Can you pray for interpretation?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

I feel , despite my situation( backsliding), God gives me dreams but I don't understand the meaning. Not completely anyway. 

Can I pray for this gift?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

1 hour ago, Figure of eighty said:

I feel , despite my situation( backsliding), God gives me dreams but I don't understand the meaning. Not completely anyway. 

One can always pray.

You know you are starting to or are slipping into sin so rather than pray for something you don't need pray for the determination to take the way out from temptation that God always provides and walk away from what ever is tempting you, switch off the computer, etc etc and do something else.

If you know the problem and you know the answer what do you need the ability to interpret for? Isn't it really just an excuse not to be obedient.

3 hours ago, Who me said:

One can always pray.

You know you are starting to or are slipping into sin so rather than pray for something you don't need pray for the determination to take the way out from temptation that God always provides and walk away from what ever is tempting you, switch off the computer, etc etc and do something else.

If you know the problem and you know the answer what do you need the ability to interpret for? Isn't it really just an excuse not to be obedient.

No... Im Saying interpretation for my drsam or the dreams I have. They have nothing 2 do with what I'm doing. Sometimes it's of family members or the future. But I don't always understand it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

18 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

No... Im Saying interpretation for my drsam or the dreams I have. They have nothing 2 do with what I'm doing. Sometimes it's of family members or the future. But I don't always understand it.

God is not a God of chaos, but of order. If he has something for you to say to your family he will tell you clearly.

You are worried for them and as a result are dreaming about them.

Use your restless nights, lack of sleep due to your concern for them as an introduction to start talking and listening to what they believe.

Even if God gives you a clear message you are going to have to do this, talk to them about your sleep.

So get into the habit of asking why do you believe that and what evidence do you have for that belief.

Be prepared to answer the same questions without using, you just believe or just have faith.

The command is always be prepared to give a REASON for your faith.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

On 7/30/2020 at 7:49 PM, Figure of eighty said:

There is nothing in the New Testament about interpretation of dreams.  The spiritual gift is interpretation of tongues.   Dream interpretation is New Age, and arises out of Sigmund Freud's book on the subject.

On 8/1/2020 at 9:27 AM, TheBlade said:

I truly don't know if its a gift but ... did not GOD Him self through Christ say "what ever you ask the Father in my name He will do it" Did He not say what ever you desire when you pray BELIEVE you receive it and you shall have it".

But for this to hmm lol work repent get right with God. Just ask Him to put you back on the path.. KNOW He hears you and its done. There is no time in heaven. What I am saying is.. don't put Him in time, where after 10min or hour or day then say.. well guess He didn't want to show me. Thats doubt. He said.. ask and the Father WILL. Do you see? Ask Him.. but use HIS word.. remind Him like "Father you said..." and say what is written and ask. He WILL answer.

God will give us what we ask for - according to His will.  His will is found in the clear and plain writing of the Bible, especially the letters of Paul.   If what we are praying and believing for is not according to God's clearly stated will, it won't happen.   This is why God will not listen to any prayers asking for dream interpretation, because God does not support New Age spirituality.

• 4 weeks later...

On 11/9/2020 at 1:37 AM, Paul James said:

God will give us what we ask for - according to His will.  His will is found in the clear and plain writing of the Bible, especially the letters of Paul.   If what we are praying and believing for is not according to God's clearly stated will, it won't happen.   This is why God will not listen to any prayers asking for dream interpretation, because God does not support New Age spirituality.

Jospeh and Daniel were both dream interpreters. 

I dont get why so many people are against this. Its not new age to get clairty from God.

On 7/31/2020 at 3:45 AM, Who me said:

God is not a God of chaos, but of order. If he has something for you to say to your family he will tell you clearly.

You are worried for them and as a result are dreaming about them.

Use your restless nights, lack of sleep due to your concern for them as an introduction to start talking and listening to what they believe.

Even if God gives you a clear message you are going to have to do this, talk to them about your sleep.

So get into the habit of asking why do you believe that and what evidence do you have for that belief.

Be prepared to answer the same questions without using, you just believe or just have faith.

The command is always be prepared to give a REASON for your faith.

God speaks in parables so no he isnt always clear. 

5 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Joseph and Daniel were both dream interpreters. 

I don't get why so many people are against this. Its not new age to get clarity from God.

The dreams they interpreted were important components of the plan of God;  for Joseph himself, and in Daniel's case, for God's purpose for Israel in captivity.  The dreams were clear and God gave Joseph and Daniel the interpretation supernaturally.  Also, the dreams were not for their personal guidance, but were information for others.   They were also Old Testament.

In the New Covenant, personal guidance is conducted by the indwelling Holy Spirit, and if a person is walking in the Spirit, he has no need of dreams for personal guidance.   But then, the Holy Spirit is not limited in the way He works;  dreams and visions may happen, such has Paul's vision of the Macedonian man pleading for help.  But these dreams and visions are clear messages and not vague symbolic images that need the extensive catalogue of symbols for interpretation that are found on some New Age sites.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Many time in the bible when people wanted to know what a dream meant, they would ask a wise man

Sometimes there is a message and sometimes there is not, I think your first message to be okay with seeking help from other Christians