• Content Count:  1,742
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

Blessings on all who reverence and trust the Lord—

on all who obey him!

Their reward shall be prosperity and happiness.”

Psalm 128:1-2

Just as faith without works is dead,

so words of love without obedience are phony.

Anon.

Naturally, God Speaks

1698215409_Web954.JPG.eb02be41fec2b23fb09f65b3dbf9fed8.JPG

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

11 hours ago, Daily verse and quote said:

Blessings on all who reverence and trust the Lord—

on all who obey him!

Their reward shall be prosperity and happiness.”

Psalm 128:1-2

Just as faith without works is dead,

so words of love without obedience are phony.

Anon.

Naturally, God Speaks

Yes, love without obedience really isn't love.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I keep lists of bible verses. This is going in my blessing list.

Appreciate your posts!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

I John 5:3  Because this is how we love on God, by obeying His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.

Yes, indeed...if one only claims to love God, but does not strive to walk in obedience to Him, then he demonstrates that he really does not love God. 

And, just in case someone gets an itch because of the words "obeying His commandments," John is not speaking of the 10 commandments of the old covenant, but the two commandments of the New Covenant.

Blessings!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Praise GOD for His word.. amen. With all that is around us we see hear feel taste. Do we love those around us? If we don't do it for those we see hear feel... you think we will for God? Look here how some treat each other.. which to GOD is the same as treating Him. If you've done it to the least of these my brethren (thats you and me) you've done it unto me. 

Obey is not love. There are many groups out there that simply obey do what the bible says.. that does not mean they LOVE Him. Feel free to tell me about Him that you KNOW like you do your parents your spouse your bother your sister. Some quote verses but what was written before all that and after? Obeys not in the chapter before. Love is 30 times. Obey not once. Granted when it was written there was not chapters. We tend to run with verse or chapter.. not how it was written.

How many of them seen heard Him (Christ)? Some every day for years. Christ asked them after years...if you love me. Today we toss it out and that person never seen heard Him. Only hears this or that group that gifts are alive..no gifts are dead.. your always saved.. no you can lose your salvation. And your like "a..sorry which one of you KNOW Him love Him?" Please share how you love someone you never met and you truly don't know. A simple fact.. He never makes you feel convicted or guilty. Yet we do to each other. He even said.. God didn't send His son to condemn the world but to save it. 

How are some of us justifying this "we love you Jesus?" What command are you doing that makes you think .. "I do this means I love Him?". Not even close to .."I give my life for the world and you never asked for it".

Christ said it.. John said it or the Holy Spirit so duh its truth. If we think love is just obeying... then for me thats not love.  One is has to be from the heart. You have to WANT to do it with out ever being told. I don't love Him for a reward.. not for some place to live in heaven. Not to have every lasting life. I am not in this to get anything. Seen this compassion this love... always wanted that. This is me .. what I to what I believe. I can not love someone I don't know. I am 59 I will not lie or deceive Him. Seen wonders.. and at ever moment I think I lol know Him.. He does something new. If I can not love my own wife whom I see every day. Thats doing what 1st Cor 13 says. How can I look at Him "love YA Jesus..look what i am doing..keeping your word!". 

We can't fool God. Love each other.. what is love...doing that is keeping His word. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,057
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

KEEPING  HIS  WORD

JOHN 12:49  for I have not spoken of myself but  THE  FATHER  which sent  ME  HE  gave  ME  a  commandment what I should say and what I should speak

--12:50--  and I know that  HIS  commandment is life everlasting whatsoever I speak therefore even as  THE  FATHER  said unto  ME  so I speak 

1 CORINTHIANS 1:10  now I beseech you brethren by the name of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  that you all speak the same thing and that there be no divisions among you but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement 

1 JOHN 2:6  HE  THAT  SAITH  HE  ABIDETH  IN  HIM  OUGHT  HIMSELF  ALSO  SO  TO  WALK  EVEN  AS  HE  WALKED 

LUKE 6:46  AND  WHY  CALL  YOU  ME  LORD  LORD  AND  DO  NOT  THE  THINGS  WHICH  I  SAY

*******LUKE 11:17  BUT  HE  KNOWING  THEIR  THOUGHTS  SAID  UNTO  THEM  EVERY  KINGDOM  DIVIDED  AGAINST  ITSELF  IS  BROUGHT  TO  DESOLATION  AND  A  HOUSE  DIVIDED  AGAINST  A  HOUSE  FALLETH*******

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST