douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

Deuteronomy 30:4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee:

30:5 And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers.

30:6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

This is the new covenant God promised Israel.

Israel will be be in the land when the Lord Jesus Christ returns to establish his kingdom on earth. In the kingdom, God will cause Israel to keep his commandments.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse [Deuteronomy 28:43-44] which I have set before thee,

and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the Lord thy God has driven thee.

And shalt return unto the Lord thy God. and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, sincerely;

That then the Lord thy God will return thy captivity...  Deuteronomy 30:1-3

---

Israels dead men shall rise, together with my dead body shall they arise. Isaiah 26:19

and David their king whom I shall raise up unto them. Jeremiah 30:9

I will take you from among the nations, and gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. Ezekiel 36:24

And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by. Ezekiel 36:34

Thus says the Lord: Come from the four winds, [Matthew 24:31 resurrections] Oh breath of life, and breath upon these slain that they may live. Ezekiel 37:9

..and they stood upon their feet an exceedingly great army. Ezekiel 37:10  [ Jude 1:14-15, Revelation 19:7-14 ]

I will open up your graves and bring you up out of your graves and bring you into the land of Israel. Ezekiel 37:12

And David my servant shall be (a) king over them (literally, resurrected) and they all shall have one Shepherd {the Messiah) Ezekiel 37:24 

[ Ezekiel 38 and 39 go on to speak of God and Magog.

Ezekiel 37:1-14 = Resurrections.

Ezekiel 37:15-28 = 1000 year reign of the Messiah and resurrected saints

Ezekiel 38 and 39 = Gog and Magog.

Revelation 20:4-5 = Resurrections.

Revelation 20:5-7 = 1000 year reign of the Messiah and resurrected saints

Revelation 20:7-10 = Gog and Magog. ]

And after 32 captivities shall Messiah suffer the death penalty, but not for Himself.

And the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary, and the end thereof shall be with a flood.

And unto the end of the war desolations are determined ... [the anti-Christ] shall make it desolate, even until the consummation  Daniel 9:26-27

[Esau] should not have stood in the crossroads to cut off those of his [brother that became a stranger] that did escape,

he should not have made captive those that did remain in the day of distress. Obadiah 1:6-14

For the day of the Lord is near upon all the nations..

Deliverers shall come up on mount Zion, to judge the mount of Esau, and the kingdom shall be the Lords. Obadiah 1:15,21

I will take away from midst of thee, them that rejoice in thy pride, and thou shalt no more be haughty in my holy mountain. Zephaniah 3:11

Where as Edom[Esau verse 3] says, we are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places;

thus says the Lord, They may build, but I will throw down Malachi 1:3-4

I will be a swift witness against.. false swearers.. and them that turn aside the stranger from his right, because they do not fear me says the Lord. Malachi 3:5

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Deuteronomy 10:16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

So the foreskin of the heart makes one stiffnecked (and hard-hearted?) Interesting that even female hearts need heart circumcision, but the physical circumcision was only for males. I don't think it is because males are more stiff-necked, though.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 9/30/2020 at 2:46 PM, Desopixi Seilynam said:

And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse [Deuteronomy 28:43-44] which I have set before thee,

and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the Lord thy God has driven thee.

And shalt return unto the Lord thy God. and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, sincerely;

That then the Lord thy God will return thy captivity...  Deuteronomy 30:1-3

Is it possible that this is speaking of some future time, the Lord's return perhaps? The reason I wonder about this is because Israel still does not obey his voice. They still deny Christ. I pray for the salvation of Israel, but it is still yet to come.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

16 hours ago, Ozarkbound said:

Is it possible that this is speaking of some future time, the Lord's return perhaps? The reason I wonder about this is because Israel still does not obey his voice.

Yes it is referring to a future time. From Deuteronomy 28:43-44 and Rev 2:9 and 3:9 we have lenses through which we can see the truth of what is going on in Israel now. Not all who claim to be Jews are actual descendants of Israel and his twelve sons.
The Jews are still under many of the curses mentioned in Deuteronomy 28, the stranger that dwells among them has got up very high above them, and the descendants of Israel, who have largely forgotten who they are; Jeremiah 23:27-28,39 worship a literal piece of stone; Deuteronomy 28:64, literally crying out "Curse! Curse!".  [Strong's H423]

20 hours ago, Ozarkbound said:

Is it possible that this is speaking of some future time, the Lord's return perhaps? The reason I wonder about this is because Israel still does not obey his voice. They still deny Christ. I pray for the salvation of Israel, but it is still yet to come.

Isn't it we who are Israel, who are the true Jews and have received the true circumcision? We have been grafted into the Vine, which is Christ, our King and Shepherd who rules over us.

I think some of the passage refers to future events (e.g. the resurrection of the dead, which isn't happening much, or at all), but where it talks about Christ and the King and our obedience, I think that is still being fulfilled to this day.

Romans 2:28 - 29 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Edited by Gershom_young

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

This is for all Christians who have been genuinely born again. Phil 3:3: For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Heart circumcision = Spirit baptism = the sealing of the Spirit = the divine pledge of our unconditional eternal security in Christ

Col 2:11-12:

11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Notice it's "without hands." It's not water baptism, because that's *with* hands!

2 Cor 1:21-22:

21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;

22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Eze 36:37:

And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

"Cause you to walk in My statutes" + "keep My judgments, and do them" = the righteousness of Christ. We walk in the righteousness of Christ, not our own righteousness. We are "caused" to walk in this because we are sealed by the Spirit - that is, we are not our own but in an eternal and irrevocable love relationship with God in Christ. Thus, we are made righteous by imputation, and not through a transformation of the flesh. We put off the body of the sins of the flesh... how? By the circumcision of Christ. The Spirit is life because of righteousness (Rom 8:10).

As Peter said:

The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Notice Peter said baptism saves us. He didn't say it's the like figure that saves us, but baptism itself. Is this water baptism? No! Of course not! It's Holy Spirit baptism. Circumcision was a sign of the covenant with Abraham. Likewise, the Spirit is the sign of the covenant for those who are in Christ. We have a good conscience towards God because our conscience has been purged of sins (Heb 10:2). Water baptism cannot do this - only Spirit baptism can. The filth of the flesh is NOT put away, but remains in us, but still we have a good conscience towards God, from the testimony of the Holy Spirit (Rom 8:16).

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

I read on another site that physical circumcision removed the "foreskin of sin". Is that correct?