IGNORED

CAN YOU LOSE YOUR SALVATION IF YOU DON’T ‘Hold Firmly’?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,305
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

13 hours ago, clancy said:

For a start, I don’t believe God worries.?

He certainly has his grip on me....i was also saved...and had the Spirit testify to my spirit that I’m his child.

No disrespect DeighAnn ..your version of the Lord becoming our life, yes.....it’s all like that on first being saved.

its like we’re on honeymoon..........then reality hits after a while.....we are God’s children, we need to be disciplined, we still have the flesh where we are in constant battle with the spirit..I also remember it like this...my will against God’s will....well we all know who will win that battle and it sure wasn’t me.....I’m now in line with God’s will, not my own...He also got me to that place of submission,I did not get there by myself .....it’s a journey with God...it’s not a fairytale....He brings us through with the power of the Holy Spirit that indwells us, that is a hard path to follow....so for me personally,Jesus keeps me on his path...I do not keep    myself.....the amount of times I have cried out to my Father and told him I’ve had enough I can’t do this....I need the Holy Spirit to help me through this Lord I am completely dependent on you....it may not happen straight away, but he hears my cries....” He” picks me up and off we go again on that path....

Its a lot easier now after 30 yrs of being led by him.....but I remember those days of unbearable pain, having my heart broken....I was an unruly child......but he sure got me and keeps me in line now.

Praise His  Holy Name !...??

We we are all on our “ OWN” personal journey with the Lord each and everyone of us.

Beautifully expressed, sister. When I write about the years I spent as a bonehead the above says it all. Who created me? Who knows the secrets of my heart? Who is Almighty?

The Lord. Of course He knew exactly how to shatter my thick skull and bring me low, to that place where He desired me to be. Men only possess so much power in themselves, but there is no one like God. There is no denying His will and purpose. Like you, I know this from experience. :)   

Edited by Marathoner
typo

1 hour ago, DeighAnn said:

YES, but have you heard one?  I am all ears.  That heroin seems to capture them from the first moment and their lives change from that moment on.    I found that to be as close a description to what I experienced when I sat down and got into the Word.  It literally took over my entire being as all I wanted, needed, thought about, spent my time on, the whole nine yards.  This world almost disappeared.  

So help me out, PLEASE because I know how terrible it sounds.  

Hmm. How about this:

For all of your days, you dined upon morsels in the darkness believing this was a feast in the sunshine until the day arrived when One came to you, and in His mercy removed the scales from your eyes so you might see. 

The glare of the day blinded you for a little while and when you could focus your eyes at last, the One who gave you sight pointed to the feast before you and said, Eat, for now you will never hunger. He gave you water and said, Drink, for you will never thirst. 

All that time, you thought crumbs and a sip of water were a meal! 

Not sure if that serves the purpose or not, but it's better than the other one. ;) 

Edited by Marathoner
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, DeighAnn said:

I believe that WE are going to be held responsible and judged for who we are, how we labored (which includes everything), and how we allowed the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us which brings about all the promises of God in our lives. (the rest of the scriptures given)

Writing to the saints of the Spirit-filled church Paul has this warning for us to take heed of:

Romans 8:12 So then, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh - 13 for if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live. 14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

encouragement, exhortation to get it right and to walk the walk in order to stay on course and to finish the race 

so to answer the OP yes you can lose your salvation if you do not hold on firmly (remain true and faithful). 

1Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labour is not in vain.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

Hmm. How about this:

For all of your days, you dined upon morsels in the darkness believing this was a feast in the sunshine until the day arrived when One came to you, and in His mercy removed the scales from your eyes so you might see. 

The glare of the day blinded you for a little while and when you could focus your eyes at last, the One who gave you sight pointed to the feast before you and said, Eat, for now you will never hunger. He gave you water and said, Drink, for you will never thirst. 

All that time, you thought crumbs and a sip of water were a meal! 

