• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Whyme said:

I wonder if doing good works is partly how we abide in Christ

Either way I need to find my own ministry where I can help others

Not a teaching ministry but one that helps people

Abide;   μένω ménō, men'-o; a primary verb; to stay (in a given place, state, relation or expectancy):—abide, continue, dwell, endure, be present, remain, stand, tarry
to tabernacle   to pitch a tent

For me, Whyme, it is simply trying to remember throughout the day of God's presence, somehow. Trying to keep a dialog going, mentally. I believe he moves on my spirit in the little things, showing me, in my mind, like how to be kind, which I need help on, or maybe having a verse pop up that directs a reply or action. When I really listen, I feel motivated to put to action my desire to do the right thing, and the result of my action was that motivation I received in my spirit. To me, this is good. True. From God. Privately, between us.
If I get it in my mind to do a good deed to be seen, or praised etc, even though it was a good deed, it was done for 'self', the flesh, ulterior motive. I receive my reward with the pat on my back. Not a bad deed. Just not the right/best motivation.

You say;   "Either way I need to find my own ministry where I can help others"

I have found out that in the morning when I wake and acknowledge to God my need for his direction for that/each day, I also ask him to help me be a blessing to someone, whether by helping them or just listening to them, or sharing the good news. Or whatever shows up, I try to be prepared.
He has answered tenfold. It's neat to see his hand at work, and believing works.
So I would suggest you make your request known to God, what you envision your ministry to be, however simple,and share your thoughts about how you want to accomplish them. Then believe he will give you direction.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and lean not on your own understanding;
In all thy ways acknowledge him, (tell him your plan)
and he shall direct thy pathsdefault_thumbsup.gif.9f623dc0aa630ecb6ae67d3137d63664.gif
Proverbs 3:5-6

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  10

37 minutes ago, Sower said:

Abide;   μένω ménō, men'-o; a primary verb; to stay (in a given place, state, relation or expectancy):—abide, continue, dwell, endure, be present, remain, stand, tarry
to tabernacle   to pitch a tent

For me, Whyme, it is simply trying to remember throughout the day of God's presence, somehow. Trying to keep a dialog going, mentally. I believe he moves on my spirit in the little things, showing me, in my mind, like how to be kind, which I need help on, or maybe having a verse pop up that directs a reply or action. When I really listen, I feel motivated to put to action my desire to do the right thing, and the result of my action was that motivation I received in my spirit. To me, this is good. True. From God. Privately, between us.
If I get it in my mind to do a good deed to be seen, or praised etc, even though it was a good deed, it was done for 'self', the flesh, ulterior motive. I receive my reward with the pat on my back. Not a bad deed. Just not the right/best motivation.

You say;   "Either way I need to find my own ministry where I can help others"

I have found out that in the morning when I wake and acknowledge to God my need for his direction for that/each day, I also ask him to help me be a blessing to someone, whether by helping them or just listening to them, or sharing the good news. Or whatever shows up, I try to be prepared.
He has answered tenfold. It's neat to see his hand at work, and believing works.
So I would suggest you make your request known to God, what you envision your ministry to be, however simple,and share your thoughts about how you want to accomplish them. Then believe he will give you direction.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and lean not on your own understanding;
In all thy ways acknowledge him, (tell him your plan)
and he shall direct thy pathsdefault_thumbsup.gif.9f623dc0aa630ecb6ae67d3137d63664.gif
Proverbs 3:5-6

Thank you. I agree. Its God's praise we seek not peoples. I'm not sure if it was this thread or another but I asked for prayer that God make a way for me. This is because I don't serve him at all.. not praiseworthy at all. I feel drawn to the most unfortunate, not because I am virtuous but because I am like them. I know what it's like, I've endured it. The only praiseworthy part is that God is still with me.