IGNORED

Does anyone know what the double slit experiment is? It might be pointing out that there is something greater than us.

pittsburghjoe

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, I should burn for suggesting God created the universe spiritually first ..even when "physical" isn't used anywhere.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Corinthians 5%3A21&version=ESV

2 Corinthians 5:21

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

When it says "to be sin", could it mean physical?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,028
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

54 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Corinthians 5%3A21&version=ESV

2 Corinthians 5:21

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

When it says "to be sin", could it mean physical?

No, because He became ALL that is unrighteous for the purpose of taking it away, removing it from the account of whosoever will believe in Him.

ALL that is unrighteous in this reality of the fallen.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,028
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

6 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

ALL that is unrighteous in this reality of the fallen.

All unrighteousness anywhere.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.59

3 hours ago, pittsburghjoe said:

This is all very pointless for Christians as they already believe. I'm trying to get feedback on it before taking it to the unbelievers. Anything that wakes them up is welcome.

Why not just share a testimony of what Jesus Christ has done in your life?   That's what God has been leading Christians to do for the better part of two millennia now.  It's a tried and true method.    There's nothing here that is going to revolutionize evangelism, but rather will more likely distract away from sharing Christ.

I gave a serious look at the quantumcreation site as well as your past posts on other sites such as the the scienceforum one.  The reception these type of ideas received there is probably fairly indicative of how effective this will be as a tool of evangelism.  The quantumcreation site is put together by a person with a degree in psychology (according to his LinkedIn profile) not the hard sciences.  He gave a couple nice analogies that I am going to remember, but that's all they are.  They are not proof of God's existence nor some of His traits.  

In my opinion, the most important thing is not letting stuff like this become a distraction away from the gospel and growing in Christ.  I spent a career in R&D and as an applied scientist.  I am curious and love new ideas.  That's why I spent the time looking at this.   I've successfully challenged the status quo and existing practices on various occasions.   But what I learned is that for each time I successfully did this, I probably had a dozen ideas that didn't pan out as I studied them further.  I've learned to critically examine new ideas to separate the gems from the rocks.   When other people do suggest new ideas, I'm willing to listen and evaluate them.  If there was something here, I'd be an enthusiastic supporter.   However, I think that the quest to try to convince people that the fall was from a spiritual realm to a physical one so that a dubious connection between quantum mechanics and the spiritual realm will prove God exists is futile.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

I support the God is Light guy, but that isn't me personally. You can find me making Atheist's mad here 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

I have absolutely no idea what any of that's supposed to mean.

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.59

49 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

I support the God is Light guy, but that isn't me personally. You can find me making Atheist's mad here

I skimmed the thread.  They weren't mad.  They mostly seemed to be a combination of puzzled, annoyed, and amused.   Most didn't seem to take it seriously.   The general tone I picked up on was mostly a combination of raised eyebrows and laughs.   I think the one who said something like not being able to tell if it was preaching, ignorance, or trolling summed up the general reaction. 

Focusing on  spiritual/physical dualism via a superficial understanding and description of quantum mechanics as the important thing to believe is distracting away from the person of Jesus Christ.   Putting most of one's focus on presenting a belief that sits on the fringes of Christianity and is close to some old gnostic heresies is not helpful.  This is not an effective way of doing evangelism and is probably counterproductive.

The original work at quantumcreation contains a few nice analogies from quantum mechanics about things such as omniscience and omnipotence.  I may use those myself someday.  But that is all they are, analogies.  Pushing analogies past their breaking point and trying to explain them as being literal descriptions of reality accomplishes nothing except to lose credibility with one's listeners.  One of the most important things any Christian has is their credibility.  It's what gives people confidence in what we are saying.  If we lose credibility, people have little confidence in what we are saying.

I've been down dead end paths myself.  It's why I'm taking the time to respond to this thread.  This is a dead end that's not going to bear much fruit.  There are much more fruitful ways to present the gospel and much more fruitful things to spend time studying.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61

The gospel message is simple and unbelievers find it foolish because it doesn't agree with their philosophy and what sounds wise to them. God saw to it that we humans would never find him through brilliance, and worldly philosophy but through believing His message of the gospel. This so-called “foolish” plan of God is far wiser than the wisest plan of the wisest man, and God in his weakness; Christ dying on the cross, is far stronger than any man. He used Christ’s blood and our faith as the means of saving us from his wrath.

We don't need to share the gospel with profound words and high-sounding ideas, nor do we need to change the gospel message to suit to the tastes of our hearers. Such things dilute the mighty power there is in the simple message of the cross of Christ to save all who believe it.

• Thumbs Up 1