• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

6 minutes ago, popsthebuilder said:

I don't think I was very clear initially. I know of one who claims the Holy Spirit of GOD is limited in capacity to quoting verbatim scripture to the believer. This is not accurate to me though seeing as how all scripture we read is translation.

The Spirit is not limited to recital of translated texts. That doesn't mean what is taught through the Holy Spirit will be contrary to scriptural understanding.

So you have not studied the consistency of the Greek copies we have? And the worse that God promising through His written Word all that is needed in life and Godliness -> God was not able to bring about?

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

48 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

So you have not studied the consistency of the Greek copies we have? And the worse that God promising through His written Word all that is needed in life and Godliness -> God was not able to bring about?

Not sure I'm understanding your questions. I read and study from multiple interlinears. 

I did not insinuate that what can be deduced from a GOD given spiritual understanding of the written word is not sufficient for one to accomplish the will of GOD within their own life. My point was and is that we should be careful not to limit the power of the very Spirit of GOD. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

16 minutes ago, popsthebuilder said:

Not sure I'm understanding your questions. I read and study from multiple interlinears. 

I did not insinuate that what can be deduced from a GOD given spiritual understanding of the written word is not sufficient for one to accomplish the will of GOD within their own life. My point was and is that we should be careful not to limit the power of the very Spirit of GOD. 

No God has done this for you in His Word
John 14:26

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
KJV

this is further identified in Paul's writing of God's Word

2 Tim 3:14-17

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

So the spirit that suggest God's is found outside of The Holy Spirit and His written Word is suspect... it is as from the very beginning

Gen 3:1-5
 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
KJV

God has from the very beginning taught us that His Word will be and all else that comes against it will not be... Truth verse lie... so teaching outside of the written confines of Scripture saying God also speak to us this way is outside of the Written Word of God and John has already identified the embodiment of the written text:

John 1:1-14

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
KJV

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

No God has done this for you in His Word
John 14:26

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
KJV

this is further identified in Paul's writing of God's Word

2 Tim 3:14-17

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

So the spirit that suggest God's is found outside of The Holy Spirit and His written Word is suspect... it is as from the very beginning

Gen 3:1-5
 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
KJV

God has from the very beginning taught us that His Word will be and all else that comes against it will not be... Truth verse lie... so teaching outside of the written confines of Scripture saying God also speak to us this way is outside of the Written Word of God and John has already identified the embodiment of the written text:

John 1:1-14

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
KJV

Still not sure where I'm loosing you. Do you contend that the Word and Spirit of GOD is the same as the GOD inspired written word of men? Perhaps you believe that the very Spirit of GOD is limited to the words written by inspired and inspirited men. 

Isn't the argument rather moot considering all the scripture about new things and greater works?

If you are just trying to say that a message from GOD will be in accord with the teachings of the Christ as denoted in our Bible then I agree. If you are trying to say something else then I'm not sure I follow, and as for an attempt at clarification in your own words.

As an aside; if we can't parse scriptural truth in our own words then do we really know the lessons of our little sacred book?

peace

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

12 hours ago, popsthebuilder said:

Yes sir. I thought that was you meaning; but the text clearly doesn't limit revelations of the Holy Spirit of GOD to what has already been revealed. The simplest of proof being that the verse you quoted says "and". That's all. I know of someone who literally uses that particular verse to limit the capacities and abilities of the very Spirit of GOD; claiming GOD is limited to what is already taught....just doesn't seem accurate to me.

I don't mean to offend.

peace

You are not being offensive - just engaging in fair discussion.

We have the teaching of Jesus in the Gospels, and the extension to that teaching is found in the epistles of the Apostles.  Once the last Apostle (John) died, there is no further direct inspiration that can be termed as Holy Scripture.   Therefore any subsequent "revelation" purported to be inspired by the Holy Spirit has to be false, unless totally consistent with what Jesus and the Apostles taught in the New Testament.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

9 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

" But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you , and ye need not that any man teach you : butbut as the same anointing teacheth you of all things,  and is truth , and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you , ye shall abide in Him " ( 1 John 2;27).

There are only two alternatives.  One is either prophetic or pathetic!  :-)

3 hours ago, Paul James said:

You are not being offensive - just engaging in fair discussion.

We have the teaching of Jesus in the Gospels, and the extension to that teaching is found in the epistles of the Apostles.  Once the last Apostle (John) died, there is no further direct inspiration that can be termed as Holy Scripture.   Therefore any subsequent "revelation" purported to be inspired by the Holy Spirit has to be false, unless totally consistent with what Jesus and the Apostles taught in the New Testament.

I agree

• 10 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 12/1/2020 at 3:57 PM, choir loft said:

Everybody seems to want to be a prophet.

Nobody wants to endure the pain and discomfort to actually become one.

Agreed. Prophets suffer from the world, the world hates people of God, for being people of god. I find it very interesting and powerful that Gods people want pure and adulterated goodness for the world and we are hated for that. 

• Thumbs Up 1