IGNORED

Why can't we blame God for things that happen?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,137
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

12 minutes ago, Faithwilldo said:

The only "deadline" for salvation is for the Elect (the First Fruits).  If one has been chosen by Christ to be saved now, then they will be saved now.  And as I have repeatedly said, our salvation is the work of Christ.  He will see to it that all the necessary work is done within each chosen believer before they die.  No one else has a "chance" for salvation now because they cannot save themselves.  We must be changed from within and mankind has no power to change themselves.  We won't even "seek" out God to do it for us. 

Rom 3: 10-11  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:  There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Our salvation comes only from the work of Christ and if He does not do His work within someone, then they will not be saved at this time.  

Joe 

It's good that I share the testimony more fully because it pleases Christ who raised me up from death into life. This is the time.

The Lord's work in me is in agreement with the testimony of the scriptures and the testimony you have shared, @Faithwilldo. Everything according to the will of Almighty God who does whatever He pleases. 

Christ Jesus chose me, I didn't choose Him. He loved me first.
I didn't know the Son of God when the Holy Spirit came to me, declaring my election. I had never attended a church in my life. 
Like Paul, Christ Jesus sent me to a man who would tell me what I needed to do. I was baptized in water and joined his community for a time.
Everything according to the will of the Living One who was dead but is alive forevermore. I was set aside for the Lord's purpose to be revealed in the fulness of time.

I didn't remain with my old friend's community for long. I entered into a fierce struggle against this flesh and couldn't prevail against it.
The Lord spoke, telling me I would depart for my time in the community was at an end. In blindness and suffering, I believed I had failed the Lord who chose me.
I was cast into this world where calamity followed in my wake. Whatever I set my hand to building was demolished; wherever I was received, I was thrown out. 
For many years I wandered without a place to rest my head, accursed and forsaken by my family of flesh and those who knew me; 
The enmity of this flesh was more than I could bear and so I despaired of having been born into this world, seeking to end this life by my own hand many times.   

Everything according to the will of the Holy One, who refines us as silver is refined and tests us like gold is tried.
My seemingly aimless path was leading ever closer to revealing the purpose for which I was set aside before the foundation of the world.
In the fulness of time, it pleased the Lord that I would come to the aid of a stranger in the wilderness and offer my life for theirs so they might live,
Thereby revealing that purpose for which my friend was set aside before the foundation of the world:

When I was hungry, they gave me food to eat.
When I had no place to stay, they provided me with shelter.
When I was naked they clothed me.
When I was afflicted they ministered to my needs;
And when I was dying they remained by my side, promising to never leave or abandon me. 
Whatsoever my friend did for my sake they did for Jesus Christ, King of Kings and Lord of Lords. 

On that day when I was defeated in the shadow of death, I reached the end of this flesh which I struggled against for so many years. I cried out in anguish but the Spirit of the living God was upon me; Christ revealed Himself in the overwhelming glare and though I could not see He spoke, declaring that I am the work of His hand set aside for His purpose before I was born. The Lord spoke again, promising that I will never taste death. He would renew the strength of my body and mind so that one day, I would stand before Him on my feet. His Spirit was never far over the next two years.

I lost the ability to speak coherently after the Lord came to me the second time. His Spirit would come and bid me to read passages of scripture aloud, one word after the other, encouraging me when I faltered and commanding me to try again when I stopped in tears. During this time my friend was greatly astonished by the miracle which the Lord displayed in me, at a loss to comprehend my return from certain death. I was forbidden to reveal the truth to them, something which my speech impediment assured. 

Those words which Christ spoke  --- that I would stand before God --- were fulfilled on that day when He declared me fit to stand on my feet. The Lord called me to a certain place in the wilderness, the very spot where I had forsaken my life. The wind started howling and the sky above was darkened by storm clouds gathering in a great host; terror seized me and so I fell to worship the Almighty. The Lord spoke in a great voice, telling me to rise to my feet for my portion was no longer the dust. Is this such a hard thing, that He chose me before I was born? 

Never again would I wander the world in darkness nor struggle in vain against this flesh. Nothing would be as it was before, the Lord said, because He would teach me, reprove me, and make the way straight. Though this world had forsaken me the Son of God claimed me as His chosen possession. I was taken in the spirit and lifted on high so I was no longer aware of the sky nor the earth beneath my feet; the Lord poured His Spirit upon me like a great wind of fire, declaring that He was well pleased. Thus the Lord is with me always. 

When my feet were upon the ground the Lord spoke of my friend, revealing His will and their memorial unto Him. As they cared for Him I would do likewise: behold your mother! Everything according to His will and pleasure... Christ raised me up in time to stand by their side as they had stood by mine, remaining until their appointed time arrived. 

Who are we to blame God? Who are we to question whatever might befall us? We see darkly, ignorant of His ways. My testimony speaks of the richness of God's grace toward us all: I was refined and tested by the trials I endured and in due time, the Lord revealed His hand. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1961

19 hours ago, Marathoner said:

It's good that I share the testimony more fully because it pleases Christ who raised me up from death into life. This is the time.

