IGNORED

God places it on our hearts ,when we are to apologise.

Guest clancy

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

divorce is not the same thing as unforgiveness. Jesus said adultery were an acceptable reason for divorce but he did not command divorce on such occasion and the verse cited does not exempt the offended from forgiving. Yes, adultery causes the offended spouse seemingly incalculable pain but that does not mean confession and repentance, etc) should be neglected and since reconciliation is inevitably a two-way street both the offended and the offending parties have work to do. 

Why wouldn't a sincere statement of confession, repentance and sincere hope or request for forgiveness suffice? 

And suffice for what?

How would the matter of adultery be addressed, the marriage restored, without such a confession, repentance, etc.?  

If you cheat on your wife and she leaves you, then you are out of luck.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

Focus.

The topic of discussion is "God places it on our hearts when we are to apologize." 

That is what everyone here is and is supposed to be discussing. 

God places it on our hearts when we are to apologize when we impugn a person's character.
God places it on our hearts when we are to apologize when we insinuate another Christian doesn't know God/Jesus/the Spirit.
God places it on our hearts when we are to apologize when we define another Christian in derisive manner. 
God places it on our hearts when we are to apologize when we derogatorially label their imagined conduct.
God places it on our hearts when we are to apologize when we commit adultery. 

The topic of discussion is "God places it on our hearts when we are to apologize."  

I'm just responding to the statements you make to me.

Guest clancy
7 hours ago, Josheb said:

So why then practice apologizing instead of confession and repentance? 

Yes, but we're not talking about peace making; we're discussing the premise of an apology being what God plkaces on our hearts and it has just been acknowledge "There isn't any actual scripture.....

Confession, repentance, amends, forgiveness, and reconciliation is what makes peace, not "I apologise for the way I spoke to you on the thread." 

I believed I have already explained that in the PMs, here in this op both in in general and with a few examples to johnthebaptist.

First, keeping the peace is not the correct phrase; it is restoring the peace. We had peace in the discussion until it was broken with off-topic personal attack. It needed to be restored and wasn't. 
To restore peace often takes time. As I have, I expect to see observable evidence of change. Observable evidence would not be the absence of derision; it would be the presence of edification. 

Were the cases reverses I hope I'd post an acknowledgement of my error, and expression of my sincere regret and sadness over my own conduct, express an intent to change posts accordingly, a hope or request for forgiveness, and I'd then work to do the opposite of whatever I've done. 

I've been summoned for dinner; it's family night and the kids are in charge of selecting tonoghts activity so it might be awhile before I return (spent all day buying a new car :th_frusty:). I'll post the PMs when I return (although doing so does not now seem as important given the posts in the thread). 

Josheb, ...I am trying to understand, maybe I have a mind block,...

What I will do is, try to  digest your words here and make sense of them...please give me time, I am a slow learner...

It doesn’t matter about the pms.....how do I practice confession and repentance?

Do you know why I keep apologising to people?

i had to do it all the time as a child, I am trying to explain....if I did something wrong as a child, I was rejected and ignored, but when I got on my knees and kept saying how sorry I was over and over..they finally accepted, therefore stopped rejecting me...

Maybe I need counselling in that area?

Edited by clancy

Guest clancy

Why do I believe,God places on my heart ,when I am to apologise ?

Or is it me placing it on my heart?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, clancy said:

Why do I believe,God places on my heart ,when I am to apologise ?

Or is it me placing it on my heart?

God writes his law on our hearts. Just a thought. 

Guest clancy
5 hours ago, Josheb said:

Focus.

That is what everyone here is and is supposed to be discussing. 

God places it on our hearts when we are to apologize when we impugn a person's character.
God places it on our hearts when we are to apologize when we insinuate another Christian doesn't know God/Jesus/the Spirit.
God places it on our hearts when we are to apologize when we define another Christian in derisive manner. 
God places it on our hearts when we are to apologize when we derogatorially label their imagined conduct.
God places it on our hearts when we are to apologize when we commit adultery. 

I agree,Josheb....and can “ now” see why you get frustrated over this...

Guest clancy
1 minute ago, Whyme said:

God writes his law on our hearts. Just a thought. 

I am now obsessed with this apology.

Why did I believe God placed it on my heart to apologise?

Where is this pattern of thought coming from?

Guest clancy

Can we please stay on topic and discuss why I believed God placed it on my heart to apologise?

i am trying to understand why I have been doing that for years?

Edited by clancy

4 minutes ago, clancy said:

I am now obsessed with this apology.

Why did I believe God placed it on my heart to apologise?

Where is this pattern of thought coming from?

An appology is an act of love and humility. That comes from God in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Josheb said:

The question can be a false dichotomy and it can be a false dichotomy either way. God and our heart are supposed to work together toward things like obedience, sanctification, maturity, Christlikeness, etc. So Neither God nor our heart might have prompted that in the sense of our faith. Because of Luke 6:45 we understand there is always a heart issue but on the matter of an "apology" we're also dealing with a centuries-old social convention, a way of the world that may well have its origins in the precepts of scripture but, like everything else handled by the world, has had the life taken out of it. This false dichotomy can also come from something we-re all culpable of - a lack of knowledge of God's word. Waaaaay too many Christians erroneously think they have license to act like Jesus chasing out the money changers or Paul in his most confrontational moments when we do not. 

Alternatively, when God does lay something on our heart it is always something consistent with His incarnate and written word and the example of Christ, especially among his own. That then becomes one of the ways in which we can measure whatever we are feeling or perceiving regarding its origins. Is it consistent with God's Word? The only way to know that answer is to know God's Word - not in the mere letter of the law but in a manner than foments love because the law is fulfilled in love. 

If anything we do is suspect there are only three options: flesh, world, dark spirits. Those inhabited by God's Spirit need not fret over the influence of dark spirits because darkness cannot dwell with light so the solution to any of the three conditions is simple: familiarity with God's word. And when that familiarity becomes a matter of our being, and not merely our knowledge, or knowledge and understanding, we don't much have to think or choose. We do

We do love.

Love is kind, patient, humble, hopeful, trusting, etc. We all know that drill.

How will my apology love?
How will my apology, absent any change, love? 

That is how the answer to the question(s) becomes known. 

Is that too intellectual? ;) 

If someone did me wrong I would like an apology unless it was not genuine. We are taught to love others as ourselves so if I would want a sincere apology I will give a sincere apology.