• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, David1701 said:

True unity is in the Lord and in the truth, not in enforced conformity to a set of man-made restrictions.

Well then you better take this up with Worthy. Tell them we should be free to post whatever we want on this site and to stop their man made restrictions. See how that goes. 

Edited by LadyKay

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

For the last 15 years or so I have spent a lot of time in good natured exchanges on the internet in various fora. This year has been very difficult as there is now so little tolerance now for opposing views. My favorite forum now deletes more of my posts than they allow, And I recently got a 5 day suspension for the crime of being wrong, despite having a source. Source was unapproved.

I had both a challenging pass time, and an excellent opportunity to witness and open eyes. Now that is all gone.

I guess I just felt like having a bit of a moan about it, I'll be all right, But I am somewhat depressed about the state of our freedoms. How did it come to be that the liberals are the ones who can't stand freedom of expression. 

I  can not comment because I don't know what you were posting. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,437
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, Chicken coop2 said:

Yes, that's right let's oy vey the very idea of trying to work together when being divided and fighting and hating is such a much better option. 

Indeed so, but that can mean many varied things that the believer cannot compromise with.   Obama in his first term in office campaigned on the marriage is between a man and a woman.  His second term he changed the whole narrative and draped the white house with the rainbow colors.  

2 Corinthians 6 King James Version (KJV)

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Obama in his first term in office campaigned on the marriage is between a man and a woman.  His second term he changed the whole narrative and draped the white house with the rainbow colors.  

But did he force you to marry a man? No. :rofl:

35 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I  can not comment because I don't know what you were posting. 

Well that has never stop me from commenting. 

16 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

But did he force you to marry a man? No. :rofl:

No, you're right.  What he did do was demonstrate how the serpent propagate his cunning lies and tricks. So, yes, the believer cannot be yoked to such parties.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

. So, yes, the believer cannot be yoked to such parties.

Careful how you judge your fellow Christians. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,205
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  99

Grumbling and complaining stirs up strife. Avoid engaging in it. 

What is the source of quarrels and conflicts among you? Is the source not your pleasures that wage war in your body’s parts? You lust and do not have, so you commit murder. And you are envious and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask with the wrong motives, so that you may spend what you request on your pleasures. (James 4:1-3 NASB)

Therefore be patient, brothers and sisters, until the coming of the Lord. The farmer waits for the precious produce of the soil, being patient about it, until it gets the early and late rains. You too be patient; strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near. Do not complain, brothers and sisters, against one another, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing right at the door. (James 5:7-9 NASB)

The end of all things is near; therefore, be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer. Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. Be hospitable to one another without complaint. (1 Peter 4:7-9 NASB)

Love covers a multitude of sins.

Even a fool who remains silent is considered wise. (Proverbs 17:28)

Edited by Marathoner

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Careful how you judge your fellow Christians. 

Did I do some judging. I think I did not. It was a reference to a biblical scripture verse I quoted .  Anyway let's leave the judging to the one who sees and knows all things. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  287
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/07/1967

5 hours ago, Chicken coop2 said:

Amen.

And, @canuckamuck whatever it was, why don't you post it here? It would be overwhelming approved by a vast majority of the members here I am fairly sure. 

No, I am talking about replies to threads of various subjects, not threads I started myself. It would make little sense to dig them up. I was just feeling frustrated and started this thread here thinking it was likely a shared experience. It is not the content of my posts that is the issue, but how the tide has turned. 

I believe that the free exchange of ideas id the best practice for society, even if some if those ideas are uncomfortable. It seems that advocating for morality or truth has become the uncomfortable ideas.

I need to remember God is in control. Perhaps it is best that evil come fully into the open so it can be known for what it is and people will seek righteousness instead.

• Thumbs Up 1