Bro.Tan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus said in (Matt. 16:24-27) (v.24) Then said Jesus unto his disciples, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. That was the Lord’s burden, to die on the cross for the sins of man. Now as we read earlier every man must bear his own burden, and what is your burden? (v.25) For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. You must give up your life in this world; you must not get caught up in the cares of this world. You must bring forth-good fruits of faith by keeping God’s commandments, statues, and judgments. (v.26) For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? 

Some of the great patriarchs in (Heb.11) gave up a lot, some even their lives in exchange for their soul. You see they had great faith (belief) that their souls (bodies) would be raised at the first resurrection. And some of you won’t even give up some of the littlest things like, going to church on Sunday, the pagan holidays of Christmas and Easter, praying to the Virgin Mary, I could go on and on. And most so-called Christians know these rituals have nothing to do with Jesus and the Bible, but a lot of work get put into them. But do they understand that they are offensive to God? Maybe it’s because they have more faith in man than God, maybe it’s because they fear how man is going to treat them, and  don’t fear God. But listen up; (v.27) For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his holy angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Now these are the words of Jesus (the Son of man), you know the savior of the world. He said that when he comes he is going to judge every man according to his works. Don't be deceived thinking you all you need to do is have faith in the Lord and you will be saved?

Let's go into (James 2: (v.14) What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? Can faith save him? (v.15) If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of a daily food, (v.16) And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? If someone came to you hungry and needed clothes and all you told them was peace be unto you, and God bless you, be ye warmed and filled. All you did was give lip service, no works, you didn’t help the problem. 

(v.17) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. The bible has been telling you all alone that you must have fruits to prove your faith. (v.18) Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. True faith goes hand in hand with good works. (v.20) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Did you know that? Has anybody ever read this verse to you? How can you, after reading this verse ever say again that we need not work? You can have all the faith you want, but if you have no works to go along with that faith, that faith is in vain, that faith is dead.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Bro.Tan said:

What you quote here is true, but

Any statement that starts with the above, is problematic. If it is true, there is no but.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

Jesus said in (Matt. 16:24-27) (v.24) Then said Jesus unto his disciples, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. That was the Lord’s burden, to die on the cross for the sins of man. Now as we read earlier every man must bear his own burden, and what is your burden? (v.25) For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. You must give up your life in this world; you must not get caught up in the cares of this world. You must bring forth-good fruits of faith by keeping God’s commandments, statues, and judgments. (v.26) For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? 

Some of the great patriarchs in (Heb.11) gave up a lot, some even their lives in exchange for their soul. You see they had great faith (belief) that their souls (bodies) would be raised at the first resurrection. And some of you won’t even give up some of the littlest things like, going to church on Sunday, the pagan holidays of Christmas and Easter, praying to the Virgin Mary, I could go on and on. And most so-called Christians know these rituals have nothing to do with Jesus and the Bible, but a lot of work get put into them. But do they understand that they are offensive to God? Maybe it’s because they have more faith in man than God, maybe it’s because they fear how man is going to treat them, and  don’t fear God. But listen up; (v.27) For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his holy angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Now these are the words of Jesus (the Son of man), you know the savior of the world. He said that when he comes he is going to judge every man according to his works. Don't be deceived thinking you all you need to do is have faith in the Lord and you will be saved?

Let's go into (James 2: (v.14) What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? Can faith save him? (v.15) If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of a daily food, (v.16) And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? If someone came to you hungry and needed clothes and all you told them was peace be unto you, and God bless you, be ye warmed and filled. All you did was give lip service, no works, you didn’t help the problem. 

(v.17) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. The bible has been telling you all alone that you must have fruits to prove your faith. (v.18) Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. True faith goes hand in hand with good works. (v.20) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Did you know that? Has anybody ever read this verse to you? How can you, after reading this verse ever say again that we need not work? You can have all the faith you want, but if you have no works to go along with that faith, that faith is in vain, that faith is dead.

Agreed...True faith has fruits/works.  Faith produces works.  If you believe in Messiah this means you obey and follow his teachings/commands. You have died to self and sin and now a servant of the Messiah.  Those who say they believe but live in contradiction to his teachings are false believers.

There are religious works that are not based on faith in Messiah.  For instance many "Christians" think if I go to church enough, pay tithes, say a sinners prayer, join the worship team that means I am saved.   Those all maybe good but they are not true works of faith.  The Pharisees did that kind of stuff.  True faith produces repentance & obedience to God's word.  You can go to church, go to alter calls, be baptized, say a sinners prayer but if you refuse to repent of your sins your faith and your works are false and vain and it will not save you.

A true born-again believer repents of their sins and does not look back, because God has given them a new heart with his laws written upon it, so that they obey and do them.  Being born again means you walk in a new life in obedience to Messiah. God has given you the power to repent and live in obedience. Grace is God given you the power and opportunity to repent and be forgiven and receive his Holy Spirit that transforms your life into the image of his Son. So that you live as he lived.  If your faith did not produce repentance from sin and obedience towards God you have been deceived and are still in dead in sin.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh
  • Thumbs Up 2

21 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Agreed...True faith has fruits/works.  Faith produces works.  If you believe in Messiah this means you obey and follow his teachings/commands. You have died to self and sin and now a servant of the Messiah.  Those who say they believe but live in contradiction to his teachings are false believers.

There are religious works that are not based on faith in Messiah.  For instance many "Christians" think if I go to church enough, pay tithes, say a sinners prayer, join the worship team that means I am saved.   Those all maybe good but they are not true works of faith.  The Pharisees did that kind of stuff.  True faith produces repentance & obedience to God's word.  You can go to church, go to alter calls, be baptized, say a sinners prayer but if you refuse to repent of your sins your faith and your works are false and vain and it will not save you.

