• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

11 hours ago, anynmsfmly said:

The purity ring i found was on sale for about $2, and i felt so offended.

That must be something they can hand out to people. If your giving away 15 or 20 of those you can not afford a lot of money. A hand out like that helps people to remember the message. If a father were to buy it for his daughter then maybe he would spend $15. 

• Group:  Royal Member

4 hours ago, anynmsfmly said:

But, i know what it says about not wearing fancy clothing and gold, and stuff, and braided hair,.etc,.

My wife spends a lot of her money to help the students with their school. Sometimes when they graduate and get a good paying job they will buy her something expensive like a designer purse. She is able to justify something like that because she does not use it much and she says she will pass it on to one of her nieces someday. If I see a good price on something I will pick up a few extra for friends. Yesterday someone asked me for some scissors and I had some I bought for a dollar when they were on sale. The regular price is a lot higher. With this 40% tariff prices are getting real high. So I am glad I stock up when I can buy at the right price.  

I took a short break to see if two of the other Christian forums I was affiliated with were making out.  There was barely any activity on one, the other had a lot of activity but there was a lot of conflict between members.  Worthy Christian Forums seems well-balanced.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 9/27/2020 at 9:50 AM, WilliamL said:

Nope, sound logic. Been following the numbers at the bottom of the site page, and they've consistently been near 200 a day for quite a while.

However, you are comparing a record, with recent averages, that seems like comparing apples and muffins to me.

More people have smart phones these days, and Worthy is not a phone friendly as it could me, as opposed to FaceBook. People here, are more information intensive than FaceBook users in general. Same with computer users, versus phone users. Phones and FaceBook, are the fastfood / junkfood users of technology I think.

Look at this growth of FaceBook chart:

facebookuse.jpg.f3c731963e365c12eadfddc7a9a82327.jpg

During that same time, while Smart Phone consumers where growing, computer sales were falling.
Considering all of this, participation at sites like Worthy seems likely to fall. 

How about Christianity itself, do you think that is becoming more or less attractive to people?

Then of course there are all of the other social media sites, and many forms of distractions like YouTube and Netflix, all of this takes a toll.

Of course, this is not a complete picture, but these days, even so-called Christians are unsure or unaware of basic doctrines, church attendance is down, Covid is restricting personal relationships (fellowship). Nominal Christians are more and more accepting of variable, no absolutes morality, and they often do not want to be judged in the slightest, so they opt for more feelgood alternatives to the true faith.

3For the time is coming when people will not endure sounda teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, 4and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. 

It is a lot of things to be sure, but I am glad this place exists. It takes a lot of work and dedication, and it is not as supported (in my opinion) as it should be. Will that ever change? I do not know, but that is a choice that individuals can make for themselves, whether they want to support Worthy, and find it of value for themselves, and a resource and outreach that glorifies God and serves people!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

2 hours ago, anynmsfmly said:

You had me at, "Your father shou ld spend more on that than you shou ld yourseld." You lost me at, " My wife spends to help the students. " Is she a teacher ? At what kind of school,................ :emot-questioned::emot-talk:

I said she gives money to the students (nieces & nephews) to help them pay their tuition. She has her degree as a social worker and she works in a nursing home. She wants to do what she can to help people get their education. They call this "Pay it forward". If someone helps us to get a college education then we help others get their education. Just as they pay it forward and they help someone.  

54 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

church attendance is down, Covid is restricting personal relationships (fellowship).

I use to go to church almost every day of the week. There were churches with Tue or Thur 10 am bible studies. Sometimes a church would serve a soup lunch after the morning Bible study. There were home church groups that would get together to talk and fellowship. We use to have prayer meeting to pray for the needs of the people who asked for prayer. I do not know if they still do any of that or not. People do not seem to be as active as they were before social media. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JohnR7 said:

I use to go to church almost every day of the week. There were churches with Tue or Thur 10 am bible studies. Sometimes a church would serve a soup lunch after the morning Bible study. There were home church groups that would get together to talk and fellowship. We use to have prayer meeting to pray for the needs of the people who asked for prayer. I do not know if they still do any of that or not. People do not seem to be as active as they were before social media. 

True.  From what my wife says, Facebook can be quite vicious.  And it's so ego centric.  That's one of the many reasons I've chosen to avoid it.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, anynmsfmly said:

I actually thank God for my disability

Usually when God allows something to be taken away He gives us something better. Even if people do not understand. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 9/28/2020 at 4:51 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

However, you are comparing a record, with recent averages, that seems like comparing apples and muffins to me.

More people have smart phones these days, and Worthy is not a phone friendly as it could me, as opposed to FaceBook.

Uh, showing my ignorance here, since i don't have/can't afford a smartphone, but why is Worthy less phone friendly? How do smartphones access the internet any differently than computers?

4 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Uh, showing my ignorance here, since i don't have/can't afford a smartphone, but why is Worthy less phone friendly? How do smartphones access the internet any differently than computers?

In my case, my Samsung phone is using WiFi, my computer is using Comcast xFinity.