• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Days Won:  10

14 minutes ago, Tristen said:

Faith is not a force. Faith is trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ and it works by love

To me the word “force” is ambiguous. So at most, this is an error or misunderstanding – but it could also just be an unfortunate, nebulous figure-of-speech.

Look at your provided quote again. The main point of the teaching was not that faith was some kind of “force”. Yes – she apparently said, “It’s a powerful force” - in between a bunch of other sentences focussing on the actual point - that faith is something we need to actively apply. Note that one of her qualifying statements in the quote was “You put your trust in God. You put your faith in Him.” - not dissimilar to your above definition.

So I think this objection is an example of being overly-critical (or persnickety). If we examine anyone's speech closely enough, we'll find such ambiguities and/or missteps.

I've since discovered that Meyers has repented of teaching this, which is good

The reason Joyce Meyer (JM) is a convenient example for me in this discussion is because I am familiar enough with her teaching to know that your stated impression of her is incorrect. You attribute specific “common teachings” to her that I do not associate with her at all. Maybe she once believed these things but has since “repented”. Maybe she still believes some of them, but from my experience, they are certainly not prolific enough in her teaching to be considered typical or representative of her overall teaching.

I would suggest there are two primary implications of JM's repentance here;

1 – The possibility that JM is open to correction and sincerely performing the work of ministry in the name of Christ to the best of her knowledge and ability (though she is not perfect and makes, and has made, mistakes – just like the rest of us).

2 – The possibility that you have developed an unfair and false impression of her based on a propensity to focus on the negatives.

She teaches that we are "God-kind", which is not completely clear but is certainly not orthodox

From the clip you provided, she is using the terminology found in Psalm 82 (and as quoted by Jesus in John 10:34-35) to encourage us to be mindful of the fact that we are God's children; created in His own image.

The NT does not teach that God wants us to be rich in material goods

But neither does the Bible teach that God has a problem with “material” wealth or 'prosperity' in general. We are taught to be faithful stewards with whatever God provides us.

This is a much bigger, and more complex, conversation. A focus on money and “material goods” is clearly out-of-balance.

Matthew 6:24 - “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon

1 Timothy 6:10 - For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows

Nevertheless, there are scriptures pointing to God's desire to generously bless His children; especially those who are themselves generous. For example;

Luke 6:38 - Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.

2 Corinthians 9:6 - But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.

3 John 1:2 - Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.

So I do not see any problem with teaching people to pray for, and expect, God's goodness to manifest in their life. But I can see how that idea can quickly slide out-of-balance if the preacher is not careful. And I also can see how someone might miss-interpret such a message as encouraging a “love of money”.

Copying others' sermons verbatim is not a common Christian training technique. Every minister of the gospel should be creating his own sermons, from the Bible. Of course we can study the teaching and sermons of others, but not copy them wholesale.

Copying someone else's sermons, word for word, to set up your own "ministry" is obviously not something that a Holy Spirit led Christian would do

I'm not aware of any such rules in Christianity.

Here's a useful Web page re. Joyce Meyers. It seems quite balanced

I've never paid much attention to labels like 'word of faith' and 'prosperity gospel'. After reading this article, I'm beginning to think all this bluster about 'word of faith' teachers is 'much ado about nothing'. My impression (from the article) is that there seems to be a few inherited doctrinal errors – which are sometimes corrected over time. And there is a ministry focus on faith that sometimes gets out-of-balance; i.e. encouraging adherents to focus too much on material prosperity.

- And that's assuming the article, which has an implicit bias against 'word of faith' teaching, is not exaggerating the negatives (of which I am suspicious).

IF she once believed false doctrine and since repented, I would expect her to preach against the false doctrine. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

10 hours ago, 1to3 said:

If you look closely at these teachers, you will see who they truly serve.

What they wear, how they set the stage, what symbolic hand jestures do they make, what imagery they use, on their clothes, on their stage, in their lifestyle. They are showing us in plain sight who they truly serve.

These same are all working with the One World religion, they are working along with the Pope and along the New World Order.

They like the NWO are under a One World Order ponzi scheme.

They have become to big ( because we have  aided and abetted and allowed them to) to stop them now, that's why many don't care even if you try to expose them, as their is not much that anyone can do now to stop them.

The only thing you who can see the deception can do is try to warn others before its to late :

Revelation 18:4

And I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.

Revelation 18:23

23 The light of a lamp will never shine in you again, and the voices of a bride and bridegroom will never call out in you again. For your merchants were the great ones of the earth, because all the nations were deceived by your sorcery. 24And there was found in her the blood of prophets and saints, and of all who had been slain on the earth.…

They acquired their goods through deceiving the innocent and do the bare minimal to truly help the innocent truly find Gods True plan of salvation through Gods only begotten Son Christ Jesus=the Only True way to God, why? because they want to remain in control and they don't mind scamming the people so that they may remain in comfort & power, because their father is of the devil whose only goal is to steal, kill and destroy.

John 14:6

The Way, the Truth, and the Life

Christ Jesus said:
5“Lord,” said Thomas, “we do not know where You are going, so how can we know the way?” 6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 7If you had known Me, you would know My Father as well. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him.”

Ask yourselves, do these ministries of pastors, popes truly preach John 14:6?

or have they added or taken away from John 14:6

Agreed, Some are nor preaching the gospel, they are selling a prioduct

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Perhaps this thread has run its course.....think on good things.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Alive locked this topic