The Journey

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

arsMoscow - The deadly pneumonia that has killed more than 100 people around the world may be a man-made biological weapon, Russian experts said on Friday.

Nikolai Filatov, head of Moscow's epidemiological services, told the Gazeta daily that he thought the pneumonia was man-made because "there is no vaccine for this virus, its make-up is unclear, it has not been very widespread and the population is not immune to it."

Yet he had some reservations, since the virus has a low mortality rate - so far killing 4% of those infected -, and because it is relatively difficult to pass on - through direct contact or inhalation.

The virus, according to academy of medecine member Sergei Kolesnikov, is a cocktail of mumps and measles, whose mix could never appear in nature.

"We can only get that in a laboratory," he told a conference in the Siberian city of Irkutsk, quoted by RIA Novosti news agency.

It may have spread because of an "accidental leak" from a lab, he added.

More than 100 people have died and some 3 000 others have been infected by Severe acute respiratory syndrome (Sars), which is believed to have originated in China's southern Guangdong province.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Hmmmm Angel,

I'm not sure about that.  There are loads of viruses out there that would fit his definition.  A much more likely explanation is that travel brings viruses indigenous to a particular population to the rest of the world.  The story is getting a lot of press but is killing less than some past flu bugs.

- Dr. Steve

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Yeah but.............

...many who die from the flu are sick with a previous illness or infection, with influenza as a secondary infection ,

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Dearest Cat,

Yeah but.....

We get lots of reports liek this from Asian and underdeveloped countries.  This one just happended to board a plane.

- Steve

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Dr Steve,

All those things sure sound like end time pestilences don't you think?

I'm so glad that the Lord is in my life....He is the only One who can protect me from all of this!!

I wonder of all the cases of sars really get diagnosed becaue how can you know if they don't xray your lungs?

Love in Christ,Angels :hmmm:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Journey:

I agree with you that it's curious that this one is getting so much press, when really the number of fatalities is not that alarming.  There's a lot of other much worse stuff out there, populations in India die in large numbers from diptheria, typhoid and other waterborne illnesses, for example.

This one happens to be travelling, that is how prophecy about pestiliences will be fulfilled.