• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

Isaiah 53:

Is this a prophecy, is it about the profile and the accomplishments of the Messiah and how it will happen. 

Can someone who claims to be the Christ be the Christ without the marks on his back that he recieved the lashes. And the marks that he was perched on his side, the testimony that he had died.

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,253
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

On 2/19/2021 at 2:05 PM, Whyme said:

This topic isn't about a spiritual gift but a certain scripture. The reason I post it here is because folks who believe in gifts use this scripture often. Its my belief that this scripture is misunderstood and I would like a friendly discussion on it. I believe Isaiah 53 isn't about physical healing but spiritual instead. Think about it, if sinners were physicaly sick we would all be phicically sick with disease but this isn't the case. We are all spiritually sick however. This Isaiah sripture is for us all too. We are all spiritually sick without Jesus to heal our spiritual man. Jesus said a sick man needs a doctor, and he was referring to spiritual sickness not physical and so is Isaiah (Mark 2:17)

I agree with you concerning Is. 53:5. ..Isa 53:5  NKJV But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

However, Jesus quoted a different portion in Matthew which does speak of physical and healing.  

Mat 8:16  When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick,  Mat 8:17  that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: "HE HIMSELF TOOK OUR INFIRMITIES AND BORE OUR SICKNESSES."  This is the Holy Spirit's translation of IS 53:4 according to Mathew.    

The literal translation seems closest.   Isa 53:4  LIT.  Surely He has borne our sicknesses, and He carried our pain; yet we esteemed Him plagued, smitten by God, and afflicted.

G769   (Strong). ἀσθένεια.  astheneia. as-then'-i-ah

From G772; feebleness (of body or mind); by implication malady; moral frailty: - disease, infirmity, sickness, weakness.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  10

Just now, Willa said:

I agree with you concerning Is. 53:5. ..Isa 53:5  NKJV But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

However, Jesus quoted a different portion in Matthew which does speak of physical and healing.  

Mat 8:16  When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick,  Mat 8:17  that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: "HE HIMSELF TOOK OUR INFIRMITIES AND BORE OUR SICKNESSES."  This is the Holy Spirit's translation of IS 53:4 according to Mathew.    

The literal translation seems closest.   Isa 53:4  LIT.  Surely He has borne our sicknesses, and He carried our pain; yet we esteemed Him plagued, smitten by God, and afflicted.

From G772; feebleness (of body or mind); by implication malady; moral frailty: - disease, infirmity, sickness, weakness.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Willa said:

We have to take into consideration that the events in Mathew 8:17 happened before the events of the Cross and not after.

Isaiah in 53: 5 describes something as a result of the Christ being published first and not before. 

First we must have the punishment inflicted on Christ and his death then we can apply "by his stripes we are healed", this requires the Christ to receive the lashes first, which will leave the marks on his back, "the stripes ",

If we do not have the stripes, we cannot have the fulfillment of 53: 5.

In Mathew we do not have the stripes yet and the observer of those events notice what was happening before the stripes. 

Jesus Christ did not make that comment, it was Mathew who made that comment and he did not made that comment when things were happening in Mathew 8:17.

He rather made that comment when he was looking back years later after the Cross, when he looked back , but in any case he could not say that, about 53:5 because those things happened before and not after the stripes.

Esaias 53: 5 cannot be apply to the whole world but only under those who were under the Law. 

Who were punished from their Lord God with sickness and disease and other deformities because of their hidden sins, as it is described in the Sinai Covenant.

The sins of the parents are upon their children up to third and fourth generations. 

Isaiah is describing the end of that part of the Law, with the end of the Sinai Covenant 

That with the Christ suffering and punishment with lashes unto death. As Isaiah continues after the lashes to say that he pour his soul out unto death.

53:5 talks about the time that God will no more punish his people for their sins with sickness because Christ was punished for them.

As we understand that in the new Covenant we do not have this part of the old, which was part of the Sinai Covenant and not of the new Covenant. 

Which is: the sins of the parents upon their children...

That's why 3disciples said , who sin that he was born blind.

And when Jesus healed the man in the pool he told him "do not sin , so something worst won't happen to you.  As they were still under the Law of Moses.

Edited by Your closest friendnt

_

11 minutes ago, Whyme said:

_

Hi Whyme, what would you like to say, please say it, we are here to grow together. 

Thank you for posting this question, it gave me the chance to look into it. 

God bless 

3 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hi Whyme, what would you like to say, please say it, we are here to grow together. 

Thank you for posting this question, it gave me the chance to look into it. 

God bless 

That post was an accident. I didn't mean to post it.. Sometimes I delete an accidental double post too

2 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I am not sure but I think that below the edit (button), there is the delete button and you may use it to delete the post.

I have use it to delete a post. 

thanks I will remember that

3 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I am not sure but I think that below the edit (button), there is the delete button and you may use it to delete the post.

I have use it to delete a post. 

I tried it, all I can do is edit. Maybe because I'm on a phone? I don't know

4 minutes ago, Whyme said:

thanks I will remember that

Maybe could be the phone , I use an android my self and I tried it and work I delete my post, is no longer there, it is only on your quote, but the original is gone.

When you are on your post, next to your logo there are three dots.

Touch them and a window will pop up with four items, the last one it says delete, if you touch it a question will pop up, asking to delete or to Cancel, for delete push the delete on the questionnaire and that's it.

Sorry if I bother you with that.