IGNORED

Is it it ok for Christians to protest against government?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

That's your rule. I'll thank you not to put that dross on me. If you don't want to read a long post then don't. But don't complain about the consequences of your rules on you. Don't blame your failure to understand when not reading on the length of the post. Don't blame your own misconstructions on me. 

I don't care whether you listen or not, john. That too is your assumption. Do you ever take responsibility for yourself? Show me one place in he last ten posts where that's happened. 

It's not a rule. People are free read your posts or not read them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 8/26/2020 at 2:33 PM, LPTSTR said:

Hi!

I have wondered to what extent does Romans 13:1-2 and other verses from the Bible that tell Christians to submit to authorities apply?

Rom 13: 1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.  2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

As many of us may have heard from news about Belarus - people are out there protesting against President. I am interested to know if Christians who live in Belarus are allowed to go there? Romans 13 and also other parts in the Bible tell us to submit to authorities which means we as Christians have to obey the law. Now if Christians happen to live in country where protesting is illegal, then according to Bible Christians should obey that law and stay home.  Therefore would it be allowed for Christians to protest in the Belarus? From the one hand Belarus government has been quite hard on it's people but from the other hand no where in the Bible are any exceptions for cases where government is too bad. And other question I have is is it ok for  Christians to call Belarus government corrupt? Because if governments are established by God then you basically blaspheme God by calling what He did bad.

Would be interested to hear your opinions.

Yes, When apostles were arrested, they demanded to know what they did wrong.