IGNORED

40,000 years of history? Man before Adam?

hdtwice

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

And yet the explanation is in Genesiss 5:4 After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters. 5 So all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years; and he died.

It seems strange that Cain would worry about being killed by people who were not yet born. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Just now, johnthebaptist said:

Paul tells us women shouldn't speak in church buildings (1 Corinthians 14:33-36). Are you okay with women speaking in church buildings?

He was talking about them disrupting Church services and that they should ask their questions at home. 

But to answer your question. Yes. It is in the word if God.  If you start delegitimatizing parts of the bible because they offend you or 21st century sensibilities, then what can you have faith in if the word of God is not accurate

7 minutes ago, LearningToLetGo said:

It seems strange that Cain would worry about being killed by people who were not yet born. 

You assume this happened before all the other children were born after Seth.  Adam was 140 years old by the time Seth was born, I am sure there was quite a bit people around at this time.  There is no timeline given from when Cain Killed Abel. After all they were grown up and in their professions

You figure a new generation every 20 years, 140 years is 7 generations and the people would have numbered in the thousands.

Assuming that each generation had 12 kids who lived

1st Generation 12 kids

2nd 114 Kids

3rd Generation 1728  

7th Generation  Geez 35 million  Only 276,000 if they had six kids each

and yet only three children of Adam are named

Edited by Riverwalker

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

He was talking about them disrupting Church services and that they should ask their questions at home. 

But to answer your question. Yes. It is in the word if God.  If you start delegitimatizing parts of the bible because they offend you or 21st century sensibilities, then what can you have faith in if the word of God is not accurate

Do you stand by these words or not? 

[33] For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,
[34] the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says.
[35] If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.
[36] What! Did the word of God originate with you, or are you the only ones it has reached? 1 Corinthians 14:33-36

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

2 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

You assume this happened before all the other children were born after Seth. 

Fair enough, but now we're both "reading between the lines", so to speak. I have no problem with that per-se, but it does hinder a literal interpretation of scripture.

1 minute ago, johnthebaptist said:

Do you stand by these words or not? 

[33] For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,
[34] the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says.
[35] If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.
[36] What! Did the word of God originate with you, or are you the only ones it has reached? 1 Corinthians 14:33-36

As I have already answered, Yes. They are Scripture

Now its your turn to answer.  On what criteria do you consider them false and how can you believe any of the bible if you do?

1 minute ago, LearningToLetGo said:

Fair enough, but now we're both "reading between the lines", so to speak. I have no problem with that per-se, but it does hinder a literal interpretation of scripture.

I am reading the word as God gave it. You could not see how it was possible, I showed you how.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, LearningToLetGo said:

The only thing that hinders the literal acceptance is our willingness to accept the word of God when it does it does not make sense to us, and delving into that word, until it does

Edited by Riverwalker
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

As I have already answered, Yes. They are Scripture

Now its your turn to answer.  On what criteria do you consider them false and how can you believe any of the bible if you do?

Women aren't allowed to speak when they are in your church building?

I've told you what I believe: I believe the Word of God are those times God or Jesus are quoted in the Bible. Furthermore, I believe the entire Bible is a truthful witness to the events to which it witnesses. The letters of Paul are, for example, indeed, the letters of Paul.

Just now, johnthebaptist said:

Women aren't allowed to speak when they are in your church building?

I've told you what I believe: I believe the Word of God are those times God or Jesus are quoted in the Bible. Furthermore, I believe the entire Bible is a truthful witness to the events to which it witnesses. The letters of Paul are, for example, indeed, the letters of Paul.

What you did not tell me is by what criteria you have made this decision and how you can trust the bible if it has lies?