IGNORED

Is it it ok for Christians to protest against government?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 minutes ago, Josheb said:

What is the topic of this op?

What is the topic of discussion  at this point in the thread?

Is the topic whether or not you try to sin? 

I am merely responding to the things you are saying to me.

Just now, Josheb said:

Evidence says otherwise. The responses have nothing to do with what I'm saying. 

I don't always read your entire post. Some of them are quite lengthy.

Just now, Josheb said:

So you've just confessed to responding to posts not read. AND you're doing so with the one guy you now know is going to either ask you about that or comment on it. 

The topic of this conversation is about whether or how appropriate it is for Christians to protest the government (the government Christian citizens helped form), and at this point in the conversation the question of applying the OT has appeared and been answered. 

If you have something op-relevant and relevant to the actual specific content of my posts I'll consider it but otherwise I'll be moving on now because the posts are increasingly irrelevant and avoidant.

When you write a long post, I don't think you should expect people to read it in its entirety.

2 minutes ago, Josheb said:

So you've just confessed to responding to posts not read. AND you're doing so with the one guy you now know is going to either ask you about that or comment on it. 

The topic of this conversation is about whether or how appropriate it is for Christians to protest the government (the government Christian citizens helped form), and at this point in the conversation the question of applying the OT has appeared and been answered. 

If you have something op-relevant and relevant to the actual specific content of my posts I'll consider it but otherwise I'll be moving on now because the posts are increasingly irrelevant and avoidant.

1 minute ago, johnthebaptist said:

When you write a long post, I don't think you should expect people to read it in its entirety.

Even so, if someone is being critical of me, I think I have the right to respond.

6 minutes ago, Josheb said:

5 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

3 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Even so, if someone is being critical of me, I think I have the right to respond.

If I write a three-page response criticizing you for this and that, I can hardly expect you to read the whole thing.

50 minutes ago, Josheb said:

And I don't think people should respond to things they haven't read or respond in manners unrelated to what everyone else is posting. 

How are we gonna reconcile that, john?

When you criticize me, I have the right to respond without reading your entire extremely long post.

32 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Well, first, I am not critical of you per se, but of what I read, and I don't read anyone else being so either. This is therefore another non sequitur. And, second, you are never the topic of conversation (any more than any other poster is).

Most importantly though, I have summarized the op twice now specifically for you, AND invited you specifically to respond topically to either the op or the matter of how we know what to apply from the OT and the willful failure to do so is apparent. A person cannot complain about long posts and fail to respond topically to summarized invitations and expect to be believed. It can't be had both ways. 

When your criticize someone, expect a response.

30 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Entitlement thinking. 

So we don't have the right to respond to your criticisms unless we first read your entire extremely long posts? 

2 minutes ago, Josheb said:

avoidant and off-topic argumentum ad nauseam

Do you have anything at all to post about how the NT inform us of our use of the OT or not? Because if not then the criticism is 1) warranted and 2) you are without defense and 3) should repent accordingly. If you don't want posters pointing errors out then don't make errors. 

Last chance:

Do you have anything at all to post topically about how the NT inform us of our use of the OT or not?

I'm just responding to what you are saying to me, so if we are off topic,  you took us there.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Josheb said:

avoidant and off-topic argumentum ad nauseam

Do you have anything at all to post about how the NT inform us of our use of the OT or not? Because if not then the criticism is 1) warranted and 2) you are without defense and 3) should repent accordingly. If you don't want posters pointing errors out then don't make errors. 

Last chance:

Do you have anything at all to post topically about how the NT inform us of our use of the OT or not?

You still are not learning how discussion works. We are not constructing computer programs. There is NO requirement for us to stick some rigid topic parameters you have decided is acceptable.

Sorry Josheb, but you are very knowledgeable, but also very rude a lot of the time. Please stop and think about this.