Not sure if that serves the purpose or not, but it's better than the other one. ;) 

Definitely better sounding than the other one!!!  Thank you

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Waggles said:

Writing to the saints of the Spirit-filled church Paul has this warning for us to take heed of:

Romans 8:12 So then, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh - 13 for if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live. 14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

encouragement, exhortation to get it right and to walk the walk in order to stay on course and to finish the race 

so to answer the OP yes you can lose your salvation if you do not hold on firmly (remain true and faithful). 

1Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labour is not in vain.

Yes, the Holy Spirit leads and guides but doesn't 'take over, leaving us with no will of our own and assumes all responsibility', imho. 

The Lord teaches us and He even disciplines us... how this translates into no responsibility nor participation on our part in the minds of some mystifies me. Has it not been written countless times on this forum just as it appears in the scriptures? Salvation is the gift of God and not of our works, so we might boast

He is who is blind cannot see and for those who cry out to Christ for vision, will He then reward the petitioner with blindness? Jesus Christ saves us and thus we are relocated into Him and because we are the work of His hand, He keeps us in His hand. Nothing can take us out of His hand. 

We left milk for meat yet some insist upon remaining with the milk. Arguing ceaselessly about doctrines of baptisms and salvation is pointless and more than a little confusing to babes who are only beginning their walk with the Lord. It edifies no one, my friends. 

I stumbled, I fell, and in the eyes of those who debate baptisms and salvation, I lost my salvation... and so the Lord proved them all wrong for this salvation was never mine to begin with. Yes, I stand by the power of the Lord who lifted me up from ruin and a certain death. It was His good pleasure to give His life to me and for me, so I might live for Jesus Christ each and every day until my appointed time comes. 

I broke the rules set forth by those who deem themselves equal to God, but then they are not my judges, are they? No, they are not. The Lord is my Judge and He said, I will restore that which was taken from you, which was fulfilled in a manner pleasing to Him. When I cried out to the Lord to destroy me, what did He say?

You will never taste death. I will raise you up, and you will dwell in the House of the Lord forever. 

I don't understand those who believe the will of man is equivalent to the will and purpose of Almighty God.  We who belong to the Lord are changed by His Spirit from glory to glory. 

Edited by Marathoner

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

I stumbled, I fell, and in the eyes of those who debate baptisms and salvation, I lost my salvation... and so the Lord proved them all wrong for this salvation was never mine to begin with. Yes, I stand by the power of the Lord who lifted me up from ruin and a certain death.

If you never lost your salvation when you departed from faith then how is it that Jesus lifted you up [rescued] from ruin and certain death. 

What saved the prodigal son again? He repented and came to his senses and returned back to his Father seeking forgiveness. 

Edited by Waggles

Guest clancy
10 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Will you end up being one or the other depending on how well the Holy Spirit worked or didn't work within you?  Is the outcome out of your hands?  Will the Lord be judging how well HE DID or how well you worked with Him in His leading and guidance?  Cause I don't see Him judging Himself 14 billion times over.  

We are given commands to follow.  We can believe either We do and He helps us or  He does and we do nothing. 

If you believe He does it all, how will IT feel,  if indeed, you turn out to be a wooden vessel of dishonor for all eternity?   I don't know how one could reckon that as 'JUST'. 

Our works are the only thing that follows us.  Are they ours or are they His?  If they are His then what is the point of us?  I believe God created us for His pleasure, not for Him to see how well He can please Himself through us. 

But that is just my belief and I understand we believe differently from each other.  I have had others try to explain to me the 'HE DOES IT ALL' and I don't understand that approach at all.   But who knows, I may be the one to walk away a crispy critter, but I rest assure in that I am going to have all my scriptures all in a row to back it all up and I will also have put in many many hours pondering it.  

All Glory and Thanks be to the Lord Almighty!!! 

Deigh Ann said.

Will I end up being one or the other depending on how the Holy Spirit worked or didn’t work within In you?

Is the outcome out of your hands.

Will the Lord be judging how well he did.or how well I worked with him in his leading and guidance 

cause i don’t see him judging himself  14 billion times over.

Clancy replied.

