• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

2 hours ago, teddyv said:

I'm not sure what you would mean here. How would you define "clearly part animal and also part human". Biologically we are part of the animal kingdom.

I don't know enough about biology or anatomy to explain this. Why don't you research what was originally meant by the missing link. People from my generation used to be waiting to hear some scientist say he found the missing link. Do you know about the Lucy skeleton from the 1980's? It was a hoax so you probably don't. In an attempt to prove evolution some scientist made a skeleton of a creature that was supposed to be part land animal but also part bird. Apparently birds have very different bone structures from land animals. Well other scientists wanted to examine the skeleton and they discovered those bones didn't really fit together, the skeleton was built by a man. It was a real scandal. The news media was still fairly truthful, back then. I remember reading about Lucy and it made me go to the library for a week, because I had also started to believe evolution was true. But it's not, it's all speculation.

Face it, the idea of evolution has only survived because atheism has become popular while us God believing people have become so timid. They mock us and we back down. I have often thought that if I could meet God I'd yell at Him for not giving us hardcore proof of His reality. Then I learned that proof of God would negate faith, which is so important. In order for me to get saved I did need proof of God and 40 yrs ago I told Him that. I told Him He had to prove to me He was really real. He did do that but what He did scared the willies out of me. I can't tell you exactly what He did He wouldn't like that. But what He did could only be seen by me, no one else in the room knew anything unusual happened. But nowadays we have lots of evidence that God is real and that the Bible is true. We keep finding more and more evidence all the time. People like Dawkins did us much harm, but it's not irrevocable. To me, it's unbelievable that any learned person can believe that life came from nothing. I mean, how stupid can you be. Nothing comes from nothing except nothing. Isn't that common sense, it used to be. There's was even a song, or a jingle, based on the idea.

Oh well.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90

20 minutes ago, JTC said:

I don't know enough about biology or anatomy to explain this. Why don't you research what was originally meant by the missing link. People from my generation used to be waiting to hear some scientist say he found the missing link. Do you know about the Lucy skeleton from the 1980's? It was a hoax so you probably don't. In an attempt to prove evolution some scientist made a skeleton of a creature that was supposed to be part land animal but also part bird. Apparently birds have very different bone structures from land animals. Well other scientists wanted to examine the skeleton and they discovered those bones didn't really fit together, the skeleton was built by a man. It was a real scandal. The news media was still fairly truthful, back then. I remember reading about Lucy and it made me go to the library for a week, because I had also started to believe evolution was true. But it's not, it's all speculation.

Making a hybrid of a human and a bird is totally ridiculous and is not something that evolution would even predict. I have heard detractors suggest things like "why don't we see a dog become a cat?", but this is a fundamental misunderstanding of how evolution works. Humans are linked to other primates with a past common ancestor from which we diverged paths. I was not aware Lucy was a hoax. and the only thing I can find is that there appears to have been a baboon bone in the mix somehow which was identified in 2015. For a hoax, you may be referring to Piltdown man.

Face it, the idea of evolution has only survived because atheism has become popular while us God believing people have become so timid. They mock us and we back down. I have often thought that if I could meet God I'd yell at Him for not giving us hardcore proof of His reality. Then I learned that proof of God would negate faith, which is so important. In order for me to get saved I did need proof of God and 40 yrs ago I told Him that. I told Him He had to prove to me He was really real. He did do that but what He did scared the willies out of me. I can't tell you exactly what He did He wouldn't like that. But what He did could only be seen by me, no one else in the room knew anything unusual happened. But nowadays we have lots of evidence that God is real and that the Bible is true. We keep finding more and more evidence all the time. People like Dawkins did us much harm, but it's not irrevocable. To me, it's unbelievable that any learned person can believe that life came from nothing. I mean, how stupid can you be. Nothing comes from nothing except nothing. Isn't that common sense, it used to be. There's was even a song, or a jingle, based on the idea.

Oh well.

Evolution is not popular because of atheism. Atheism is even a rather small part of the population as a whole. Evolution is popular because it is a productive means of investigating diversity of life on earth. It accounts for the bulk of the facts and evidence in the natural world.

(The life from non-life issue, while related, is not part of the theory. Evolution starts with the presumption of life existing. As far as I know, there are only hypotheses related to abiogenesis as well.)

Christians have certainly given up ground over the years, but it does not help when we have fundamentalists presenting an either/or dichotomy of beliefs. This is what Ken Ham at Answers in Genesis does all the time. For him, it's believe what I believe or you don't believe the Bible. And then when our kids are taught that its either/or and they are presented with the evidence at hand, they are forced to make a choice - abandon their faith because they are told you can't have a relationship in Jesus Christ and accept evolution/old earth/etc. or don't engage at all in the sciences. If we are to be salt and light in the world, we should encourage involvement in all spheres of society.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

1 hour ago, teddyv said:

Making a hybrid of a human and a bird is totally ridiculous

I didn't say it was a human and a bird, I don't recall what the land animal was. It was just something that desn't fly like a birds can. And when people say I've never seen a dog become a cat what they mean is we have no evidence that 1 species ever turned into another species. What we see is tremendous evidence of changes within each species. This is totally consistent with the Bible. I have a hunch you know what the Bible says as well as I do. I also don't think you have to believe in a young earth to be a Christian. I'm not convinced the earth is young myself. But you shouldn't be believing life came from nothing. God created all things, life included.

Actually I have found it doesn't help my faith to think about these things. I want us all to think about the things that make our faith grow stronger.

(actually I think someday some very strange fossils may be found because I believe the story about the evil angels not only having sex with our women, but I think they also engaged in bestiality)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

A long time ago an astute zoologist wrote: "I am absolutely convinced that people are or are not evolutionists, not for reasons based on natural history, but because of their philosophical opinions" (Yves Delage, The Structure of Protoplasm and of Heredity).