• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, LiveWire said:

Could be, but I believe in all of the Gifts of the Spirit, especially, Discernment.

When someone you don't really know is telling you about something you have no way to verify and you get that hollow feeling that you are most likely being lied to.   And sure enough, later down the road you discover it was all a lie.   That is Discernment.   And that Discernment happens in everything in life from simple daily routine to Spiritual Warfare.   You see, that is God telling me you are being lied to.   But it takes me to internally process this to become real and believable.   Once my mind is positive, I absolutely receive God's Favor in my life.

You can always inquire further for clarification or verification.  Just in case you were referring to me, ......

Two ministries I have mentioned; one is closed, and the other has a new pastor and so I do not know if he would maintain the practice of that church or not, for holding a time in the service where everybody prayed in tongues.

The founder and leader, Don Reed, of that closed Crossing Paths Ministry is still around for you to ask him by e-mail if he ever held a time in the service for all praying in tongues.  

I do not know if the Lakeside Church in Transfer PA still holds that time within their service to all pray in tongues when that pastor I was familiar with, is no longer there.  I am thinking that the new pastor would just go along with the established practice, but I could be wrong.

Unless you are referring to something else and someone else.

I would look on Youtube to see if you can find a video of a church where they are all praying in tongues at one time during a church service but the forum does not allow videos in these parts of the forums let alone show it to you in this thread.

I mean since my references are of the past and not current, I can understand your suspicions, but you can always check on Youtube to find such practices still.

I know this. When you & I stand before God, He will show you that I was telling the truth course you will probably know before then that His gift of tongues were never for private use.  I just hope in Him He will reveal that before the rapture event.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,871
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, LiveWire said:

Could be, but I believe in all of the Gifts of the Spirit, especially, Discernment.

When someone you don't really know is telling you about something you have no way to verify and you get that hollow feeling that you are most likely being lied to.   And sure enough, later down the road you discover it was all a lie.   That is Discernment.   And that Discernment happens in everything in life from simple daily routine to Spiritual Warfare.   You see, that is God telling me you are being lied to.   But it takes me to internally process this to become real and believable.   Once my mind is positive, I absolutely receive God's Favor in my life.

Now you are bringing something on the table for discussion...

It is about what you know and about how to process what you are exposed to...what you are doing that time you are invoking your own self...your maturity and how you have learned to process what you are exposed to..Paul said we have learn to process things according to the power that works in us.

About our selves guiding our selves...that involves our conscience and looking inside us and into ourselves. 

Looking for the agreement of our inner self. 

What Paul is talking about the gift of the Holy Spirit...

The Gift of Discerning the Spirits is a gift from the Holy Spirit that is given to those that it is given and resides within their selves...

And it seeks to guide us and teach us how to discern...

To discern what and how? 

Because people of all the world can learn to discern something from something else from a very young age..

The different kinds of trees are the different kinds of woods and their proper uses.

Now about the gift we talk about the gift of the Holy Spirit which a measure of it is given to all believers...

But we are talking about the measure of the gift given to someone from the Holy Spirit is abundance for the proposed of the Holy Spirit..

Which comes in different ways according to the needs of the specific situation. 

And it is often working with the word of knowledge..

In this situation the gift is ahead of "us"..letting us know about something we are facing with..which we cannot know or it is comunicated to us as something that is not as it appears to be.  

Is teaching us to mature and while we form our own understanding and it let us do that...for the proposed to see our selves...to learn how our selves reacts and process different situations and then the gift will come and show us something else..take us into a depper understanding...

Often the gift it works with us molding us to learn to discern together with the gift of the Holy Spirit we must see the gift operating in our lives...because it can operate with and without our knowledge...

This gift also it operates together with the prophetic word and the word of knowledge about what may happen in a particular situation...

Most often the believer needs to step out in faith in the leading of the gift...this is why the believer is going to learn how to distinguish the guidance of the gift which is actually the guidance of the Holy Spirit or the Lord through the gifts from all the other quidances who wish to quide him...

• Loved it! 1

3 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

How would you know that..

You can not say that...

You cannot say anything or comment about anything about them. What you can say it is that we are not given the very specifics about anything that happened that day...

Peter told them that the Holy Spirit it is for them also...

And if not that time Peter will follow on that and tell them more on a later day...

Because he promised them that the Holy Spirit it is for them also.

Luke who had written the Book of Acts as led by the Holy Spirit, was s[ecific about how when His disciples got saved that day, they all spoke in tongues of different languages.

Nowhere was it ever written that it was for private use as if explained by Peter for those that did not understand that tongue.