Where is this pattern of thought coming from?

How did you get to this assumption through reading my post?

I believe You are actually talking in the flesh in that sentence....in other words “YOU” ....

Clancy reply.

Of course I have to do my bit, did you actually fully read my post....about crying out to the Father?. I said he keeps His grip on me, anything of the Fathers “ WILL”  I do.....is the Holy Spirit “ EMPOWERING “ me to do His “WILL” ..that’s right he does everything through me. “ HE EMPOWERS “ me...as the Holy Spirit indwells me.....I am His child who is being used for His purpose and plan....I just follow in Obedience.......... you said the opposite...so who keeps you on the right path?

Why do you think he uses me for His purpose and plan?

Or don’t you think/ believe he uses us for His purpose and plan?

Who keeps the grip on you....is it yourself?

Who does the Will of the Father.....You or the Father?.....Does He Bring  you to  a place of doing His Will......or do you bring “ yourself “ to that place?

Do you keep God’s commandments every  day?

What I’m trying to say I believe is......I can’t do anything that God asks me to do in my own strength, I have/ must wait on him....when I do that everything fits like a glove, it’s all in God’s timing,I cannot rush him, when I finally accepted that, which believe me took a while, you just know that you know that he is leading you and you know when you are leading yourself, don’t forget this has taken 30 yrs to develop this close walking relationship with God, it didn’t  happen straight away once I was saved.

Deigh Ann said.

our works are the only works that follow us? Are they ours or are they His, If they are His then what is the point of us.

I believe God created us for his pleasure ,not for him to see how  well He can please Himself through us.

Scripture posted by Clancy for Deigh Ann after reading what she said above.

PHILIPPIANS.2:13.

for it is God who works in you to Will and to act according to his good purpose.

clancy reply.

our works mean nothing without first receiving Faith, only then can we please our Father, we have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, who “ EMPOWERS “ us for good works, we don’t “ EMPOWER “ourselves. how would we do that Deighton Ann?

I believe when I was saved, God will use my own saving for His Own purpose and plan....not mine....I am no longer the person I was  because I am a new creation in Him....the old has gone, the new has arrived in Jesus Name....not in my name.

After my saving I am to Glorify my Lord Jesus, not myself....I am a vessel of the Most High to use me as he so pleases..

When I was saved I “ rejoiced” so much because of what I had received....which was/ indwelling of the Holy Spirit......I was telling everyone how I had been saved by God....I was ecstatic.....my family unfortunately thought I had lost the plot.

We are to Glorify God after salvation....He gets all of the  Glory, because he is the One “ Who Works In And Through Us”....we are the ones who have had their sins forgiven by God....

Edited by clancy

9 hours ago, Waggles said:

If you never lost your salvation when you departed from faith then how is it that Jesus lifted you up [rescued] from ruin and certain death. 

What saved the prodigal son again? He repented and came to his senses and returned back to his Father seeking forgiveness. 

You're mistaken just like those who judged me, my friend. You make assumptions without knowledge like the friends of Job did, assuming that what befell me was a curse or the consequence of sin, but it was neither. I was young and so I believed those who judged me in their flesh according to their own understanding. It was the source of great suffering. 

I never said I fell away from the Lord, they did. There was much for me to learn on a very long road. It was so the power of God might be displayed in me to the glory of Jesus Christ.

At no time did I lose that which the Lord had given to me. The testimony of the scriptures exhorts us to trust in the Lord and lean not to our own understanding, not trust in ourselves because we think have the Lord all figured out. God is not a man nor is He like man. 

The prodigal never stopped being his father's son. What did his father say to him upon his return? Like Josh, I await scripture which furnishes us with an example of one who is snatched from the hand of Jesus Christ who said,

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. I and My Father are one.” (John 10:27-30 NKJV)

I believe the Lord. 

Edited by Marathoner
typos

Guest clancy
10 hours ago, Waggles said:

He never said he lost his salvation.or that he fell away,

You’re the one saying that..from what I read..not nice brother.

Edited by clancy