerals found on the surface of the ground, and not from the core of the earth. Oxygen, being the most abundant element on the earth’s crust or on the ground, makes up 65 percent of the human body, and carbon, also abundant on the top soil of the ground, is 18 percent, and hydrogen is 10 percent. The 59 elements found in the human body are all found on the earths crust.

This is amazing because what the Bible says perfectly match the scientific composition of a human body. 

The problem is it also matches every animal.  And why Science claims we are related to the chimp.   Most of where we are related actually deals with how we decompose (bacteria-microorganisms).   Unfortunately, it's a catch 22.

Edited by theElect777

Atoms are invisible to the naked eye;

Hebrews 11:3, By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible.

7 minutes ago, theElect777 said:

The problem is it also matches every animal.  And why Science claims we are related to the chimp.   Most of where we are related actually deals with how we decompose (bacteria-microorganisms).   Unfortunately, it's a catch 22.

The difference between animals and human beings is, we are created in God image and likeness, animals are not, plus God personally breathed into our nostrils, the breath of life into us. And we became living souls as He is a living soul.

Genesis 2:7, And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Every living thing has a soul and spirit. The soul is that which feels and the spirit is that which knows. Animals have both feelings and knowledge although somewhat limited and on a much lower scale than that of man. Animals were not created in the likeness of God as men are. They are a lower type of life and they have souls and spirits in the sense of feelings, emotions, appetites, desires, passions, and a low form of knowledge, as can be seen in many Scriptures. If there are horses in Heaven as the Scriptures teach then there must be all kinds of animals there for Heaven is called a better place, and therefore it is sure to be as good as the Earth (Hebrews 11:10-16).

Scriptures teach that there is a difference between the natural spirit of man and the spirit of beasts (Eccl. 3:21); that there is a difference between "breath" and "spirit" (Job 34:15; Ps. 19:7; Luke 12:19; 1 Cor. 5:5; 2 Cor. 7:1) ; and that each creature has a separate spirit which is not a part of God (Num. 16:22; 27:17; Eccl. 3:21 ; Ezek. 21:7; Dan. 2:1-3; Mal. 2:15-16; Prov. 16:2; 1 Cor. 2:10-12; 14:32; Heb. 12:9, 23; 1 Thess. 5:23).

Eccl. 3:21 states this; "Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?"

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

7 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Atoms are invisible to the naked eye;

Hebrews 11:3, By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible.

Indeed. Shalom.

• Well Said! 1

Guest theElect777
19 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

The difference between animals and human beings is, we are created in God image and likeness, animals are not, plus God personally breathed into our nostrils, the breath of life into us. And we became living souls as He is a living soul.

Genesis 2:7, And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Every living thing has a soul and spirit. The soul is that which feels and the spirit is that which knows. Animals have both feelings and knowledge although somewhat limited and on a much lower scale than that of man. Animals were not created in the likeness of God as men are. They are a lower type of life and they have souls and spirits in the sense of feelings, emotions, appetites, desires, passions, and a low form of knowledge, as can be seen in many Scriptures. If there are horses in Heaven as the Scriptures teach then there must be all kinds of animals there for Heaven is called a better place, and therefore it is sure to be as good as the Earth (Hebrews 11:10-16).

Scriptures teach that there is a difference between the natural spirit of man and the spirit of beasts (Eccl. 3:21); that there is a difference between "breath" and "spirit" (Job 34:15; Ps. 19:7; Luke 12:19; 1 Cor. 5:5; 2 Cor. 7:1) ; and that each creature has a separate spirit which is not a part of God (Num. 16:22; 27:17; Eccl. 3:21 ; Ezek. 21:7; Dan. 2:1-3; Mal. 2:15-16; Prov. 16:2; 1 Cor. 2:10-12; 14:32; Heb. 12:9, 23; 1 Thess. 5:23).

Eccl. 3:21 states this; "Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?"

This is a question for the one who created this thread because in Science there are no spirits.   It's why they discredit belief in ghosts, Angels, demons, etc.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, theElect777 said:

Are you suggesting the force from the water God released upon the Earth could not have carved the Canyon out.   I lived in the Valley for years and spent many weekends around the Flagstaff area.   There are volcanic systems from there to the Yosemite.   You don't think that activity could be what is measured from your suggested blog?

No, I’m suggesting that if there were a flood With sufficient force to carve such a structure through solid rock, it would have cut a much straighter channel, rather than going through many meandering curves.

I’m not real sure what this has to do with biological evolution, though. Could we bring the discussions back on topic?

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

I wholeheartedly agree with @HAZARD: God created us in His image. The Son of God created everything from nothing as we learn from His word. I hope this post will serve as a reminder that no one here is an atheist, denier, nor a scoffer. I understand many of us are accustomed to arguing against such individuals and that these individuals are overly fond of utilizing the process of biological evolution as a weapon against our faith... as if man is capable of denying Almighty God!

My education in the sciences and evolutionary theory in particular have revealed the following to me:

• Evolutionary theory isn't taught properly in some grade schools;
  • Natural Selection and the process of biological evolution are not synonymous;
  • Science is a pursuit, the scientific method a tool, and scientists are humans who use tools in their pursuit of knowledge;
  • A scientist never says "never";
  • A scientist can only work with what may be observed, measured, tested, and therefore quantified; 
  • Science concerns itself with learning about God's creation. 

There's no inherent conflict between faith and science. Such conflict only arises when the traditions and beliefs of men collide; in my experience these beliefs are entirely dependent upon interpretation. Where the age of the Earth and the process of evolution are concerned this invariably focuses upon how one interprets key verses from the book of Genesis. However, this topic wasn't created for the purpose of debating such matters and I appreciate this because I refuse to argue with my brothers and sisters in the Lord. Why?

Because the age of the world and the minutiae of how the Son of God created everything from nothing isn't a matter of great importance. We must avoid needless argumentation and pointless dispute. If the age of the Earth were of paramount importance then I'm confident the Spirit of God would tell us so! Limiting this discussion to scientific matters is a prudent course of action and I pray for a fruitful outcome for everyone involved. I'm happy to discuss evidence as it pertains to the topic at hand. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, one.opinion said:

No, I’m suggesting that if there were a flood With sufficient force to carve such a structure through solid rock, it would have cut a much straighter channel, rather than going through many meandering curves.

I’m not real sure what this has to do with biological evolution, though. Could we bring the discussions back on topic?

There was two great floods on the earth, one Lucifer's flood when God destroyed the earth and covered it with water after lucifer and one third of God's angels rebelled. The waters were taken off the earth at a different rate in each flood as scriptures clearly teach. Noahs flood (N. F. and Lucifers flood L. F.)

L.F. No continued abating of the waters off the earth (Gen. 1:6-12).
N.F. Continued abating of the waters from the earth by evaporation (Gen. 8:1-14).

L.F. Waters taken off the earth in one day (Gen. 1:10).
N.F. Months of waters abating off the earth (Gen. 8:1-14).

L.F. God supernaturally takes waters off the earth (Gen. 1:6-12).
N.F. Natural work of evaporation of the waters off the earth (Gen. 8:1-14).

• Well Said! 1