• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

You are showing how desperate you are to believe something other than what the Word of God says.

Is there a scripture that states the Spirit of God is the Father? Or the Father is the Holy Spirit? Or even the Father and the Spirit are one?

Again...

Not only do the scriptures indicate distinction between the individuals (the Father and the Holy Spirit) by indicating one sent the other... the Spirit must also search the depths of God (1 Corinthians 2:10). ← if one and the same person / individual as you believe then you are making God out to be schizophrenic. 

You must have missed all the scripture i used to support my claim.

And thinking three persons live inside one person is what makes GOD out to be a schizophrenic.

You need to understand that GOD isn't three people or persons. Then you might begin to stop basing what is possible for GOD based on what is possible for creation.

Try studying within context as opposed to removing singular verses from context in order to attempt to support the traditions of man.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

UNDERSTANDING  THE  SPIRIT 

ISAIAH 11:1  and there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of jesse and a branch shall grow out of his roots 

--11:2--AND  THE  SPIRIT  OF  THE  LORD  SHALL REST  UPON  HIM  --THE  SPIRIT  OF  WISDOM  AND  UNDERSTANDING--THE  SPIRIT  OF  COUNSEL  AND  MIGHT--THE  SPIRIT  OF  KNOWLEDGE  AND  OF  THE  FEAR  OF  THE  LORD 

ISAIAH 30:1  woe to the rebellious children saith  THE  LORD  that take counsel but --BUT  NOT  OF  ME--and that cover with a covering --BUT  NOT  OF  MY  SPIRIT-- that they may add sin to sin

JOHN 1:32  and john bare record saying I saw the spirit descending from heaven like a dove and it abode upon  HIM  --1:33-- and I knew him not but  HE  that  sent  me to baptize with water the same said unto me upon whom thou shalt see the spirit descending and remaining on  HIM  --THE  SAME  IS  HE  WHICH  BAPTIZETH  WITH  THE  HOLY  SPIRIT

JOHN 3:5  JESUS  ANSWERED  VERILY  VERILY  I  SAY  UNTO  THEE  EXCEPT  A  MAN  BE  BORN  OF  WATER  AND  OF  THE  SPIRIT  HE  CANNOT  ENTER INTO  THE  KINGDOM  OF  GOD

1 PETER  1:22  SEEING  YOU  HAVE  PURIFIED  YOUR  SOULS  IN  OBEYING  THE  TRUTH  THROUGH  THE  SPIRIT  UNTO  UNFEIGNED  LOVE  OF  THE  BRETHREN  SEE  THAT  YOU  LOVE  ONE  ANOTHER  WITH  A  PURE  HEART  FERVENTLY 

1 PETER 1:24  BEING  BORN  AGAIN  NOT  OF  CORRUPTIBLE  SEED  BUT  OF  INCORRUPTIBLE  ---BY  THE  WORD  OF  GOD--- WHICH  LIVETH  AND  ABIDETH  FOR  EVER

JOHN 6:63  IT  IS  THE  SPIRIT  THAT  QUICKENETH  --THE  FLESH  PROFITETH  NOTHING -- THE  WORDS  THAT  I  SPEAK  UNTO  YOU  THEY  ARE  SPIRIT  AND  THEY  ARE  LIFE 

1 CORINTHIANS 10:1  moreover brethren I would not that you be ignorant how that all our fathers were under the cloud and all passed through the sea  --10:2-- and were baptized unto moses in the cloud and the sea  --10:3-- and did all eat the same spiritual meat 

--10:4-- AND  DID  ALL  DRINK  THE  SAME  SPIRITUAL  DRINK  FOR  THEY  DRANK  OF  THAT  SPIRITUAL  ROCK  THAT  FOLLOWED  THEM  -----AND  THAT  ROCK  WAS  CHRIST-----

ROMANS 8:11  but if the spirit of  HIM  that  raised  up  JESUS  from the dead  dwell in you  HE  that raised up  CHRIST  from the dead shall also --QUICKEN-- your mortal bodies by  HIS  spirit that dwelleth in you 

ACTS 13:29  and when they had fulfilled all that was written of  HIM  they took  HIM  down from the tree and laid  HIM  in a sepulchre 

--13:30--  BUT  GOD  RAISED  HIM  FROM  THE  DEAD

PSALM 119:107  I  AM  AFFLICTED  VERY  MUCH  QUICKEN  ME  O  LORD  ACCORDING  UNTO  THY  WORD 

JOHN 6:63  IT  IS  THE  SPIRIT  THAT  QUICKENETH  THE  FLESH  PROFITETH  NOTHING  THE  WORDS  THAT  I  SPEAK  UNTO  YOU  THEY ARE  SPIRIT  AND  THEY  ARE  LIFE 

MATTHEW 10:19  BUT  WHEN  THEY  DELIVER  YOU  UP  TAKE  NO  THOUGHT  HOW  OR  WHAT  YOU  SHALL  SPEAK  FOR  IT  SHALL  BE  GIVEN  YOU  IN  THAT  SAME  HOUR  WHAT  YOU  SHALL  SPEAK  

