David1701

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

Here is a prose poem that I wrote, a few months after being saved (1985).  I would probably change a few things now, but I'll post it more or less as written.

Shining Brightly

Sadly thought the man, as he trod his weary way down the cobbled street.  On his right, a stair opened, to reveal a light in a hall, dimly lit but shining brightly with godly brilliance.  At the top of the stair stood a figure, shining whitely, stepping lightly, came He down the stair.

To meet, to greet, to say "Hello."; saved He the man?  But no!

The man turned down the cobbled street, with rain-drenched shoes on his soaking feet.  The rain battered his ageing coat and his trilby hat, as his sagging steps took him further away and further down, to ragged men, in a filthy town, called "Hell"!

What did the man, thus to seal his fearful fate, but walk on by and pass the Gate to heaven?

Standing brightly, calling lightly, many pass Him by; but meet Him, greet Him and step you sprightly up the stair, to a sun-drenched land.  Take you Jesus by the hand and let Him lead you lightly, as His friend, to a place, a joy, that has no end; come you home and do not turn Him away!

• Thumbs Up 1