• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, Markesmith said:

In the new covenant He makes all things new! We are a new creation in Christ Jesus! 2 cor 5:17

Rev 1: The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass. 

Markesmith

I thought you were a babe in Christ, hungry for truth and eager to understand?  This is what the new creature should have, a strong desire to learn and understand all that it is written in the book of life, and to solve those hard mysteries which are given to us to find.

I was once that child, a babe in Christ asking every type of question imaginable, because I had a new heart given, one that loved the Lord with all my heart, and wanted to understand all the things he was telling me, ....but some things were too hard for me to understand back then because I was still a babe and still growing.  Even though I have grown since then, there are still mysteries yet to discover.  Yet the question you asked, I found and rejoice in the Lord that he has shown me, and I rejoice that freely we have been given, freely we can give.  Yet it doesn't work like that sometimes does it?  Only the Lord can show us when the time is ready, when the heart is not lifted up full of pride, and that child inside all of us works out that we don't really know it all.

You must have it all worked out then.  That's good.  Maybe you can explain the answer to your own questions and enlighten us?  We are always eager to learn something new.

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  404
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

(man! not a woman)

no offense!

2 hours ago, Markesmith said:

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

(man! not a woman)

no offense!

Markesmith

Acts 18:26   And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

"They"? Meaning she was present! A woman cannot teach an apostle! 

Markesmith

A woman is not permitted to be the head of a church.  She cannot be the pastor for that role is given to men.  Nor can she be the head of the house for there has to be order.  That is what the scriptures say, and I believe them.

We are on a forum here.  We are discussing.  This is not my church, for my church is Jesus and the apostles, and the prophets, and it should be everyone else's church also, but I know that many here have different views and doctrines, and one thing we all have in common is Christ, and the holy scriptures that are given to us. 

I have no authority over you, nor anyone here.  You asked a question and I was one of them that answered.  Did you ask the question because you were seeking, or was your post a loaded question?  If your question is loaded and you already know the answer, that's fine, because some people like to teach that way to make it exciting.  Maybe you are waiting for more people to answer, but I am waiting for your explanation.  Yes, if it's only the man's job to teach, then teach me  :)  I am all ears.  I want to know if the new covenant church is the New Jerusalem and why Jerusalem is called our mother?  So please enlighten me for maybe God would not reveal this to a woman except it be through a man?

• Thumbs Up 1

Scripture gal 4

I said no offence to you personally it just my preference ok

What is your preference, to not engage a discussion with a woman?

Ok, I won't get offended, but you are aloud to teach a woman right?

I need more of an explanation that just Gal 4?  There are many scriptures in that chapter, and I need to know which one, and have it explained to me like you would say to a child, because I am slow of learning.

Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.58

Sorry for barging in. This almost seems like a needless discussion. Are we to think that Jesus will be married to a "city". Buildings and structures? NOOOOOOO!

WE are His bride.

Rev. 19:8- And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Rev. 7:9- After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

WE WILL LIVE --IN--THE CITY!!!    What is so difficult about this? Failure to use a bit of reading comprehension? Hard to believe. Will a city wear robes? 

Edited by Uriah