• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Paul James said:

Getting my point across again: is there ANY prophet who can find out what God has planned for me? If not what is his plans for me, can you guarantee that I’d live the good life that I want to live?

You will get many trite answers here. Go to Jeremiah and FIND what he said about who is a prophet.

Secondly, attempt to forget yourself and the 'good life'. It ain't gonna be there! It will never be there whilst you are looking.

Third, which of course SHOULD be first:  ASK GOD what He has planned for you.

(and do not take any wooden nickels)

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,240
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

7 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

You will get many trite answers here. Go to Jeremiah and FIND what he said about who is a prophet.

Secondly, attempt to forget yourself and the 'good life'. It ain't gonna be there! It will never be there whilst you are looking.

Third, which of course SHOULD be first:  ASK GOD what He has planned for you.

(and do not take any wooden nickels)

Godly counsel. If you ever return to Worthy, @George242g, I hope you read this topic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest kingdombrat

God's Plan for you and everyone else is {simple}.

Examine the Lord's Prayer.   You will immediately understand 2 constants.   Forgive others and seek God's Will over your own.

I have been a Believer for years and have been prophesied over several times.   Nothing ever happened.   At first, I thought those who prophesied were inept and out of the "Will" of God when they did so.   I made several excuses for why things weren't happening as I was led to believe.   Then one day I was reading the {Lord's Prayer}.   And it was like the light switch flipped to the [on] position.   Nothing is going like prophesied or as I thought would all because "I have always been about my own will and not about God's Will."  From that moment on I would think and say to God, "Not my will be done God but let Your Will be done."   I kept saying this and thinking as the days passed on when I remembered it.   About 10 days passed and something happened that was supposed to happen 20 years ago.   The doors just opened and there it was.   Since then a few other things have come to pass but I know the real gist of what was prophesied has not come to fruition.   But in God's {TIME and His Will} it will happen.

If I could offer anything to you, it would be to learn how to submit to God by removing your will for His.   And it's quite easier than I had once believed.   Now i just randomly at any given time will get the idea and I repeat it to God "not my will be done but let Your Will God be done."

The moment you are in God's Will is the very moment doors will open to show you What His plan is for you!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,240
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

I'll share what I have for you in the event you return to the forum, @George242g. This relates to what others have given for each contributor has shared as the Spirit moves them: this is the answer to the question you posed in the title, my friend. 

The Lord does not hide His face from us nor does He withhold any good thing from the sons and daughters of His promise. That is who we are in Jesus Christ for in Him all things are revealed.  As our brother @Michael37 reminds us, the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. If you are seeking after the prophet of old then you will find the words which the Spirit entrusted to him recorded in the scriptures. Those words testified of the Word made flesh and His coming for the salvation of men. This was our Father's plan all along as recorded in the book of Genesis. 

You will not find the prophet of old walking the earth in these last days. Why? There was a time when the Almighty hid His face from men, concealing His glory from those who were called by His name and the foreigner alike, but at various times our Father chose one from among their number to deliver His words and judgment so they would not perish from a lack of vision. Once the work of Christ was complete and He rose from the dead, ascending to sit with the Ancient of days upon His throne, the prophecy of Joel 2:28 (testified of in Acts 2:17) was fulfilled when the Lord sent the Spirit of the living God to dwell with the children of promise upon this earth.

Yes, God poured His Spirit upon all flesh and so the office of the prophet, the one chosen to faithfully deliver the words of the Lord to his fellows who could neither hear Him nor witness His glory, was changed forevermore. God Himself dwells with us, my friend... this is the work of Jesus Christ, the second Adam who is perfect without spot or blemish. Yes, our Father's plan from the foundation of the world. 

Indeed, any and all may call upon the name of the Lord for this is the will of our Father in heaven. Call upon the Lord and wait upon Him, George242g, confident that He will answer. Bear in mind that so long as you labor and pine for the riches of this world, His answer will be long in the coming. Empty yourself of worldly ambition...

That's the first step. :) 

Edited by Marathoner

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

12 hours ago, Michael37 said:

The true purpose of prophecy is to bear testimony to the Person and work of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Rev 19:10  And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

That testimony is found in the four Gospels.  Outside of those Gospels the Jesus that some go after is another Jesus, the product of their imagination.  Extra-Biblical prophecy is not of the Holy Spirit, but is dreamed up from man's imagination.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

12 minutes ago, Paul James said:

That testimony is found in the four Gospels.  Outside of those Gospels the Jesus that some go after is another Jesus, the product of their imagination.  Extra-Biblical prophecy is not of the Holy Spirit, but is dreamed up from man's imagination.

No argument here against extra-Biblical prophecy. The Biblical kind is alive and well.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

2 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

No argument here against extra-Biblical prophecy. The Biblical kind is alive and well.

The best way of speaking a biblical prophecy is to read the Bible out loud.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

11 minutes ago, Paul James said:

The best way of speaking a biblical prophecy is to read the Bible out loud.

...and hope the seed falls on fertile soil and grows to produce much fruit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 11/24/2020 at 6:35 AM, George242g said:

To sum it all up: my life has been one big mess from the very start. No matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to get anywhere. I’ve encountered the father before in a dream, and I grew up religious. With that said, I know of God and his presence.  I am now leaning on that - on this faith - for a chance to be a “better me”.

Since this is a post in the “ASK NEW QUESTION” thread, I guess my question is: what is his plan for me? Who am I to be? Someone I am pleased with? Someone who did exactly what everyone told them to do, cave in to the nit-picking and negative comments and did exactly what they expected...fail?  Will I have suffered for naught? Mind you I’m grateful for what little I have, but a part of me wants to be selfish. To have a life like every other normal person me age;enjoy a fad;go on dates;go out with friends;get into a little bit of trouble - just a teeny-weeny little bit of young, fun, laddy-daddy fun;simply ENJOY life as everyone does.  Or remain in the shadows? To live and not have any sense of individuality or lasting impression on anyone - good that is? Will I forever be unhappy?

To give exposition about myself, I would state that...hmm...my nature from I was younger was of meekness. Yes!  An empathetic, meek, optimistic, easily pushed around little boy is what I was. In many ways, I am still that boy. I guess, you can say I was soft. The type to never win an argument;not have a string of good luck;easily yelled at;mocked;beraded;degraded;fearful;easily manipulated, hurt, discouraged, remorseful.  I’ve always been a less assertive person, a lamb, letting the wolfs have at me to not say a thing. Even when put into situations where I should have been a little harsh, I could never muster up the courage or the “gall”. I’ve struggled in my home life, social life(for the majority was “school”, where I didn’t very much have many good memories ) - and now that I’m a young adult(not to long turned the big one - eight) I am struggling in my financial life(though I was struggling financially before, but now more so than ever). It’s a lot more I could go on about. But it pains me so to talk about all of my problems, I doubt you would want to read any more. Or I doubt I would want to talk more about, as to seem pitiful or needy.

Getting my point across again: is there ANY prophet who can find out what God has planned for me? If not what is his plans for me, can you guarantee that I’d live the good life that I want to live?

You don't have to be a prophet to know that if you love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul, and love your neighbor as yourself, things will be okay.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Read my signature.