The Lord's work in me is in agreement with the testimony of the scriptures and the testimony you have shared, @Faithwilldo. Everything according to the will of Almighty God who does whatever He pleases. 

Christ Jesus chose me, I didn't choose Him. He loved me first.
I didn't know the Son of God when the Holy Spirit came to me, declaring my election. I had never attended a church in my life. 
Like Paul, Christ Jesus sent me to a man who would tell me what I needed to do. I was baptized in water and joined his community for a time.
Everything according to the will of the Living One who was dead but is alive forevermore. I was set aside for the Lord's purpose to be revealed in the fulness of time.

I didn't remain with my old friend's community for long. I entered into a fierce struggle against this flesh and couldn't prevail against it.
The Lord spoke, telling me I would depart for my time in the community was at an end. In blindness and suffering, I believed I had failed the Lord who chose me.
I was cast into this world where calamity followed in my wake. Whatever I set my hand to building was demolished; wherever I was received, I was thrown out. 
For many years I wandered without a place to rest my head, accursed and forsaken by my family of flesh and those who knew me; 
The enmity of this flesh was more than I could bear and so I despaired of having been born into this world, seeking to end this life by my own hand many times.   

Everything according to the will of the Holy One, who refines us as silver is refined and tests us like gold is tried.
My seemingly aimless path was leading ever closer to revealing the purpose for which I was set aside before the foundation of the world.
In the fulness of time, it pleased the Lord that I would come to the aid of a stranger in the wilderness and offer my life for theirs so they might live,
Thereby revealing that purpose for which my friend was set aside before the foundation of the world:

When I was hungry, they gave me food to eat.
When I had no place to stay, they provided me with shelter.
When I was naked they clothed me.
When I was afflicted they ministered to my needs;
And when I was dying they remained by my side, promising to never leave or abandon me. 
Whatsoever my friend did for my sake they did for Jesus Christ, King of Kings and Lord of Lords. 

On that day when I was defeated in the shadow of death, I reached the end of this flesh which I struggled against for so many years. I cried out in anguish but the Spirit of the living God was upon me; Christ revealed Himself in the overwhelming glare and though I could not see He spoke, declaring that I am the work of His hand set aside for His purpose before I was born. The Lord spoke again, promising that I will never taste death. He would renew the strength of my body and mind so that one day, I would stand before Him on my feet. His Spirit was never far over the next two years.

I lost the ability to speak coherently after the Lord came to me the second time. His Spirit would come and bid me to read passages of scripture aloud, one word after the other, encouraging me when I faltered and commanding me to try again when I stopped in tears. During this time my friend was greatly astonished by the miracle which the Lord displayed in me, at a loss to comprehend my return from certain death. I was forbidden to reveal the truth to them, something which my speech impediment assured. 

Those words which Christ spoke  --- that I would stand before God --- were fulfilled on that day when He declared me fit to stand on my feet. The Lord called me to a certain place in the wilderness, the very spot where I had forsaken my life. The wind started howling and the sky above was darkened by storm clouds gathering in a great host; terror seized me and so I fell to worship the Almighty. The Lord spoke in a great voice, telling me to rise to my feet for my portion was no longer the dust. Is this such a hard thing, that He chose me before I was born? 

Never again would I wander the world in darkness nor struggle in vain against this flesh. Nothing would be as it was before, the Lord said, because He would teach me, reprove me, and make the way straight. Though this world had forsaken me the Son of God claimed me as His chosen possession. I was taken in the spirit and lifted on high so I was no longer aware of the sky nor the earth beneath my feet; the Lord poured His Spirit upon me like a great wind of fire, declaring that He was well pleased. Thus the Lord is with me always. 

When my feet were upon the ground the Lord spoke of my friend, revealing His will and their memorial unto Him. As they cared for Him I would do likewise: behold your mother! Everything according to His will and pleasure... Christ raised me up in time to stand by their side as they had stood by mine, remaining until their appointed time arrived. 

Who are we to blame God? Who are we to question whatever might befall us? We see darkly, ignorant of His ways. My testimony speaks of the richness of God's grace toward us all: I was refined and tested by the trials I endured and in due time, the Lord revealed His hand. 

Thank you for sharing.

Joe

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/15/1995

Hello! Personally, I think blaming God for what is evil and corrupted does not make much sense. In Genesis, everything that He created was good, for He Himself is good. As it mentions in 1 John 5:19 "We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one." therefore, rather than blaming God for what is wrong with the world, we should also be aware of the devil's hold on this world. Furthermore, blaming God or even anyone else for our own insufficiencies, shows a lack in taking responsibility for our actions. When I was younger I blamed God for many things that went wrong in my life, but as I matured, I realized that I need to take responsibility for my words and actions. 

• Thumbs Up 2