• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Paul James said:

True, but the Pharisees thought the same, and they missed knowing Jesus as their Messiah.

The Pharisees were of their father the devil... and comparing anything in old testament to present day filling of The Holy Spirit would not be rightly dividing...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

59 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The Pharisees were of their father the devil... and comparing anything in old testament to present day filling of The Holy Spirit would not be rightly dividing...

The fact remains that if believers refuse to obey the Word of God and accept the fact that the supernatural gifts of the Spirit are the tools of the Holy Spirit for today's churches, then they will be chastised by the Lord in that they will lose the privilege of having the Holy Spirit work with them and support them in what they are wanting to do for the Lord.  They will be like Sampson who disobeyed the Lord by getting his hair cut off and when Philistines came to apprehend him, he didn't realise that his supernatural strength was gone.   He was chastised by the Lord by ending up as a prisoner of the Philistines, having his eyes put out and reduced to slavery and ridicule until his hair grew back.

Most of our churches are like Sampson.  They think they have the Holy Spirit working with them, but because they are denying God's Word concerning the Spiritual gifts their supernatural strength has gone and they don't realise it;  and so they are at the mercy of every godless spirit that comes in and takes them prisoner to its will.   Churches cannot do the will of God for them without the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit, but because they deny what Paul teaches in 1 Corinthians 12 and 14, the power of the Holy Spirit is withdrawn from them.   People cannot walk in the Spirit and deny important parts of God's Word at the same time.

Edited by Paul James
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

30 minutes ago, Paul James said:

The fact remains that if believers refuse to obey the Word of God and accept the fact that the supernatural gifts of the Spirit are the tools of the Holy Spirit for today's churches, then they will be chastised by the Lord in that they will lose the privilege of having the Holy Spirit work with them and support them in what they are wanting to do for the Lord.  They will be like Sampson who disobeyed the Lord by getting his hair cut off and when Philistines came to apprehend him, he didn't realise that his supernatural strength was gone.   He was chastised by the Lord by ending up as a prisoner of the Philistines, having his eyes put out and reduced to slavery and ridicule until his hair grew back.

Most of our churches are like Sampson.  They think they have the Holy Spirit working with them, but because they are denying God's Word concerning the Spiritual gifts their supernatural strength has gone and they don't realise it;  and so they are at the mercy of every godless spirit that comes in and takes them prisoner to its will.   Churches cannot do the will of God for them without the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit, but because they deny what Paul teaches in 1 Corinthians 12 and 14, the power of the Holy Spirit is withdrawn from them.   People cannot walk in the Spirit and deny important parts of God's Word at the same time.

Seeing how your on a agenda here and not really in dialogue I'll just step out ... have at it...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Scripture says that there are two kinds of tongues: the Gift of the Spirit tongues, which is basically when the Spirit of God Himself speaks through a person in a tongue not known to the person He is speaking through (I Cor. 12), and a Christian's spiritual prayer language (I Cor. 14:2; Eph. 6:18; Jude 1:20).

To those who erringly state that tongues, and other gifts of the Spirit are not in the church today, they directly contradict the Word of God:

1 Corinthians 12:28  And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues.

God says that He has appointed these things to be in the church, that means...as long as the church graces the earth with its presence, there will be apostles, prophets, teachers, miracles, healing...and various kinds of tongues. The church is still here today, that means all of these things are still in operation in the church today.

The problem in today's world, is that far too many people who claim to be Christians, really are not, and do not have the Spirit indwelling them to be able to perform any of the miracles we have been given the power and authority in the New Covenant to be able to do. Then you have those, who may well be Christians, but who don't spend enough time with God in prayer and worship to be able to punch their way out of a wet paper bag (so to speak). If one does not have the anointing, and the confidence in God to do what He has called us to do, then they can't and won't.

Every person who has indeed been saved, and indwelt by the Holy Spirit, and is abiding in Christ, has spiritual power and authority according to Scripture, to heal, cast out demons, perform miracles, etc. I have seen people missing limbs come to an evangelistic outreach, get prayed for, and they grew new limbs right there before our very eyes; and many other miracles. But those who only play church, and who do not seriously engage with God, don't have enough spiritual power or confidence in God to be able to swat a fly (spiritually speaking).

This is one reason why most of the church does nothing, rather it is only certain individuals walking hand in hand with God that do, and they are growing fewer and fewer in number as the darkness in the world grows. Another key reason why we do not see the Gifts of the Spirit in operation today, is because of the false teachings of calvnism, which states that the gifts died out with the apostles...which, again, is directly contradictory to what Scripture says. When people are taught and believe such false doctrines, then they will never even try to perform anything...because they believe the lie that they don't exist today.

