• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, Peterlag said:

You or someone brought it up. Not me. Someone said maybe too many on here are still on the milk. I simply said hey that's an idea. Maybe what I teach is over their head since I am an advanced teacher. Now you can say I have a fat head all you want. But I'm still an advanced teacher and there are still many new thinking Christians on here.

I didn't bring it up Peter, otherwise, would that not place me as a hypocrite?  I was responding to your post in context to the title of this thread.  Romans 12:3 puts it nicely.

For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,069
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

PROVERBS 4:19  THE  WAY  OF  THE  WICKED  IS  AS  DARKNESS  THEY  KNOW  NOT  AT  WHAT  THEY  STUMBLE

IS  DISOBEDIENCE  WALKING  IN  THE  SPIRIT 

1 CORINTHIANS 11:1  be you followers of me even as I also am of  CHRIST

1 JOHN 2:6  he that saith he abideth in  HIM  ought himself also so to walk even as  HE  walked 

JOHN 8:25  then they said unto  HIM  who art thou and  JESUS  saith unto them even the same that I said unto you from the beginning 

--8:26-- I  HAVE  MANY  THINGS  TO  SAY  AND  TO  JUDGE  OF  YOU  BUT  HE  THAT  SENT  ME  IS  TRUE  AND ---I  SPEAK  TO  THE  WORLD  THOSE  THINGS  WHICH  I  HAVE  HEARD  OF  HIM---

--8:27-- they understood not -- that  HE  spake to them of --THE  FATHER--

1 CORINTHIANS 1:10  now I beseech you brethren by the name of our --LORD  JESUS  CHRIST-- that you all -----SPEAK  THE  SAME  THING-----and that there be no divisions among you but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement

EZEKIEL 13:3  THUS  SAITH  THE  LORD  GOD  WOE  UNTO THE  FOOLISH  PROPHETS  THAT  FOLLOW  THEIR  OWN  SPIRIT  --AND  HAVE  SEEN  NOTHING--

PHILIPPIANS 2:21  FOR  ALL  SEEK  THEIR  OWN  NOT  THE  THINGS  WHICH  ARE  JESUS  CHRISTS 

PHILIPPIANS 1:19  for I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer and the supply of the spirit -- OF  JESUS  CHRIST --

JOHN 6:63  it is the spirit that quickeneth ---THE  FLESH  PROFITETH  NOTHING--- THE  WORDS  THAT  I  SPEAK  UNTO  YOU  THEY  ARE  SPIRIT  AND  THEY  ARE  LIFE

JOHN 5:21  FOR  AS  THE  FATHER  RAISETH  UP  THE  DEAD  AND  QUICKENETH  THEM  EVEN  SO  THE  SON  QUICKENETH  WHOM  HE  WILL 

PSALM 119:25  MY  SOUL  CLEAVETH  UNTO  THE  DUST  QUICKEN  THOU  ME  ACCORDING  TO  THY  WORD 

1 CORINTHIANS 15:45  AND  SO  IT  IS  WRITTEN  THE  FIRST  MAN  ADAM  WAS  MADE  A  LIVING  SOUL  THE  LAST  ADAM  WAS  MADE  A  --QUICKENING  SPIRIT--

--15:46  howbeit that was not first which is spiritual but that which is natural and afterward that which is spiritual

*******15:47 -- THE  FIRST  MAN  IS  OF  THE  EARTH  EARTHY  THE  SECOND  MAN  IS  ---THE  LORD  FROM  HEAVEN*******

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

18 hours ago, Peterlag said:

You or someone brought it up. Not me. Someone said maybe too many on here are still on the milk. I simply said hey that's an idea. Maybe what I teach is over their head since I am an advanced teacher. Now you can say I have a fat head all you want. But I'm still an advanced teacher and there are still many new thinking Christians on here.

