• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,279
  • Content Per Day:  7.09
  • Days Won:  99

4 minutes ago, Whyme said:

My faith is weak I suppose. I don't have miraculous faith to talk about. Never saw a miracle. All I have is a contrite heart. I'm sorry for all the selfish evil I have done. Im sorry for being a fool. Sorry I lack faith to move a molehill. I feel like a loser. A man on the outside.. just a poor pathetic sinner.. why did God make me like this? Or did I do it to myself? Thats even worse because its more failure on my part. Where is my hope? Depression, anxiety  self loathing misery. I hate myself.. Why do others have more faith? Why are they worth something and I'm not?Woe is me. Or is it? I have joy joy joy down in my heart. What joy it is to be contrite and so small.  What a blessed place to be. GOD IS NEAR THE BROKEN HEARTED. I feel new and worth something. My purpose for this is to give others hope. Maybe you feel lost like I do? All is not lost and neither are we. The lords mercy sustains us. WE ARE BLESSED

After many years I still deal with depression, my friend. It comes around this time of year, the anniversary of so many different things. Yes, servants of the Lord suffer in this world. Did Christ Jesus promise us a worry-free sojourn on this earth?

He did not. Elijah despaired of living as did the apostle Paul so we are in good company. @Whyme. Take heart remembering that suffering is a part of our estate while we toil in this world. There are times when silence takes me because of the sudden realization that I am the most ignorant of men, and I'm struck by despair which lingers for quite a while. Lord, why must I be such an idiot?

Ah, but all of us see darkly and know only in part. You are not alone. :) 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  10

8 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

After many years I still deal with depression, my friend. It comes around this time of year, the anniversary of so many different things. Yes, servants of the Lord suffer in this world. Did Christ Jesus promise us a worry-free sojourn on this earth?

He did not. Elijah despaired of living as did the apostle Paul so we are in good company. @Whyme. Take heart remembering that suffering is a part of our estate while we toil in this world. There are times when silence takes me because of the sudden realization that I am the most ignorant of men, and I'm struck by despair which lingers for quite a while. Lord, why must I be such an idiot?

Ah, but all of us see darkly and know only in part. You are not alone. :) 

Indeed we are not alone. Thank you. I try to take it one day at a time as Jesus teaches us. Today I feel love and peace. Such blessed meditation. However I know I need to serve the lord more. I feel like there is a huge carnal roadblock in my way. Please pray that God make a way for me. I feel love for the most unfortunate and feel drawn to help. I feel a calling I guess.

• Praying! 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

There is that most simple, but honest, of prayers:

"Lord I believe, help me in my unbelief!"

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, teddyv said:

There is that most simple, but honest, of prayers:

"Lord I believe, help me in my unbelief!"

amen. Thank you.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,279
  • Content Per Day:  7.09
  • Days Won:  99

19 minutes ago, Whyme said:

Indeed we are not alone. Thank you. I try to take it one day at a time as Jesus teaches us. Today I feel love and peace. Such blessed meditation. However I know I need to serve the lord more. I feel like there is a huge carnal roadblock in my way. Please pray that God make a way for me. I feel love for the most unfortunate and feel drawn to help. I feel a calling I guess.

We suffer and so we endure. Endurance is something which the Lord cultivates in us all, so I cannot possibly overstate the significance of endurance in our walk toward the Lord. I will pray that the Lord strengthens you so you might endure these times of dryness and suffering. As I learned after surrendering my life to Jesus Christ, pruning is a part of the Spirit's work in us.

We must be pruned before bearing abundant fruit. Everything in its time and season. 

Stand fast, my friend. The Lord is faithful to complete that work He started in you. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Marathoner said:

We suffer and so we endure. Endurance is something which the Lord cultivates in us all, so I cannot possibly overstate the significance of endurance in our walk toward the Lord. I will pray that the Lord strengthens you so you might endure these times of dryness and suffering. As I learned after surrendering my life to Jesus Christ, pruning is a part of the Spirit's work in us.

We must be pruned before bearing abundant fruit. Everything in its time and season. 

Stand fast, my friend. The Lord is faithful to complete that work He started in you. :) 

Amen.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Whyme said:

My faith is weak I suppose. I don't have miraculous faith to talk about. Never saw a miracle. All I have is a contrite heart. I'm sorry for all the selfish evil I have done. Im sorry for being a fool. Sorry I lack faith to move a molehill. I feel like a loser. A man on the outside.. just a poor pathetic sinner.. why did God make me like this? Or did I do it to myself? Thats even worse because its more failure on my part. Where is my hope? Depression, anxiety  self loathing misery. I hate myself.. Why do others have more faith? Why are they worth something and I'm not?Woe is me. Or is it? I have joy joy joy down in my heart. What joy it is to be contrite and so small.  What a blessed place to be. GOD IS NEAR THE BROKEN HEARTED. I feel new and worth something. My purpose for this is to give others hope. Maybe you feel lost like I do? All is not lost and neither are we. The lords mercy sustains us. WE ARE BLESSED

Are you listening to the voice of the Lord? Because what I hear you saying is guilt, anger, frustration and every whisper that the enemy as ever poured in your ear.

It is okay to be weak. Even Paul struggled with things

2 Corinthians 10:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

What is not okay is to be a victim.  We have the almighty Lord God with us, and if God be for us, who can be against us?

What Does God say about you?

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

He is with you. Always, He will never leave you, and He is not standing over you with a hammer waiting for you to fail. He is trying to help you.

Romans 8: 8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who[a] do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit

But it all comes down to the voice you listen to, and if you choose to be a victim or a victor, to be overcome or to be an overcomer, through the love, strength and grace of Jesus Christ

Instead of giving power to all the negativity in your life, embrace the positivity of the Lord, as you renew your mind to a new way of operating you will find that all the chains of despair will fall off. God wants to help you, but you have to let Him. Take his word and use the to replace all those negatives

We should not be ashamed of our weakness, but rather embrace it, because that is where God fills the gaps.

Isaiah 40: 28 Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the Lord,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.
29 He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
31 But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

We might not be able to move mountains, but God can, trust in Him

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

Are you listening to the voice of the Lord? Because what I hear you saying is guilt, anger, frustration and every whisper that the enemy as ever poured in your ear.

It is okay to be weak. Even Paul struggled with things

2 Corinthians 10:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

What is not okay is to be a victim.  We have the almighty Lord God with us, and if God be for us, who can be against us?

What Does God say about you?

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

He is with you. Always, He will never leave you, and He is not standing over you with a hammer waiting for you to fail. He is trying to help you.

Romans 8: 8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who[a] do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit

But it all comes down to the voice you listen to, and if you choose to be a victim or a victor, to be overcome or to be an overcomer, through the love, strength and grace of Jesus Christ

Instead of giving power to all the negativity in your life, embrace the positivity of the Lord, as you renew your mind to a new way of operating you will find that all the chains of despair will fall off. God wants to help you, but you have to let Him. Take his word and use the to replace all those negatives

We should not be ashamed of our weakness, but rather embrace it, because that is where God fills the gaps.

Isaiah 40: 28 Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the Lord,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.
29 He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
31 But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

We might not be able to move mountains, but God can, trust in Him

Thank you. I am embracing my weaknesses. Contrition is a good thing. I should feel bad and do, but God lifts me up. He restores my soul. I just want others to not listen to the enemy but to embrace their own weakneses. God is near the broken heart and saves the contrite.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, Whyme said:

I just want others to not listen to the enemy but to embrace their own weakneses.

That is beautiful. Abide in Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1