Blessings!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Paul James said:

Cessationism is a doctrine of the devil to make churches powerless.

I would reconsider this statement as God 'IS' ceasing it...

1 Cor 13:8

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
KJV

• Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

6 hours ago, enoob57 said:

I would reconsider this statement as God 'IS' ceasing it...

1 Cor 13:8

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
KJV

This Scripture obviously speaks of the second coming of Christ which ends the church age.   To apply this as Scripture evidence that the gift of tongues along with the other gifts of the Spirit have ceased is engaging in false demonic doctrine inspired by the devil to deceive people into believing that the supernatural gifts of the Spirit cannot be manifested today.

The other demonic deception is the widespread misuse of tongues, against the clear teaching of Paul, to bring the gift into disrepute and cause people to believe that the modern application of tongues is false.

But genuine speakers of tongues will never be heard in public meetings unless those who are particularly gifted to speak out in tongues with the intention of having it interpreted;  and there will be others in the church who will be gifted to give the interpretation.

Because a large proportion of religious church-goers are not genuinely converted, but attend church for many reasons other than true commitment to Christ, then the corruption of demonic doctrines, especially denial of the power of the Holy Spirit through His gifts, is no surprise.

As I said before, if one denies any part of God's Word, they effective deny all of it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, Paul James said:

This Scripture obviously speaks of the second coming of Christ which ends the church age. 

perhaps you can show me within the text where this obvious exist

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

18 hours ago, SwordMaster said:

Scripture says that there are two kinds of tongues: the Gift of the Spirit tongues, which is basically when the Spirit of God Himself speaks through a person in a tongue not known to the person He is speaking through (I Cor. 12), and a Christian's spiritual prayer language (I Cor. 14:2; Eph. 6:18; Jude 1:20).

To those who erringly state that tongues, and other gifts of the Spirit are not in the church today, they directly contradict the Word of God:

1 Corinthians 12:28  And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues.

God says that He has appointed these things to be in the church, that means...as long as the church graces the earth with its presence, there will be apostles, prophets, teachers, miracles, healing...and various kinds of tongues. The church is still here today, that means all of these things are still in operation in the church today.

The problem in today's world, is that far too many people who claim to be Christians, really are not, and do not have the Spirit indwelling them to be able to perform any of the miracles we have been given the power and authority in the New Covenant to be able to do. Then you have those, who may well be Christians, but who don't spend enough time with God in prayer and worship to be able to punch their way out of a wet paper bag (so to speak). If one does not have the anointing, and the confidence in God to do what He has called us to do, then they can't and won't.

Every person who has indeed been saved, and indwelt by the Holy Spirit, and is abiding in Christ, has spiritual power and authority according to Scripture, to heal, cast out demons, perform miracles, etc. I have seen people missing limbs come to an evangelistic outreach, get prayed for, and they grew new limbs right there before our very eyes; and many other miracles. But those who only play church, and who do not seriously engage with God, don't have enough spiritual power or confidence in God to be able to swat a fly (spiritually speaking).

This is one reason why most of the church does nothing, rather it is only certain individuals walking hand in hand with God that do, and they are growing fewer and fewer in number as the darkness in the world grows. Another key reason why we do not see the Gifts of the Spirit in operation today, is because of the false teachings of calvnism, which states that the gifts died out with the apostles...which, again, is directly contradictory to what Scripture says. When people are taught and believe such false doctrines, then they will never even try to perform anything...because they believe the lie that they don't exist today.

Blessings!

You're at it again, aren't you?  What you call "Calvinism" is simply the doctrines of grace, as found in the Bible, and nothing to do with the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

It is Cessationism that teaches that the gifts have ceased, not what you call "Calvinism".

There are many "I'm the deciding factor in my salvation" heretics, as well as many who believe the biblical doctrines of grace, on both sides of the continuation/cessation debate.

As it happens, I believe the biblical doctrines of grace (what you erroneously call "Calvinism") AND that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are for today; and I'm far from the only one.  There is an entire fellowship of congregations, in the UK and elsewhere, that believe in salvation by grace alone (not fallen man's alleged "free" will), through faith alone, in Christ alone, and that the gifts are for today.

You need to get off your hobby-horse and start doing what you tell others they need to do - be led by the Holy Spirit.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/08/1978

Do you still believe in literal miraculous healings? Or you literally get bitten by a poisonous snake and nothing will happen? Just asking. I have family members who have spoken in tongues. The church they attend does not follow what the Bible says. 2 or more and an interpreter. They now act different but are inwardly the same as they were before. Just a couple cents. I have wondered about this because I feel they have a false sense of security or false hope. I am not saying it doesn’t still happen but from the people I know it is false. 

Edited by FrankIeCip