• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

12 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

Thank you for the information

Matthew 8: 16 When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick, 17 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying:

“He Himself took our infirmities
And bore our sicknesses.”

And surely He does today. But does he heal everyone all the time? I experienced "word of faith" movement when I was first saved, where I was taught that if you were poor it was your lack of faith, if you were sick it was your lack of faith, whatever they said God would do for you, if it wasn't done....it was because of your lack of faith. I found the lack of compassion and even low grade condemnation of people who suffered to be against what I was learning about God. So I am a little uneasy on the subject. 

It all has to do whether people minister healing in the Name of Jesus or their own name.  When a person, even one of reputation ministers out of personal ambition to be God's man of faith and power, then he is more likely to be working in his own name and not the Name of Jesus.   Many of the Word of Faith television evangelists such as Kenny Copeland, Creflo Dollar, Joel Osteen, and others like them are ministering in their own name because they present themselves as the main men with the special abilities and effective teaching that solves everyone's financial problems and brings special blessing of God that ordinary pastors cannot bring.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Paul James said:

In Matthew 8:16-17 Jesus Himself contradicts you by saying that Isaiah 53:4 is fulfilled by His healing of physical sicknesses

16 When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick, 17 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying:

He cast out spirits and healed all who were sick, Spiritual healing and physical healing. Both

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2

2 hours ago, Jaydub said:

16 When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick, 17 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying:

He cast out spirits and healed all who were sick, Spiritual healing and physical healing. Both

Okay. I can go along with that.  What I don't go along with is the notion that the Isaiah reference refers to salvation exclusively.

It is interesting to note that there were physical disabilities that Jesus treated as if they were demons.  The woman bent over whom Jesus said that Satan had oppressed her for the last 18 years, and casting a deaf and dumb spirit out of a man, and another child who exhibited epilepsy symptoms whom had a demon cast out resulting in a total healing.  Also, there are spirits of infirmity that cause sicknesses where the doctors cannot diagnose the cause.  Also, it has been known that African witch doctors have put curses on people who have become sick and died.

So, there is a blurring of the demarcation between a sickness caused by medical issues and a sickness caused by demonic oppression.  So, in that sense, I agree with your interpretation of Isaiah 53:4-5 covering sickness and disability caused by physical and spiritual origins. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

I do remember a very uplifting prophecy spoken at a worship meeting from many years ago - where Jesus did indeed speak about "by my stripes ye are healed"

Jesus said that by our faith and through prayer He was able to heal our hearts, heal our bodies; heal our minds, and heal our souls. 

That afternoon after the meeting had finished I went out into another room to pray in tongues for a healing that I really needed then and there. 

I quoted Jesus on what He had said through the gift of prophecy and prayed in the Spirit for about 10 minutes. 

What a wonderful miraculous healing I received from God. I was so crippled from osteo-arthritis in my knees and feet and with all the pain. 

Instantly I was set free. No pain. No arthritis. Awesome. 

Acts 3:6  But Peter said, “I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!” 
7  And he took him by the right hand and raised him up, and immediately his feet and ankles were made strong. 
8  And leaping up, he stood and began to walk, and entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God. 

When I was born new again by water baptism  and Holy Spirit baptism God through the power of the Holy Spirit cast out my demons; healed me of drug taking; healed me of cigarette smoking; healed me of alcohol drinking; and then went on to heal my kidneys and my lungs; heal my mind; heal my heart; and to heal my life. 

Indeed praise God and his wonderful grace and love toward us. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Days Won:  10

4 hours ago, Paul James said:

Okay. I can go along with that.  What I don't go along with is the notion that the Isaiah reference refers to salvation exclusively.

It is interesting to note that there were physical disabilities that Jesus treated as if they were demons.  The woman bent over whom Jesus said that Satan had oppressed her for the last 18 years, and casting a deaf and dumb spirit out of a man, and another child who exhibited epilepsy symptoms whom had a demon cast out resulting in a total healing.  Also, there are spirits of infirmity that cause sicknesses where the doctors cannot diagnose the cause.  Also, it has been known that African witch doctors have put curses on people who have become sick and died.

So, there is a blurring of the demarcation between a sickness caused by medical issues and a sickness caused by demonic oppression.  So, in that sense, I agree with your interpretation of Isaiah 53:4-5 covering sickness and disability caused by physical and spiritual origins. 

then we are all in agreement. Praise the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Days Won:  10

I was corrected on this thread. Isnt that praiseworthy? I'm wiser than I was i.e. im more humble. I'm more knowledgable too. It puts a song in my heart.. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 2/22/2021 at 4:33 PM, Paul James said:

Jesus said quite clearly and through actual demonstration that Isaiah 53:4 was about physical healing.  Therefore, to say anything different is to contradict Jesus' interpretation of the verse.

Jesus' words specifying physical healing in Isaiah do not exist.

Edited by Jacob75
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2

58 minutes ago, Jacob75 said:

Jesus' words specifying physical healing in Isaiah do not exist.

Matthew 8:16-17 is quite clear. Perhaps you missed these verses.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Yes indeed.  Perhaps you missed the significance of Jesus quoting and fulfilling Isaiah.

Jesus used Isaiah only to authenticate His identity as the Prophesied Messiah.  And, He used neither Isaiah nor His healing to indicate all healing should afterwards occur, nor that such wholesale healing is to be expected today.

God's Word is more than descriptive and clear, it gives boundaried definition for us.  Isaiah spoke nothing of the Church healing sickness because of Jesus being the healing Messiah.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1