• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  10

15 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

You are not ugly. You are totally righteous due to the fact that the spirit is His workmanship. And this is also why it is written in 2 Corinthians 5:21, that you might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Thank you

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/9/2021 at 6:06 PM, OneLight said:

What Jesus gave us at salvation is a way out of sinning, but never removed us from our flesh, so we are still tempted to sin.

1 Corinthians 10:12-13

Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.  No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Andrew Farley has a great 7 part teaching on this he did 4 years ago that's on YouTube called... The New Creation. Perhaps you would enjoy learning more about this sin nature.

On 3/9/2021 at 9:28 PM, Michael37 said:

Are you of the belief that as a Christian you do not and cannot sin?

Andrew Farley has a great 7 part teaching on this he did 4 years ago that's on Youtube called... The New Creation. Perhaps you would enjoy learning more about this sin nature.

On 3/10/2021 at 3:28 AM, Logostician said:

Yes we still have a sin nature in this world.  That is why we never see perfect people in this world, including ourselves.  I think the point Paul is making is that with the Spirit of God we are no longer slaves to this sin nature.  We will still be tempted.  We can overcome most temptation with the help of the Spirit.  When we do occasionally fall into sin, Jesus is faithful to forgive as he promised.  But the only person who was ever tempted to sin, but did not sin was Jesus.  As the only sinless man in the history of the world, he had the power and purity to lay his life down for the rest of mankind, past, present, and future.  No other man was fit to do this.

I beleive that the Spirit in us constantly battles the temptations of the fleshly man.  The gospel armor of Ephesians is not for decorations.  It is for the battle against evil that can still take hold of us if we do not remain strong in the Spirit.

Andrew Farley has a great 7 part teaching on this he did 4 years ago that's on YouTube called... The New Creation. Perhaps you would enjoy learning more about this sin nature.

18 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, humans will always have a sin nature until the born again believers get to heaven. 

17 hours ago, Waggles said:

Galatians 5:17
(DRB)  For the flesh lusteth against the spirit: and the spirit against the flesh: For these are contrary one to another: so that you do not the things that you would.
(ESV)  For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.
(KJV)  For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
(Weymouth)  For the cravings of the lower nature are opposed to those of the Spirit, and the cravings of the Spirit are opposed to those of the lower nature; because these are antagonistic to each other, so that you cannot do everything to which you are inclined.
(YLT)  for the flesh doth desire contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit contrary to the flesh, and these are opposed one to another, that the things that ye may will—these ye may not do;

17 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

To believe in a "sin nature" would give us an excuse to blame our sin on someone else, wouldn't it? I suspect we were born without a sin nature, but when we commited our first sin, we created a small addiction to sin, and with each sin, the addiction grows bigger. But then, if we stop sinning, the addiction should fade till it exists no more.

17 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

I am afraid I have to disagree with you on Romans 7

Paul is talking about himself and the dual nature we all have to deal with

The evil of the Flesh and the Righteousness of the Spirit.

Romans 7:

15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

In Chapter 12 he tells us to submit our bodies as a living sacrifice, because there is no way that the flesh can ever be redeemed, this is why we will get a new body on Resurrection 

Romans 12:12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

We are no longer BOUND to the sin nature, but as long as we take breath into this corrupt body we will have to fight it.

2 Corinthians 10:, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

We have been set free from sin, it is no longer our master, but unless you have found a secret that I am unware of, we all still deal with sin. 

12 hours ago, Marathoner said:

There are numerous scriptural references to our present estate in this flesh as others have shared. This flesh is referred to as the body of corruption (1 Corinthians 15:42). We know that this flesh, which was sown in corruption, will return to the dust and is not perfected. It passes away; all flesh is like grass (Isaiah 40:6). 

We are not incapable of error once the Spirit of the Lord comes to dwell with us and we therefore dwell with Him. If we are to be perfected while we sojourn in this world, then what need would we have of His Spirit? Why would men require God's grace, "bringing salvation to all people, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously, and in a godly manner in the present age"? (Titus 2:11a- 12 NASB) 

We are not perfect but yet we strive toward perfection, secure in the knowledge that Christ Jesus justifies and teaches us for the remainder of our days on earth. The hope of our salvation is thus, that the day will come when we will exchange the corruptible for the incorruptible by the word of the Lord. There are strange and altogether bizarre doctrines afoot these days, just as there were after the Lord rose from the dead and ascended to heaven. I know of one who teaches that "real" followers of Christ will live forever in this flesh, and those who suffer the end of this flesh never belonged to Him. 

The fellow will only teach this until his flesh is no more. ;) 

Do you believe that you are above reproach, @Peterlag? Your assertion in this topic has been proven false by the testimony of the scriptures, scriptures which you apparently aren't aware of.   

12 hours ago, Waggles said:

1Cor 9:25  Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 
9:26  So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. 
9:27  But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified. 

(DRB)  But I chastise my body and bring it into subjection: lest perhaps, when I have preached to others, I myself should become a castaway.
(KJV) But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
(NENT)  but I bruise my *body, and bring it into bondage: lest by any means, after that I have preached to others, I myself should be disapproved.
(YLT)  but I chastise my body, and bring it into servitude, lest by any means, having preached to others—I myself may become disapproved.