Guest clancy

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

It is much worse when you find that kind of hostility in a believer's forum or in a church.  Sometimes the more kindness we show them in return the worse it gets.  I always figure that the have the "Holy Ghost miserables" at that point.  God is dealing with them.  

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest PinkBelt

If you aren't prepared for pushback then don't speak your views. Going to a secular forum invites all kinds of people who may or may not be receptive to topics of a religious or political nature.

We are not one iota better then anyone else and this "good riddance" attitude of some "Christians" is one of several reasons people reject the Christian message.

"Be not of this world" means not to adopt the ways of non-believers. It does not mean to hold yourself above others and ignore them as if they aren't worth your time.

Edited by PinkBelt

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/19/2021 at 6:29 PM, Willa said:

It is much worse when you find that kind of hostility in a believer's forum or in a church.  Sometimes the more kindness we show them in return the worse it gets.  I always figure that the have the "Holy Ghost miserables" at that point.  God is dealing with them.  

Indeed. Trying to kill people with kindness has never helped me. It always ends up with them murdering me with meanness.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, Unit 11 said:

Indeed. Trying to kill people with kindness has never helped me. It always ends up with them murdering me with meanness.

Jesus never said it would "work".  When God said His word would not come back void it means some would reject it and some would receive Christ.  The same goes for loving our enemies and praying for those who persecute us.  We were only promised that we would be treated the same way that they treated Christ.  They hung Him on a cross.  Do you love God enough to be persecuted for Christ's sake?  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

9 hours ago, Willa said:

Jesus never said it would "work".  When God said His word would not come back void it means some would reject it and some would receive Christ.  The same goes for loving our enemies and praying for those who persecute us.  We were only promised that we would be treated the same way that they treated Christ.  They hung Him on a cross.  Do you love God enough to be persecuted for Christ's sake?  

I'm referring to my years in a call center, dealing with angry callers taking out their frustrations on us. (One rep had a sign at her cubicle that said, "Who are you, what do you want and why are you angry with me already?") A supervisor once admonished me to "kill them with kindness." Unfortunately it never worked well for me. Actually not at all. 

I have tried to leave that site, every time,I say I am left, I’m drawn back there again.

There are a few who are searching I believe, God ,I believe wants me to keep going.....in his strength...I burnt out, but yet again,I’m back there,refreshed.

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.96
  • Days Won:  21

14 minutes ago, clancy said:

I have tried to leave that site, every time,I say I am left, I’m drawn back there again.

There are a few who are searching I believe, God ,I believe wants me to keep going.....in his strength...I burnt out, but yet again,I’m back there,refreshed.

You have to do what you are called to do. Take time out occasionally.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

You have to do what you are called to do. Take time out occasionally.

Amen! Bro, when God calls me to do something, I am learning to be obedient, straight away, it has taken me time to tune into God...but He certainly gets the message through now, as I’m listening.....it fills me with Awe, when he asks me to do something.

God!!....asking little old me.....were talking “ GOD” ..no words can really explain my Awe...

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.96
  • Days Won:  21

3 minutes ago, clancy said:

Amen! Bro, when God calls me to do something, I am learning to be obedient, straight away, it has taken me time to tune into God...but He certainly gets the message through now, as I’m listening.....it fills me with Awe, when he asks me to do something.

God!!....asking little old me.....were talking “ GOD” ..no words can really explain my Awe...

Yes. No matter how small we are, He is still a very BIG GOD.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

A chief forum issue is this--where skeptics and atheists are on forums, they assault any Christian statements--as long as you bear in mind 2 Tim 2:24-26 and also come from a teaching position while LIMITING the time you spend responding to mockers...

• Thumbs Up 1