A true born-again believer repents of their sins and does not look back, because God has given them a new heart with his laws written upon it, so that they obey and do them.  Being born again means you walk in a new life in obedience to Messiah. God has given you the power to repent and live in obedience. Grace is God given you the power and opportunity to repent and be forgiven and receive his Holy Spirit that transforms your life into the image of his Son. So that you live as he lived.  If your faith did not produce repentance from sin and obedience towards God you have been deceived and are still in dead in sin.

I agree, you have good understanding in how one must repent and change according to the word of God. But I will say that Born again is a change in the body, not the mind. When you Born again that will be a spiritual physical appearance or change (St. John 3rd Chapter). Instead of using Born again let's look at what Paul says in  Romans 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The Apostle James was pointing out that we have a mission and a purpose. We are not just trophies for Jesus to sit on a shelf in a display case...

We are ministers / priests of God. Unfortunately the structure of the Industrial Body of Christ International (the "church" as it were) prohibits the 

fulness of each individual's ministry / priesthood.

Revelation 1:6 (AV)
6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 5:10 (AV)
10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

1 Peter 2:3–9 (AV)
3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

I'm thinking of the servants and the talents as well. The Lord "invests" in us. And if his "return" is only his "investment" in us...

Not to imply this is somehow a loss of salvation. It is not. But we are not saved for nothing or to do nothing. God's plan is a working plan

right down to the smallest detail (of which I am the least).

Edited by JohnD
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

Any statement that starts with the above, is problematic. If it is true, there is no but.

God had Peter to clearly warn us about some of Paul’s writing.  (2 Peter:3:15-16) (v.15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; (v.16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Now let us take heed to this warning, we can’t ignore all the bible and just concentrate on a hand full of verses out of the writings of Paul. Because some of Paul’s writing is hard to be understood. Paul talks about two different sets of laws, given by Moses, also Paul talks about two different types of death, there another but I can't remember right now.

Instead of people trying to learn what Paul is saying they posting Paul against one another. Most of Paul writing that is hard to understanding come from the Old Testament, so like Paul says in (2 Tim. 2:15) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, (not man) a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. You must rightfully divide the word of God, you must find out where everything fits because fit it does. I'm going to post some clean clear writing by Paul that's not hard to understand, about the royal law (Commandments). 

Paul says in (Rom. 7:7,12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET. Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law. (v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Why in the world would a Christian want to do away with something that God said is holy. (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin. 

Which mean we can do as we please when we please! Also Paul says in (Rom. 5:13) (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. If there is no law, there is no sin! 

Now I'll will post a verse with two different laws in it and I'll will explain a little...Pay attention (Rom. 3:20) Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sights for by the law is the knowledge of sin. The deeds of the law is referring to the animal sacrificial laws, all those sacrifices can never remove sins, so they could never be justified. This is true because the blood of Jesus can only justify us. The animal sacrificial laws was added because people continue to sin, and the wages of sin bring for death. So instead of God killing people every time they sin, he gave Moses a law to use animals. So by the other law (Ten Commandments, statutes and Judgement) is the knowledge of sin. Paul says in   Romans 3:31   Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. You wouldn’t know what sin was if there was no law.

32 minutes ago, JohnD said:

The Apostle James was pointing out that we have a mission and a purpose. We are not just trophies for Jesus to sit on a shelf in a display case...

We are ministers / priests of God. Unfortunately the structure of the Industrial Body of Christ International (the "church" as it were) prohibits the 

fulness of each individual's ministry / priesthood.

Revelation 1:6 (AV)
6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 5:10 (AV)
10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

1 Peter 2:3–9 (AV)
3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

I'm thinking of the servants and the talents as well. The Lord "invests" in us. And if his "return" is only his "investment" in us...

Not to imply this is somehow a loss of salvation. It is not. But we are not saved for nothing or to do nothing. God's plan is a working plan

right down to the smallest detail (of which I am the least).

Let me ask you a question, how know you a priest of God? The true priest of God is in captivity scatter into the four corners of the earth.  Let's take a look at the future in Deuteronomy 30: And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the Lord thy God hath driven thee, And shalt return unto the Lord thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul; That then the Lord thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the Lord thy God hath scattered theeIf any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the Lord thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch theeAnd the Lord thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

This hasn't happened yet. For what purpose did the Lord choose the children of Israel? (Exodus 19: 1-6) Let's look at the 5th & 6th vs.; "Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: (6th vs.) and ye shall be unto me a Kingdom of Priest, and a holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel."

Take a look at what Peter was telling the Jews in 1 Peter 2:9   But ye are a chosen generationa royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 

So if you're not one of these people that's in captivity then you are not God's priest. Pay attention to what Paul says in Romans 11:25   For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in

10 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

Let me ask you a question, how know you a priest of God?

The verses I quoted and highlighted.

12 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

Deuteronomy 30: And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the Lord thy God hath driven thee, And shalt return unto the Lord thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul; That then the Lord thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the Lord thy God hath scattered theeIf any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the Lord thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch theeAnd the Lord thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live

This has been fulfilled in part by the Jews' return to the Holy Land and the Messiah in their midst. It will be finally fulfilled in the Great Tribulation.

Exodus 19:6 (AV)
6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

This was forestalled by the events of Exodus 32 (when the people were about to return to Egypt and undo everything God had accomplished to that very point AND when and why the Levitical tribe was established as the priestly tribe).