• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  403
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/10/2022 at 10:11 PM, Philologos said:

Do not think of this as "dream interpretation." God often uses dreams to talk to us. Even during my time of silence toward Him, He kept His promise and still provided knowledge and wisdom to be during sleep and relaxation in the form of mental images. 

I forget some of them as I'm writing them down... Usually, I understand this to mean it's not to be repeated. Many of them are His answers to my questions, others are things of mutual concern.

Do NOT let anyone tell you that God would never do anything to confuse you-  that's not what He's doing. He's probably just talking till you understand Him. I won't pretend to understand how other Christians say they've "heard from God," and are satisfied with a mere feeling and nothing audible or visual. There are those of us who are "visual" thinkers. 

One simple example from years ago is this: in my waking hours, I had just a very realistic image of an old rusty car bumper. It had a vanity plate. I started to wake up and very distinctly speaking as if to someone and said, "wait, I don't know what year it is." I was guided to look back at it and as soon as I saw it, I knew and stated the year. I was flipping through my bible later and came across an obscure passage of scripture that matched what the vanity plate and year in my "dream." He told me to read to a certain group of people. This was an "initiation," of sorts. I asked for a specific calling, He wants me to know for myself if I can understand and follow it.

Don't over think it, though. And don't worry about how people treat you, that's part of it. 

I know its been some time since you first posted this, but I thought I'd still offer my experience- took me years to realize what was going on... 

I only get things in my waking hours too. I'll force myself to go to sleep, just to get something, anything from Him. It hasn't happened for a while though (or haven't noticed).

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

3 hours ago, Duck said:

I only get things in my waking hours too. I'll force myself to go to sleep, just to get something, anything from Him. It hasn't happened for a while though (or haven't noticed).

Everyone is different, so what worked for me may not work for you.

I've had to make numerous decisions regarding my physical health and mental health. Diet, supplements \medicines that can improve\affect the clarity and recollection of dreams\images. The communication is there, we just need to figure out how to tune in on His frequency, so-to-speak. Take care of your physical, mental, and emotional health. 

I discussed my angst with Him about discerning dreams from visual communication... He responded by opening up communication during my daytime relaxation, most recently, in the middle of a conversation with my wife! I can't recall the conversation, but I'll never be able to forget the image\scene I was shown. I can't give details publicly, but I will say it was one of the most profound experiences I've had with Him. 

I'd weeks before asked Him, (well, I didn't exactly "ask" 😯), to prove He was speaking to me... With that single image, He showed me: 1. A neurological trigger that affects my ability to say a word, (and He triggered it... Yeah, I think that's funny, too.), 2. That my task is to see His images and translate them into words, and not to be anxious about using correct words, (I think that's why metaphors are the preferred form of communication.), and 3. A few days later, I received an email article about the neurobiology of dreams, hallucinations, etc. One thing it discussed was how the "dreamer" might experience it... The article was literally a scientific version of that 1\2 second dreamlike thought, even using words I'd jotted down that seemed so out of place with what I'd originally thought it meant. 

Keep paper and pencil on hand, even if you write only one word. I sometimes sketch (caveman style) any image or arrangement of items or activities I've seen. Your recollection will increase if you don't stress over the things you can't figure out. If you have difficulty, study the use of metaphor in literature. Understanding metaphor is like having "The Reluctant Seer's Guide to God's Communication Style." 

Hope I've been encouraging.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

On 7/30/2020 at 2:49 AM, Figure of eighty said:

I feel , despite my situation( backsliding), God gives me dreams but I don't understand the meaning. Not completely anyway. 

Can I pray for this gift?

I went and spoke to a man I know about your question. I know he understands things a lot better than most.

He said that the Lord wants you to write down your dreams. And then he said that you should pray over them and then write down whatever comes to your mind.

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Joel states that the outpouring of the Holy Ghost includes both dreams and visions.

One thing to take into account is that the word and spirit are one.

Examine your dreams by the light of scripture and take it from there.