Im sorry, but what do you do with scripture saying to call no man teacher? Surely that includes self right? Thanks.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,069
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

PSALM 56:5  EVERY  DAY  THEY  WREST  MY  WORDS  ALL THEIR  THOUGHTS  ARE  AGAINST  ME  FOR  EVIL

GENESIS 1:2  and the earth was without form and void and darkness was on the face of the deep and --THE  SPIRIT  OF  GOD-- moved upon the face of the waters 

PSALM 29:3  the voice of  THE LORD  is upon the waters the  GOD  of glory thundereth  ---THE  LORD  IS  UPON  MANY  WATERS---

HEBREWS 10:22  let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed in --PURE  WATER--

EPHESIANS 5:25  husbands love your wives even as  CHRIST  loved the church --AND  GAVE  HIMSELF  FOR  IT 

---5:26--- THAT  HE  MIGHT  --SANCTIFY--  AND  CLEANSE  IT  WITH  THE  WASHING  OF  WATER  --BY  THE  WORD--

HEBREWS 13:12  wherefore  JESUS  also that  HE  might sanctify the people with  HIS  own  blood suffered without the gate 

HEBREWS 10:29  of how much sorer --punishment-- suppose you shall he be thought worthy who hath trodden under foot --THE  SON  OF  GOD--and hath counted the blood of the covenant ---WHEREWITH  HE  WAS  SANCTIFIED--- an unholy thing and hath done despite unto the --SPIRIT  OF  GRACE-- 

ACTS 20:32  and now brethren I commend you to  GOD  and to the word of  HIS  grace which is able to build you up and to give you an inheritance among them which are --SANCTIFIED--

1 CORINTHIANS 1:2  UNTO  THE  CHURCH  OF  GOD  WHICH  IS  AT  CORINTH  TO  THEM  THAT  ARE  SANCTIFIED  IN  CHRIST  JESUS  CALLED  TO  BE  SAINTS  WITH  ALL  THAT  IN  EVERY  PLACE  CALL  UPON  THE  NAME  OF  JESUS  CHRIST  OUR  LORD  BOTH  THERES  AND  OURS 

--1:3--  GRACE  BE  UNTO  YOU  AND  PEACE  FROM  GOD  OUR  FATHER  AND  FROM  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

JOHN 17:17  SANCTIFY  THEM  THROUGH  THY  TRUTH  THY  WORD  IS  TRUTH

1 CORINTHIANS 1:27  but  GOD hath chosen the foolish things of the world to --confound the things which are mighty  --1:28-- and base things of the world and things which are despised hath  GOD  chosen yea and things which are not to bring to nought things that are --1:29-- THAT  NO  FLESH  SHOULD  GLORY  IN  HIS  PRESENCE 

--1:30--BUT  OF  HIM  ARE  YOU  IN  CHRIST  JESUS  WHO  OF  GOD  IS  MADE  UNTO  US  --WISDOM--AND  RIGHTEOUSNESS--AND  SANCTIFICATION--AND  REDEMPTION-- 

--1:31-- THAT  ACCORDING  AS  IT  IS  WRITTEN  HE  THAT  GLORIETH  LET  HIM  GLORY  IN  THE  LORD 

HEBREWS 2:11  FOR  BOTH  HE  THAT  SANCTIFIETH  AND  THEY  WHO  ARE  SANCTIFIED  ARE  ALL  OF  ONE  FOR  WHICH  CAUSE  HE  IS  NOT  ASHAMED  TO  CALL  THEM  BRETHREN 

HEBREWS 10:14  FOR  BY  ONE  OFFERING  HE  HATH  PERFECTED FOR EVER  THEM  THAT  ARE  SANCTIFIED 

JOHN 17:19  AND  FOR  THEIR  SAKES  I  SANCTIFY  MYSELF  THAT  THEY  ALSO  MIGHT  BE  SANCTIFIED  THROUGH  THE  TRUTH

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

On 2/2/2021 at 8:45 PM, Paul James said:

This is what developmental sanctification is all about.

I have never heard the term "developmental sanctification," it sounds like something someone made up while trying to make a name for himself...

There are two forms of holiness...the imputed holiness of Christ to our account, and our daily walk with God in practicing being holy (set apart unto God for His purposes). While our personal practice can be thought of as "progressive" I would have a hard time calling it developmental.

On 2/3/2021 at 7:22 AM, Josheb said:

Then I encourage you to read the last half of Romans 11 and on through the first half of Romans 12 and remember God's work in us and our collaborative work with God are not mutually exclusive conditions.

The "last half of Romans 11" (11:25-36?) regards Israel, not people in general...and I agree, our "work" and that which God does within the believer are not mutually exclusive, which is what I read in the passage. God does certain works in us AS we are doing what we are supposed to be doing...but all of His works that He does in us are not mediated in us like that.

