• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60
  • Days Won:  0

Scripture showing Gods Protection and Power and Promises  

Revelation 8:5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.

Hallelujah, Praise the LORD, Hallelujah. 

Should we who love and keep His commandments have any fear of His Wrath?  NO.  

So in an effort to
steer my heart and mind back to Gods Word and bring back some of the peace I have allowed to fall, I am searching out some of Gods Words on the subject.  

Verses that show us Gods Power and protection (and some of His funny side) and How He shows it.  

I started out with 8:5 to illustrate 

Leviticus 16:12 And he shall take a censer full of burning coals of fire from off the altar before the LORD, and his hands full of sweet incense beaten small, and bring it within the vail:
(just as a reminder, we have the Saviour, our way is in the heart and mind, Spiritual,  not in the actions of the flesh)

Leviticus 16:13 And he shall put the incense upon the fire before the LORD, that the cloud of the incense may cover the mercy seat that is upon the testimony, that he die not

A protection for sure.  

Numbers 16:44 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

Numbers 16:45 Get you up from among this congregation, that I may consume them as in a moment. And they fell upon their faces.

Numbers 16:46 And Moses said unto Aaron, Take a censer, and put fire therein from off the altar, and put on incense, and go quickly unto the congregation, and make an atonement for them: for there is wrath gone out from the LORD; the plague is begun.

Numbers 16:47 And Aaron took as Moses commanded, and ran into the midst of the congregation; and, behold, the plague was begun among the people: and he put on incense, and made an atonement for the people.

Numbers 16:48 And he stood between the dead and the living; and the plague was stayed.

Numbers 16:49 Now they that died in the plague were fourteen thousand and seven hundred, beside them that died about the matter of Korah.

Numbers 16:50 And Aaron returned unto Moses unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation: and the plague was stayed.

PROTECTION FOR US, ARMOR if you would.

If we don't know how and why God operates as He does, then it's hard to call upon Him for protection.  

Just in case the "incense" is in question,  

Psalm 141:1 Lord, I cry unto thee: make haste unto me; give ear unto my voice, when I cry unto thee.

Psalm 141:2 Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

Psalm 141:3 Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.

Psalm 141:4 Incline not my heart to any evil thing, to practice wicked works with men that work iniquity: and let me not eat of their dainties.

Psalm 141:5 Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.

Psalm 141:6 When their judges are overthrown in stony places, they shall hear my words; for they are sweet.

Psalm 141:7 Our bones are scattered at the grave's mouth, as when one cutteth and cleaveth wood upon the earth.

Psalm 141:8 But mine eyes are unto thee, O GOD the Lord: in thee is my trust; leave not my soul destitute.

Psalm 141:9 Keep me from the snares which they have laid for me, and the gins of the workers of iniquity.

Psalm 141:10 Let the wicked fall into their own nets, whilst that I withal escape.

No wonder we are to continually  keep psalms and praises in our thoughts.

Isaiah 43:26 Put Me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,696
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

Psalms 24:1-10 The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it. For it was He who built the foundations and established it. Who is it that may go to His Holy place?       Those who have clean hands and a pure heart, such will receive His blessings.     The Lord, strong and mighty in battle, He is the King of Glory.

Psalms 25:1-13 Lord, to you I give my trust, do not let my enemies prevail over me.      No one who keeps their faith in the Lord, will be put to shame, but shame comes to all who transgress without cause.  Teach me your ways, that I might walk in the right path. Lord, remember Your tender care and love unfailing as in days of old. You are good and righteous, You guide the humble and those who keep the Covenant in the right path to choose. They will enjoy prosperity and their children will inherit the Land.

Psalms 25:14-22 The Lord confides His plans to those who fear Him, with them He will make His Covenant. I will always look to the Lord, turn now and show me Your favour, for I am desolate and afflicted. Look on me in my misery, my enemies surround me. Forgive my transgressions, let me not be put to shame, for You are my refuge, my trust is in You. Let integrity and uprightness protect me, Lord, deliver Your people from all their troubles.

Psalms 27:1-12 The Lord is my light and salvation, whom shall I be afraid of? When enemies close in upon me, it is them who stumble and fall. Though an army surround me, even then I will remain confident in Your protection.

One thing I have desired of the Lord, that I may dwell in His Land and see Him in His Temple. Lord, do not forsake me, save me from the attacks of my enemies, those who speak lies against me. For He will hide me in His shelter on the Day of disaster, then I will hold my head high above my enemies.  

Psalms 27:13-14 Well I know that I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Put your hope in Him, be strong and brave – He will help you.                                                                       Reference: REB. Some verses abridged.

NOT removal but: 

Escape, Shelter, Refuge, Protection, etc on the Day of Disaster;        Psalms 55:4-8, Psalms 60:4-5, Psalms 124:6-7, Proverbs 8:5, Jeremiah 31:2-3, Jeremiah 51:6, Psalms 32:7, Job 22:30, Psalms 17:7, Psalms 18:2-3, Psalms 31:1-24, Psalms 37:18-19, Psalms 91:2-4, Psalms 97:10-12, Psalms 109:26-31, Psalms 121:7, Isaiah 54:17, Jeremiah 30:7, Jeremiah 20:13  Joel 3:16, Nahum 1:7, Habakkuk 3:13, Psalm 61:3-4, Psalm 62:5-8, Proverbs 3:25-26, Zephaniah 2:3, John 17:12, 2 Peter 2:9, Revelation 3:10

Hebrews 12:25 Do not refuse the Voice, those who have refused to listen and obey the Word have no escape.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

Early chuch was fed to lions.