John 16:13 in all Bible versions testifies that the Holy Spirit cannot speak from Himself as if He can stop being the Spirit of Christ and say "Okay..  This is the Holy Spirit speaking now and not the Son nor the Father and so this is what I have to say.."

He speaks only what He hears.

The KJV and a few modern Bibles kept the truth in His words in Romans 8:26-27 that He cannot even utter His own groanings from Himself when He makes silent intercessions for each believer that He dwells in.

We are warned not to grieve the Holy Spirit in Ephesians 4:30 and if the Holy Spirit could utter His groanings and words of grievances from Himself, HE would be speaking every time we are sowing to the flesh or sinning.

Can you imagine this?  You are walking along and you see an attractive woman and suddenly you speak against your own accord and the Holy Spirit says OUT LOUD "Stop looking at that women in lusting after her!!  You are grieving me!!!"

So if the Holy Spirit cannot speak nor utter His grievances, then He cannot speak nor utter His own groanings from Himself even though He can be grieved.

That means the Holy Spirit is not going to turn God's gift of tongues for speaking unto the people in their native tongue AROUND for His own personal use in uttering His intercessions out loud in gibberish nonsense.  That would make God look confusing.

God wants you to pray normally so you know what you had prayed for to give the Father thanks in Jesus's name for answers to prayers.

Now who would like to get in the way of that in preventing you to do God's will to do his will instead?  It is not the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

@ChristB4us I think this sort of subject inevitably attracts a lot of comment from those who have already decided to speak in tongues, as the term is.......

1 hour ago, farouk said:

@ChristB4us I think this sort of subject inevitably attracts a lot of comment from those who have already decided to speak in tongues, as the term is.......

Well, I did not start this thread, but yeah, one can always hope as Paul did.

I believe Paul was addressing that kind of tongues for private use here for why he was exhorting believers to use the written scripture rather than use tongues for self edification.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

But yes, I do need the Lord's help in discerning when to let go & to even let go too. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,107
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

One can't help the feeling that some feel as if they need to defend a personal view for a gift they themselves may not even possess, and anyone who has the gift likely isn't ignorant of the ways they are free to use it. How many people does God endow a gift with no instruction on how to use it?

Sometimes I don't understand the veracity involved. I haven't reached the same conclusions as many and that's ok. We are all entitled to our own opinions on this issue.

If we use bible to make a point it needs to be rightly divided. Tongues is clearly one of the gifts. 

What I hear a lot is what can't be or shouldn't be done, when where and how, or else!. I am not denying there is wisdom in a lot of this, but sometimes I think we can take it too far, and for some reason speaking in tongues is hot button. 

So according to some , what CAN be done within the confines of what is seen to be acceptable? It depends on the view, but if I had the gift of tongues I would conclude I can do......pretty much nothing, and I really believe there is a place for it still.

• Praise God! 1

48 minutes ago, Starise said:

One can't help the feeling that some feel as if they need to defend a personal view for a gift they themselves may not even possess, and anyone who has the gift likely isn't ignorant of the ways they are free to use it. How many people does God endow a gift with no instruction on how to use it?

Sometimes I don't understand the veracity involved. I haven't reached the same conclusions as many and that's ok. We are all entitled to our own opinions on this issue.

If we use bible to make a point it needs to be rightly divided. Tongues is clearly one of the gifts. 

What I hear a lot is what can't be or shouldn't be done, when where and how, or else!. I am not denying there is wisdom in a lot of this, but sometimes I think we can take it too far, and for some reason speaking in tongues is hot button. 

So according to some , what CAN be done within the confines of what is seen to be acceptable? It depends on the view, but if I had the gift of tongues I would conclude I can do......pretty much nothing, and I really believe there is a place for it still.

Well, when I apply that we are to prove all things and abstain from all appearances of evil with the Lord's help...

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

And yet a supernatural tongue of gibberish nonsense has been found in the occult;

Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

And this has been prophesied about the believers & churches in these latter days;

1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Thessalonians 2:1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first,....

And that iniquity which causes that falling away from the faith was already at work in Paul's days;

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way....

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

And the lie is seeking the baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues ( Azusa Street Revival ) or by that sign of tongues which is not the gospel of Jesus Christ when seekers are seeking a sign at their salvation for why Paul gave us this reminder of the tradition taught of us that the sanctification of the Spirit and the belief of the truth comes about by the calling of the gospel in exposing that lie.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Matthew 12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Then He has rendered judgment by His words that this tongues for private use which is gibberish nonsense had existed before Pentecost for why abstaining from it is required to be found abiding in Him to avoid being left behind than utter the depths of Satan for which this tongue does speak for seeking to receive the Holy Spirit by a sign of that tongue.