On 2/3/2021 at 7:33 AM, steve morrow said:

IS  DISOBEDIENCE  WALKING  IN  THE  SPIRIT  

ACTS 1:1  the former treatise have I made O theophilus of all that  JESUS  began both to do and teach  --1:2-- until the the day in which  HE  was taken up after that  HE  through the holy spirit had given commandments unto the apostles whom  HE  had chosen 

JOHN 12:49  FOR  I  HAVE  NOT  SPOKEN  OF  MYSELF  BUT  --THE  FATHER--  WHICH  SENT  ME  HE  GAVE  ME  A  COMMANDMENT WHAT ---I  SHOULD  SAY  AND  WHAT  I  SHOULD  SPEAK---

--12:50  AND  I  KNOW  THAT  HIS  COMMANDMENT  IS  LIFE  EVERLASTING  --- WHATSOEVER  I  SPEAK --- THEREFORE --- EVEN  AS  THE  FATHER  SAID  UNTO  ME  SO  I  SPEAK

JOHN 3:35  THE  FATHER  LOVETH  THE  SON  AND  HATH  GIVEN  ALL  THINGS  INTO  HIS  HAND  

JOHN 6:63  it is the spirit that quickeneth --THE  FLESH  PROFITETH  NOTHING-- the words that I speak unto you they are spirit and they are life 

1 CORINTHIANS 8:5  for though there be that are called gods whether in heaven or in earth as there be gods many and lords many  --8:6-- BUT  TO  US -- there is but one --GOD  THE  FATHER--of whom are all things and we in  HIM  and one --LORD  JESUS  CHRIST-- by whom are all things and we by  HIM

HEBREWS 2:8  thou hast put all things in subjection under  HIS  feet for in that  HE  put all in subjection under  HIM  HE  left --NO  THING-- that is not put under  HIM  but now we see not yet all things put under  HIM

2 THESSALONIANS 2:8  AND  THEN  SHALL  THAT  WICKED  BE  REVEALED  WHOM  THE  LORD  SHALL  CONSUME  WITH  --THE  SPIRIT  OF  HIS  MOUTH-- AND  SHALL  DESTROY  WITH  THE  BRIGHTNESS  OF  HIS  COMING 

1 TIMOTHY 2:5  FOR  THERE  IS  ONE  GOD  AND --ONE  MEDIATOR-- BETWEEN  GOD  AND  MEN  -----THE  MAN  JESUS  CHRIST-----

I'm not sure who you are addressing, or what all of these passages have to do with the OP...

On 2/3/2021 at 10:41 AM, Peterlag said:

I see the "sin nature" as something that existed before Jesus Christ destroyed it when the spirit of Christ came within the believer. This spirit is indeed a life form that is in all Christians and it seems to me one cannot understand and therefore function or be in the spirit if our old nature (which is dead) thinks in it's unrenewed mind that it suppose to be fighting against the new nature. Paul wrote in Galatians 2:20, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:" That's what I'm talking about. I now understand being in Christ is being in the spirit and neither of them (in Christ or in the spirit) has anything to do with the darn flesh. It now seems perfectly clear to walk in the spirit is the same as putting on the Lord Jesus Christ.

There's just one major problem with how you are looking at it, IF the sin nature has been completely destroyed in the believer, then we would no longer be pushed by the flesh into sinful behavior...real world experience dictates that what you are claiming here (along with Scripture) is in error. If the believer has no sin nature...then he is literally dead and in the grave, because the sin nature is part and parcel of the human physical body. The sin nature resides in the flesh...

That being said, all of Paul's admonitions to stop doing the sins of the flesh would be lies or deception if what you believe here was true.

On 2/3/2021 at 10:45 AM, Peterlag said:

And so in my mind the 4 verses below fit perfectly. Every single person I know has told me about Romans 7 when I tell them I do not believe Paul taught about a "sin nature" for the Christian. What Paul talks about in the seventh chapter of Romans is what occurs to the believer who still thinks the Law applies to them. They end up spiritually dying by the commandment and realize that the commandment does not produce life. The war is with their flesh because they are still believing the Law has power over them. In the eighth chapter of Romans is where it explains how we overcome this whole issue by living in the spirit and being dead to the Law. We cannot live by faith in what Christ has done for us and still think our obedience to written laws are necessary. To do so takes away from the perfect work of Christ and places salvation and righteousness back in our own hands.

