• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Jesus  Christ where he is he judges everyone according to their faith in him...that he died on the Cross for our sins...

But you are giving a strange twist to it...

Our faith is influenced in every possible way through a lot of variables...

And the  Holy Spirit gives us gifts of healing and other kind of gifts the way Jesus did when he sojourn in Israel...

He took it upon himself to do many things...and other times he was guided and he obeyed...it's not only this or that...

Everything matters...he still does the same as he has always does....and we do not always know...

Where he is now he is helping people to believe...the Holy Spirit helps and people help...one way or another...

And the devil helps people to denied Jesus, to depend on their faith in God..and their own righteousness and good works and to believe in Love, but they refuse to believe in Jesus Christ...

Where Jesus is now and since two thousand years ago...he has everything...he got what he believed it had to be his...

Now he judges everyone according to their faith in him...that he died on the Cross for our sins...

So then could it be possible that it's all about Christ Jesus and his faith and not about us and our faith?

13 hours ago, Marathoner said:

Not necessarily. Consider that the Lord refused to answer some as recorded in the Gospels. Here's an example from the Gospel of Luke:

And it came to pass, that on one of those days, as he taught the people in the temple, and preached the gospel, the chief priests and the scribes came upon him with the elders, And spake unto him, saying, Tell us, by what authority doest thou these things? or who is he that gave thee this authority?

And he answered and said unto them, I will also ask you one thing; and answer me: The baptism of John, was it from heaven, or of men?

And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say, Why then believed ye him not? But and if we say, Of men; all the people will stone us: for they be persuaded that John was a prophet. And they answered, that they could not tell whence it was.

And Jesus said unto them, Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things.

(Luke 20:1-8)

The Lord also ignored the Canaanite woman from Matthew 15. A member may have various reasons for ignoring another member; proclaiming this to be rude assumes much on your part. Are you privy to the reasons why someone feels ignoring another member is needed? 

I am not answering the man and I am ignoring him as well. But to block him would mean I could not read his stuff and that would mean I could not respond if he ever asked a question that made sense to me.

3 hours ago, dhchristian said:

Yes. This is what the ultimate goal of the doctrine of rest is all about. This is what coming to the fulness of Christ is all about, and what the Post modern church has lost. Quite simply this is the difference between humanism in the guise of Christianity and true Christianity. Without Him we can do nothing, its as simple as amazing Grace, and resting in that Grace. 

Many will use the doctrine of rest as an excuse for complacency, But when rightly understood there is continual growth For those who find this rest. The Faith Of Christ is the key to this, as His faith is what creates the growth in us, All we have to do is surrender to Him Fully, let him be the Pilot, Not the co-pilot. Our strength and will is what interferes with His work in us. When we are out of the way, he can bring that growth and sanctification. 

Christian humanism says Christ plus me, true Christianity says Christ is my all in all. The denial of this need is the very heart of the problem in this Laodicean age and many are living in this denial of their need as outlined in that letter. Whether you agree with my understanding of this being the Laodicean church age and we all being part of it, or not, what you are glimpsing is the heart of this self deception, which ties into the strong delusion of the end times. I read you are not "into" Revelation here, perhaps this will inspire you to do so. I Encourage you to study this and let the Holy Ghost teach you, if you approach it without any preconceptions and let him teach you, there is great blessing in studying this Book. If you start with a preconceived theory such as pre-trib rapture or this book is only for Jews, you will miss out on the blessing and simplicity of it and be overwhelmed by the complexity. The Simple key in this is understanding that there is no eighth church age, as the church grows into the fulness of Christ, or in some cases are exposed as the tares they are. This is why so many  have a hard time understanding and seeing what you are seeing.... 

God has given you eyes to see this (The eyesalve of God), now seek out the Gold refined in the fire. God Bless.

You write well. Thanks for sharing. If you would post one little tiny bit of how Revelations ties into the faith of Christ. Then we can talk about it right here. And yes I think it was awesome that you wrote...

This is what coming to the fulness of Christ is all about, and what the Post modern church has lost. Quite simply this is the difference between humanism in the guise of Christianity and true Christianity. Without Him we can do nothing,...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

47 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

So then could it be possible that it's all about Christ Jesus and his faith and not about us and our faith?

Paul wrote in his love and kindness towards us he is able to do a lot more than we asked....

There is no need to substitute "in his love" for in his faith...

He said : believe and you will recieved...

Jesus in his sojourning here in Israel he did a lot of things on his own without people know it or asking or asked in doubt...

We are selves often ask him to help someone else...sometimes in that person's knowledge joining in faith and some times not knowing that we pray about him , or when he doubts but we still asked Jesus for something we need...

The Holy Spirit help us to understand something...or open the way to something...

There are a lot of variables...

We do not need to say is all about his faith...or about no wanting to do or not to do something....we cannot blame him...

