IGNORED

40,000 years of history? Man before Adam?

hdtwice

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,876
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

13 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

I don't allow women to exercise authority, government, or power over men in any ekklesia I am part of. That they do in some ekklesias is down to ignorance of Biblical doctrine and liberal theology.

Seems there was a issue in Ephesus, women mostly governed it in all aspects worshipping the pagan goddess daina thus Timothy had to deal with the out side influences, some where in the Bible speaks of such things as not permanent.  

Edited by BeyondET

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

13 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

Seems there was a issue in Ephesus, women mostly governed it in all aspects worshipping the pagan goddess daina thus Timothy had to deal with the out side influences, some where in the Bible speaks of such things as not permanent.  

A. The idea of doing things decently and in order has never changed, and neither dies God's truth. He made sure that is in the bible

B. It was Corinth He was writing to, not Ephesus

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60

1 hour ago, Riverwalker said:

The only thing that hinders the literal acceptance is our willingness to accept the word of God when it does it does not make sense to us, and delving into that word, until it does

Do you know when and if so please tell me when these took place in the last 6 thousand years?  

Jeremiah 4:20 Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment.

Jeremiah 4:21 How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet?

Jeremiah 4:22 For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.

Jeremiah 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Jeremiah 4:24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

Jeremiah 4:25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

Jeremiah 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

Jeremiah 4:27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

Jeremiah 4:28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

Jeremiah 4:29 The whole city shall flee for the noise of the horsemen and bowmen; they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon the rocks: every city shall be forsaken, and not a man dwell therein.

Jeremiah 4:30 And when thou art spoiled, what wilt thou do? Though thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painting, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair; thy lovers will despise thee, they will seek thy life.

Jeremiah 4:31 For I have heard a voice as of a woman in travail, and the anguish as of her that bringeth forth her first child, the voice of the daughter of Zion, that bewaileth herself, that spreadeth her hands, saying, Woe is me now! for my soul is wearied because of murderers.

Revelation 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Revelation 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

23 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

A. The idea of doing things decently and in order has never changed, and neither dies God's truth. He made sure that is in the bible

B. It was Corinth He was writing to, not Ephesus

Paul wrote to Timothy who remained in Ephesus, 1 Timothy to deal with the false religion lead by female Artemis cult which was the dominant religion pagan in Ephesus.

38 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Do you know when and if so please tell me when these took place in the last 6 thousand years?  

Jeremiah 4:20 Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment.

Jeremiah 4:21 How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet?

Jeremiah 4:22 For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.

Jeremiah 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Jeremiah 4:24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

Jeremiah 4:25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

Jeremiah 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

Jeremiah 4:27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

Jeremiah 4:28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

Jeremiah 4:29 The whole city shall flee for the noise of the horsemen and bowmen; they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon the rocks: every city shall be forsaken, and not a man dwell therein.

Jeremiah 4:30 And when thou art spoiled, what wilt thou do? Though thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painting, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair; thy lovers will despise thee, they will seek thy life.

Jeremiah 4:31 For I have heard a voice as of a woman in travail, and the anguish as of her that bringeth forth her first child, the voice of the daughter of Zion, that bewaileth herself, that spreadeth her hands, saying, Woe is me now! for my soul is wearied because of murderers.

Revelation 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Revelation 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

This is my GUESS, based on reading the bible on the Kingdoms of Judah and Israel, letting scripture interpretate scripture and of course your astute comparison of Jeremiah and Revelation.  Since God did not answer the question in the bible, it is impossible to state dogmaticly

But here is my guess

They have not yet taken place. 

Up to Verse 18 Jeremiah was talking about the destruction Kingdom of Israel and warning the kingdom of Judah to avoid a similar destruction. 

After Solomon's death the kingdom split and Ten northern tribes became The Kingdom of Israel Under Jeroboam with Benjamin and Judah  becoming the kingdom of Judah. Israel set up a new false temple(the Abominations)  and had a straight succession of evil kings.

So God was going to have them captured and dispersed by Assyria. Judah kept the temple in Jerusalem and had a mixture of Good and Bad Kings, and were eventually taken away into captivity by Babylon and returned 70 years later,

From verse 19 on the conversation (I believe) switches to the destruction of the world in the Tribulation.  For the same reason Jerusalem was eventually destroyed by the Babylonians.  They left God.

I do not claim to have all the answers, but by letting the bible interpret the bible. This is the conclusion that seems most likely.  You are asking me to make a conclusion that really isn't called for and it is outside of the information that  scripture gives us.

Edited by Riverwalker

1 minute ago, BeyondET said:

Paul wrote to Timothy who remained in Ephesus, 1 Timothy to deal with the false religion lead by female Artemis cult which was the dominant religion pagan in Ephesus.

But we are discussing what He wrote to the Corinthians

Just now, Riverwalker said:

But we are discussing what He wrote to the Corinthians

I quoted another poster, who is we?

Just now, BeyondET said:

I quoted another poster, who is we?

Sorry my bad.....the wee is the last 87 posts  ;)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

Sorry my bad.....the wee is the last 87 posts  ;)

Hmm 87 posts ok... 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,029
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

49 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

@DeighAnn Hours of excellent material FYI

At This Link

Bruce Gore History Catalogue.pdf

image.png.1d6313acd9890e9824b9be9983ba3556.png

• Thanks 1