John 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

Revelation 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. 20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works. 24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. 25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

So this is Christ's love to warn believers that use tongues for private use that it is not of Him at all when that kind of supernatural tongue has been found in the world as gibberish nonsense in the occult and Roman Idolatry.

The History of Tongues: Pagan Practices

Tongue speakers today would sometime condemn slain in the spirit, drunk in the spirit, and holy laughter movement as not of the Lord as God is not the author of confusion, but it was ALSO present at the Azusa Street Revival if one did research on it on the internet.

What is ironic is that because of the different modes of tongues for private use like supposedly the Holy Spirit is edifying you to the Holy Spirit praying for you, how can any one using tongues for private use know what that tongue is doing unless it is interpreted?  How is that not also a phenomenon of confusion which God is not the author of either?

Anyway, I understand the point of view that others have on tongues for private use and although it is not a salvation issue but an issue of being left behind since those left behind are still saved, I have shared my concern and the judgment from the Lord as a warning to believers that use tongues for private use to pause, pray about normally for an answer & discernment & hopefully repent before the Bridegroom comes and chase no more after the Holy Spirit for other signs.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  392
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, ChristB4us said:

I was following the make believe scenario suggested by @Starise who seem to think it was okay to pray in tongues like when you are on a camping trip by yourself, and applying scripture to that scenario as in if someone came upon said believer.

You only ever Speak in Tongues during when you are also Praying.

Not sure about you, but in my mind I am Praying and Meditating upon God all day while I am physically doing a multitude of things from work to entertainment/etc.

If I was on a camping trip I would be having God on my mind 24/7 for His protection.   Where I live it's a common issue to deal with black bear, mountain lion, coyote, wolves, a variety of potential Predators.   And I have to be in areas on my property that is easy accessible for these animals no matter what prevention's are kept.   I am always Praying and keeping God on my mind when I am in those areas + looking around for roaming critters.   There was a time when I was out there and saw 3 Black Bears within 30 feet of me.   My Prayers in my mind began getting more intense and serious.   For Bears, Wild Life Professionals will tell you to Do Not Run/Yell/Scream but stand still and be quiet.   Well, when you already Got Jesus on the mainline and you're on a Direct Call to Him when you meet Bears, pointing at the Bears and Speaking in Tongues and Command them to leave in the Name of Yeshua, actually worked for THREE BEARS.

I have so many experiences where Speaking in Tongues took place and good things followed that it is hard for me to believe you Know what You Are claiming about Speaking in Tongues!

Edited by LiveWire
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

28 minutes ago, LiveWire said:

You only ever Speak in Tongues during when you are also Praying.

Not sure about you, but in my mind I am Praying and Meditating upon God all day while I am physically doing a multitude of things from work to entertainment/etc.

If I was on a camping trip I would be having God on my mind 24/7 for His protection.   Where I live it's a common issue to deal with black bear, mountain lion, coyote, wolves, a variety of potential Predators.   And I have to be in areas on my property that is easy accessible for these animals no matter what prevention's are kept.   I am always Praying and keeping God on my mind when I am in those areas + looking around for roaming critters.   There was a time when I was out there and saw 3 Black Bears within 30 feet of me.   My Prayers in my mind began getting more intense and serious.   For Bears, Wild Life Professionals will tell you to Do Not Run/Yell/Scream but stand still and be quiet.   Well, when you already Got Jesus on the mainline and you're on a Direct Call to Him when you meet Bears, pointing at the Bears and Speaking in Tongues and Command them to leave in the Name of Yeshua, actually worked for THREE BEARS.

I have so many experiences where Speaking in Tongues took place and good things followed that it is hard for me to believe you Know what You Are claiming about Speaking in Tongues!

There are experiences and then there are scriptures speaking against tongues for private use.  It is obvious to me that experiences is making it difficult for tongues user for private use to see that meat in His words as reproving it as a work of darkness.

So, brother, I can only hope in the Lord Jesus Christ that He will reveal that to you soon to repent of it to pray normally before He comes as the Bridegroom.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,107
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

@ChristB4us There is such a thing as to peacefully agree to disagree. Not to imply a brother who does not see this the same way needs to "repent" or "confess" anything. 

You bring up many good points, mainly that we are to be careful and test the spirits. I don't see many of the references you gave as referring directly to only tongues. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1