He is Judging us...we grieve the Holy Spirit...we are the ones who did not follow or do something or did something else than the Holy Spirit's guidance...

We have to look in our selves and doings ...we are judge...we are responsible...

Is about us and him helping us...if we do not respond as we should we need to learn to respond...

It's like we are helping someone because we want his good...but not always it turned around the way we hoped for...

On 10/7/2020 at 3:20 AM, Peterlag said:

Blocking people is rude is it not? There are many Christians who believe what God wrought in Christ came about because of the faith of Jesus Christ. Maybe not the few who post here. But many all over the world understand this. It seems very clear in Acts 3:16 that nobody dared comment on concerning the faith of Jesus Christ that caused the healing.

To comment about something in a post it comes with the courtesy to respond to someone asking a question...

Not necessarily satisfying the question...but to let the other know that he/she is reconsidering the issues at hand...

It is as if someone is shutting the door to your face...not wanting to continued...that maybe so but how is done is the issue at hand....to block a discussion of an issue which someone has given rise to by claiming is the OP issue at hand ...it is not courteous and a little bit more...why start the discussion of an issue and then say I do not want to talk about it...in a way that projects that one is right and the other wrong...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40

4 hours ago, Peterlag said:

If you would post one little tiny bit of how Revelations ties into the faith of Christ.

Its Right there in chapter 1, It is referred to as the "testimony of Jesus Christ", and him being the "faithful and true witness" Which is also part of the introduction given to the church of Laodicea. It is the "Patience of Jesus Christ". These are all concepts expressed in Revelation.

`Most in Christian circles cannot see this, Because of this postmodern humanistic bias in their understanding, and when you try to explain this in a loving way they are offended by it because they value their own contribution to faith, and what they do not realize is their faith is in their own understanding and will, and not in the person of Jesus Christ. Which goes right back to Galatians 2:20 they have not crucified the flesh, instead they hold onto this concept of the carnal mind, instead of the mind of Christ. 

For me personally, reading and studying the Book of revelation led directly to being able to put to death the carnal mind and finally saying with the Prophet Ezekiel "Lord, thou knowest" Up until that point I thought i could figure it out, Until we reach that point we are unteachable, because we by our own strength and will resist and oppose the Truth. In so doing we oppose Jesus who is the truth (John 14:6) and the Spirit of Truth, (John 16:13) who will show us all things.     

3 hours ago, dhchristian said:

Its Right there in chapter 1, It is referred to as the "testimony of Jesus Christ", and him being the "faithful and true witness" Which is also part of the introduction given to the church of Laodicea. It is the "Patience of Jesus Christ". These are all concepts expressed in Revelation.

`Most in Christian circles cannot see this, Because of this postmodern humanistic bias in their understanding, and when you try to explain this in a loving way they are offended by it because they value their own contribution to faith, and what they do not realize is their faith is in their own understanding and will, and not in the person of Jesus Christ. Which goes right back to Galatians 2:20 they have not crucified the flesh, instead they hold onto this concept of the carnal mind, instead of the mind of Christ. 

For me personally, reading and studying the Book of revelation led directly to being able to put to death the carnal mind and finally saying with the Prophet Ezekiel "Lord, thou knowest" Up until that point I thought i could figure it out, Until we reach that point we are unteachable, because we by our own strength and will resist and oppose the Truth. In so doing we oppose Jesus who is the truth (John 14:6) and the Spirit of Truth, (John 16:13) who will show us all things.     

I am not happy with any post not just your when someone talks about peope they have never met them, interview them, follow them in their steps and struggles, not knowing their intimate relationship with Jesus and how much he loves them. 

Without acknowledging their contribution to the Gospel, and not waiting to grow in perfection, but as they were gave them selves and their time to the service...to the benefit of those who are heirs of the richness of Heavenly blessings in Jesus Christ...

A lot of them being rich in their minds they gave up earthly carriers to become Servants of the Gospel and encouraging guiding and comforting and empowering the children of Jesus Christ it was their priority...

Some found themselves within church organizations with authoritarian policies but that did not deterred them to dedicate them selves and comfort those in the faith of Jesus Christ without prejudice to doctrinal adherence...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40

28 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I am not happy with any post not just your when someone talks about peope they have never met them, interview them, follow them in their steps and struggles, not knowing their intimate relationship with Jesus and how much he loves them. 

Without acknowledging their contribution to the Gospel, and not waiting to grow in perfection, but as they were gave them selves and their time to the service...to the benefit of those who are heirs of the richness of Heavenly blessings in Jesus Christ...

A lot of them being rich in their minds they gave up earthly carriers to become Servants of the Gospel and encouraging guiding and comforting and empowering the children of Jesus Christ it was their priority...

