IGNORED

Just a story/book to soon be written... Would like if someone could think on it, and answer is wisely, in a humble christian manner..

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

If there was a man that was chosen by God, and his family and many many other people were possessed by demons, how would a man go about getting by if even though he wanted to pray and have God make a way for him by providing jobs and providing food there wasn't really a way for that to happen because the jobs that would be provided the people offering the jobs were possessed and the money they offered they expected something great in return from a man chosen by God. Also the mans family whom which was possessed too, who offered food to the man also expected something great in return. how would the man get by? Another question how would the man not be pridefull in a way if he couldn't/wouldnt accept food or jobs that kept getting offered to him, because he knew they were possessed, and knew he was chosen, and refused to accept things from something as low as demons especially being chosen by God "that's the question mainly being asked" how would he not be pridefull when not accepting the things knowing hes higher then them in the most humble way possible but they just keep playing games, and lying, and tricking?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

How would be know that those around him were possessed by demons?

Don't forget there are only two states in this world.

Saved and unsaved.

What difference is there between unsaved and possessed?

Surely the man would live as a Christian does now, doing his normal work commuting, interacting with people and living with his family.

The question I would ask is just how much opposition would there be to his obvious difference and to his Christian practices, like reading the Bible, prayer and witnessing?

How would the unreasonableness of a nonchristian lifestyle be shown?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

Should I answer? How should I answer? Then some words from a song seemed appropriate.

To Him Who sits on the throne
And unto the Lamb
And unto the Lamb
Be blessing and honor
And glory and power forever
Be blessing and honor

And unto the Lamb
And unto the Lamb
Be blessing and honor
Be blessing and honor

Be blessing and honor
Be blessing and honor

And unto the Lamb
And unto the Lamb
Be blessing and honor
Be blessing and honor

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

12 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Should I answer? How should I answer? Then some words from a song seemed appropriate.

This is a good answer. With this type of story there's a certain risk of glorifying the man or glorifying the enemy when it all belongs to God. So it's something to keep in mind with the writing.

This is in no way meant to discourage a writing project, but consider if it's truly necessary for so many people to be possessed. In writing fiction it's important to have characters and situations that people can relate to. Possession isn't something most of us can relate to. When all the people around the primary character are possessed it becomes even more difficult to relate to, and if there's an intent to reach an unsaved audience it becomes even more far removed from the average person's experience. If the writer is hoping to illustrate the point that we exist in the world but are not of it, that can likely be done in a more relatable fashion by sticking to the pressures faced by a Christian facing ostracism and pressure from a family and environment hostile to their beliefs.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

An alternative idea rather than writing about everybody is possessed, would be to write about the approaching horror.

Of the vastly infection that is causing people's lives to be turned upside down.

The hero/heroines are living normal care free lives, but they are aware of the infection, that there are other people normal looking people going about selling to infect other people.

The story develops as they try to avoid being infected, the lengths they go to to avoid it or to be decontaminated.

Then one of them is infected and they watch in horror s this person's life changes and we become aware of the attempts to cure the infected person.

The infection= Christianity.

Hero/heroines are non Christians trying to remain so.

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

If there was a man that was chosen by God, and his family and many many other people were possessed by demons, how would a man go about getting by if even though he wanted to pray and have God make a way for him by providing jobs and providing food there wasn't really a way for that to happen because the jobs that would be provided the people offering the jobs were possessed and the money they offered they expected something great in return from a man chosen by God. Also the mans family whom which was possessed too, who offered food to the man also expected something great in return. how would the man get by? Another question how would the man not be pridefull in a way if he couldn't/wouldnt accept food or jobs that kept getting offered to him, because he knew they were possessed, and knew he was chosen, and refused to accept things from something as low as demons especially being chosen by God "that's the question mainly being asked" how would he not be pridefull when not accepting the things knowing hes higher then them in the most humble way possible but they just keep playing games, and lying, and tricking?

One thing that needs to be said is that this OP creates a poor first impression due to misspelled words, grammatical errors, and run-on sentences.  In addition, I missed the main point the first time I read it and wasted time writing a response due to my misunderstanding of what was being asked.  That's partly on me for not reading carefully word by word.  But it is partly due to the formatting and organization.  I'd guess any literary agent or publisher seeing this would likely read a couple sentences, give up, and never bother with it again because they'd just assume they are seeing laziness or incompetence.  Any discourse a potential writer has with others should be characterized by care and professionalism or there is a very real risk of burning bridges.

To summarize what I'm understanding, the story premise is this.    The protagonist's only interactions with the world for sustenance and survival is from demons because God has chosen not to use other methods.   Further, the only moral course of action available to him is to refuse the means of survival from them.   Part of the conflict in the story will be with the internal struggles the protagonist faces with his attitudes.     My impression is that the possessed in this story's world are irredeemably possessed so that liberation and treating them with hope for change is not possible.  I think a critical assumption is whether or not the protagonist has any hope or faith that the possessed can be liberated and saved.  If the story direction is essentially that God will not do any form of deliverance and the protagonist cannot have hope or faith his family will be saved, this is in essence a hopeless fatalistic world where the protagonist knows his family is damned and that the only hope is resurrection after death.  If the story direction is that the protagonist is hoping and having faith for the deliverance of those around him and his family, it becomes a story of patience, faith, hope, and endurance for the sake of others.

The statement "how would he not be pridefull [sic] when not accepting the things knowing hes [sic] higher then [sic] them in the most humble way possible" is somewhat confusing in that it's not clear who he's better than.    Is this in reference to demons or to the possessed?  It also seems to almost imply his natural inclination is toward pridefulness which is virtually impossible to avoid. Also, it will depend on if the possessed are redeemable or irredeemable?  If irredeemable, they become essentially indistinguishable from the demons.  If redeemable, one of the foremost thoughts in the protagonist's heart and mind would be freeing his family and friends.  As such, he would clearly see them as slaves to the demons needing liberation.  His primary attitude toward them would be compassion and love with refusal to take sustenance being part of his ministry to free them.  Pride would have little place in this.  If he's facing certain death due to his refusal, I suppose one could read through various accounts of martyrs in church history to answer the question of how they avoided pridefulness in choosing in death over life.