--10:20-- FOR  IT  IS  NOT  YOU  THAT  SPEAK  BUT  THE  SPIRIT  OF  YOUR  FATHER  WHICH  SPEAKETH  IN  YOU  

2 CORINTHIANS 5:5  NOW  HE  THAT  HATH  WROUGHT  US  FOR  THE  SELFSAME  THING  IS  GOD  WHO  ALSO  HATH  GIVEN  US  THE  EARNEST  OF  THE  SPIRIT 

PSALM 119:154  PLEAD  MY  CAUSE  AND  DELIVER  ME  QUICKEN  ME  ACCORDING  TO  THY  WORD 

LUKE 11:13  IF  YOU  THEN  BEING  EVIL  KNOW  HOW  TO  GIVE  GOOD  GIFTS  UNTO  YOUR  CHILDREN  HOW  MUCH  MORE  SHALL  YOUR  HEAVENLY  FATHER  GIVE  THE  HOLY  SPIRIT  TO  THEM ----THAT  ASK  HIM----

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, JohnD said:

Because of your inability to accept what the Bible actually states, you not only do not know God but you do not know in the Godhead who did what.

Rather it is you that cannot read the scriptures that reveal the two persons of the Godhead - the Father and the Son - with the Holy Spirit being the power of God working in this world through the Son > creation, judgement, the Garden, the Patriarchs, Israel, Moses and the Law, the prophets, the gospel ministry, and finally the Spirit-filled church > the body of Christ. 

God the Son has come into the world in numerous visible forms to interact with His creation, while God the Father would appear to remain in the Heavens and interact with the world through the Son (Yahweh) by his Spirit.

As Christians we pray to our Father in Heaven and to Christ Jesus, but we do not pray to the Holy Spirit, nor ask for the Holy Spirit to intercede for us.

John 4:23  But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. 
24  God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Ephesians 2:18  For through him [Jesus] we both have access in one Spirit to the Father.

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

Acts 13:2 (NASB95)
2 While they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.”

"for Me" refers to Jesus not for the Holy Spirit 

Acts 9:15  But the Lord [Jesus]said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel. 
16  For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name.” 

Christians are disciples of Christ Jesus and the gospel not disciples of the Holy Spirit, not praying to the Holy Spirit.

But some of us are imbued with the power and truth of the Holy Spirit to be disciples unto God.

4233c.jpg.c90e1eb374a0592829f769f103ca41c5.jpg

Edited by Waggles

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

Sigh. Once again:

Acts 13:2 (NASB95)
2 While they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.”

Yet you don't think the Holy Spirit of GOD is GOD, or the Spirit of GOD?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,657
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

1 minute ago, popsthebuilder said:

Yet you don't think the Holy Spirit of GOD is GOD, or the Spirit of GOD?

I never said the Holy Spirit is not God.

He is most certainly God. In fact I point this out often citing Acts 5:3-4.

Acts 5:3–4 (NASB95)
3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land?
4 “While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.

On 2/8/2021 at 6:20 PM, JohnD said:

I never said the Holy Spirit is not God.

He is most certainly God. In fact I point this out often citing Acts 5:3-4.

Acts 5:3–4 (NASB95)
3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land?
4 “While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.

I stand corrected.

You implied that the Holy Spirit of GOD is not the Spirit of GOD.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,657
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Once again, for those who are not blinded by their extrabiblical beliefs that are untrue which they impose upon scripture.

There is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4 / Isaiah 43:10-11 /  Isaiah 45:2 / Isaiah 46:9 / Joel 2:27 / 1 Timothy 2:5 / James 2:19).

John 1:1–2 (NASB95)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was WITH God, and the Word WAS God.
2 He was in the beginning WITH God.

1 John 1:1–2 (NASB95)
1 What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life
2 and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was WITH the Father and was manifested to us—

Genesis 1:1–2 (NASB95)
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

The Spirit of God is not the Father since the Father SENT him into the world:

John 14:26 (NASB95)
26 “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

The Holy Spirit is an Individual (a person) with individuality and personality.

He can be lied to (Acts 5:3-4).  ← notice this passage claims the Holy Spirit is God.

He can make choices, speech, and commands (Acts 13:2).

He wrote the Bible (2 Peter 1:21). ← and leads us to all truth (John 16:13)

16 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Once again, for those who are not blinded by their extrabiblical beliefs that are untrue which they impose upon scripture.

There is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4 / Isaiah 43:10-11 /  Isaiah 45:2 / Isaiah 46:9 / Joel 2:27 / 1 Timothy 2:5 / James 2:19).

John 1:1–2 (NASB95)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was WITH God, and the Word WAS God.
2 He was in the beginning WITH God.

1 John 1:1–2 (NASB95)
1 What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life
2 and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was WITH the Father and was manifested to us—

Genesis 1:1–2 (NASB95)
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

The Spirit of God is not the Father since the Father SENT him into the world:

John 14:26 (NASB95)
26 “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

The Holy Spirit is an Individual (a person) with individuality and personality.

He can be lied to (Acts 5:3-4).  ← notice this passage claims the Holy Spirit is God.

He can make choices, speech, and commands (Acts 13:2).

He wrote the Bible (2 Peter 1:21). ← and leads us to all truth (John 16:13)

Once again; you pretend as if GOD isn't capable of sending HIS Spirit. Need scriptural support for that one.