What do you do with the Law of Christ? It is written in the NT Scriptures, therefor it is written. If you think that you are not amendable to the Law of Christ, then you are deceiving yourself right out of Christ according to both Paul and James. Because if you are not walking in obedience to the Law of Christ, then you are not in Christ...that is what the Holy Spirit says through John in I John 3:23-24 (not too mention all of the other passages that tell us we are to walk in obedience to the commandments of God that are referring to the Law of Christ, not the old covenant 10 commandments which are dead).

Only the 10 commandments from the old covenant are dead...and only by walking in obedience to the 2 commandments of the New Covenant is one truly alive in Christ and walking with God.

It is a false doctrine that tells people that walking in obedience to God "takes away from the cross of Christ and places it back into your hands" because that is antithetical to what Scripture teaches. Salvation from sin is one thing, eternal life is another all together. No one can get saved by obedience to any law...but believers maintain their standing in Christ as having eternal life by walking in obedience to the Law of Christ, just as Scripture clearly teaches.

On 2/3/2021 at 10:45 AM, Peterlag said:

Romans 6:2
How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Romans 6:6
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Galatians 5:16,18
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

In Rom. 6:2 Paul is talking about purposely choosing to sin, so it does not say what you claim. Same with Rom. 6:6..."that we SHOULD NOT serve sin," the definition of "should not" means that you still have the ability to choose to sin and that you "should" choose not to...it does not say you no longer have the ability to sin. In Gal. 5:16-18 the same thing...Paul is admonishing us to DO something in order to prevent us from sinning (which you say above that we don't do anymore...so you are contradicting Paul). 

Then he says "IF"...but unless I am misunderstanding you above, according to you it should say simply, "You are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law." That is not what he says...he says, "IF"...that means you still have a sin nature that YOU need to put under control.

And, BTW, the law that he refers to in that verse is the Mosaic law, not the Law of Christ...so even if one is led by the Spirit he is still under the Law of Christ, or else he isn't led by the Spirit...but by his own carnal mind deceiving him (James 1:22).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/3/2021 at 11:42 AM, Paul James said:

The idea of a "sin nature" is a misnomer.  Before conversion to Christ our nature was totally sinful and followed the works of the flesh as listed in Galatians 5.  When conversion took place we received a new heart and spirit and had the righteousness of Christ bestowed as a free gift from God.  Along with that we have the indwelling Holy Spirit.  Therefore we started to live in the Spirit as described in Galatians 5.

But we still have our physical bodies still blighted by sin and condemned to die.  Paul called it "the flesh".   He says that those who walk in the flesh, that is, according to the demands of our physical bodies, we cannot please God.  He says that seeing that we live in the Spirit, we should walk in the Spirit.   Paul says that there is nothing good in him, that is in his flesh.   This is what people mistakenly call the sin nature.  But there is no two natures fighting for supremacy in us.  Paul never taught that.   He says that the conflict is between the Spirit and our flesh.

Actually, when a verse addresses the flesh, it is speaking about the sin nature, it is no misnomer. The flesh and the sin nature are synonymous...they are the same thing. A careful study of every passage in the NT that addresses the flesh (106) is ample enough to demonstrate that fact.

Blessings!

On 2/3/2021 at 7:32 PM, Peterlag said:

I disagree. Paul did the same thing I'm doing. Telling folks they cannot bare him teaching them the meat because they are still on the milk. And that all most seem to understand is Jesus Christ and him crucified. It's not about my ego. I'm just telling the truth.

Not trying to be mean or anything, but after you have been studying Scripture for over 35 years accurately, then come tell someone that they don't understand you because you are just so smart in Scripture that you can't dumb it down enough for them to understand what you are saying.

I have met men who were 60+ when I spoke to them about Scripture, and even though they had been studying for light years longer than I, many of their beliefs were wrong because they had been studying Scripture for decades without understanding HOW to accurately read and interpret it. So even then, if one doesn't know how to read and interpret Scripture, he can still be believing is false ideologies.