Some found themselves within church organizations with authoritarian policies but that did not deterred them to dedicate them selves and comfort those in the faith of Jesus Christ without prejudice to doctrinal adherence...

What we are seeing with the Humanist Christian model is a form of gainsaying in the church, even with those who serve (Especially with those who serve) A minister is the position of a servant, a slave of righteousness as Paul calls it, not a career choice to make a living at. Gainsaying not only involves financial gain but also personal fame and notoriety, They like the best seats in the synagogue, and to be called rabbi etc. (see Matthew 23) 

That is the perversion humanism brings, and the Jews of Jesus day were no exception. Humanism is like a serpent that creeps into safe place, and perverts that place. What was once based on Christ Jesus alone, is now based on Jesus Plus me.... My works add to salvation, when salvation is by grace alone. Faith is merely receiving that Grace, It is not our belief or how much we believe in him, but how much He is in us, whether He is LORD, or merely savior. Yes there is a progression in this, Yes we receive the truth for selfish reasons (eternal life) But we eventually reach the fulness of Christ in our walk, if we do not we are stuck in complacency which is the sin of the Laodicean church, thinking they are rich and in need of Nothing. Laodicea is still a "church", and her members are Christians, But they are stuck there, Like an eaglet who has yet to learn to fly. They may flap their wings hard, and squawk loudly, But until they learn to trust the thermals to lift them they will struggle to soar. The Faith of Christ is that thing we trust in to lift us up, Not our strength. When we are weak, He is strong. An Eagle when he is soring barely has to flap his wings. When We actually come to see this is when we submit to Him. (Read James 4:1-10). 

Instead of Praying to "strengthen my faith" we should pray "help me to put to death the old man and put on the new" We do this by receiving the testimony of Jesus Christ, and the faith of Christ. When the Laodicean church begins to see this is when the end time revival will begin and the outpouring of the gift of discerning of spirits will begin. This comes not from our strength and will, but from His work in us. He is the potter we are the clay, Christian humanism says, "I am the potter and I will mold myself as I see fit". Most people fear the loss of this "control" in their lives, But submitting to the authority of God is the most liberating thing a person can do, and one little preposition can change the entire meaning of the word of God from Christianity to Humanism. 

Such is the subtilty of the serpent, and the deception and denial of this end time church, a form of self deception. When a person begins to see this and tries to explain it as Peter has here, notice all the opposition that arises.... This is because most serve themselves rather than God. Hard words to hear, But those who have ears will hear. The Singleness or simplicity in Christ Jesus stands in contradiction to the subtilty of the serpent. 

This is what the old Hymns have that the new ones have lost, for example:

1. My hope is built on nothing less
    Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
    I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
    But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
    • Refrain:
      On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
      All other ground is sinking sand,
      All other ground is sinking sand.
  2. When darkness veils His lovely face,
    I rest on His unchanging grace;
    In every high and stormy gale,
    My anchor holds within the veil.
  3. His oath, His covenant, His blood
    Support me in the whelming flood;
    When all around my soul gives way,
    He then is all my hope and stay.
  4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,
    Oh, may I then in Him be found;
    Dressed in His righteousness alone,
    Faultless to stand before the throne.

Compared to this....

Make way through the waters
Walk me through the fire
Do what You are famous for
What You are famous for
Shut the mouths of lions
Bring dry bones to life and
Do what You are famous for
What You are famous for
I believe in You, God
I believe in You

Do You see the difference between these hymns? One is from the mid 19th century, the other is contemporary. The contemporary one is saying if "I believe, therefore, He will do", the old hymn says "what He has done, is the basis of my faith".  The Latter makes God a servant of your belief, while the other makes us the servant because of what he has done. To Me this is a huge difference. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, dhchristian said:

What we are seeing with the Humanist Christian model is a form of gainsaying in the church, even with those who serve (Especially with those who serve) A minister is the position of a servant, a slave of righteousness as Paul calls it, not a career choice to make a living at. Gainsaying not only involves financial gain but also personal fame and notoriety, They like the best seats in the synagogue, and to be called rabbi etc. (see Matthew 23) 

Can you explain what you mean by 'gainsaying" in this paragraph? It does not seem to work with what is the usual definition of that word and it's use.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.54
  • Days Won:  12

On 10/5/2020 at 1:42 AM, Walter Goraj jr said:

The question I raise repeatedly in this forum is of eternal importance. Is God in control of who He saves or do we play a part in it.

That question is a false dichotomy.  It is not "either, or"; but, "both, and".  God is in control of whom He saves AND we play a part in it, by His grace.

Is the boy in control of the wind-up car, or does the car move under its own power? 

The answer is: both!  The "or" is based on the mistaken assumption that these conditions are mutually exclusive.

The boy winds up the car and puts it on the carpet; then the car moves, by the power that the boy has given it.