• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

32 minutes ago, BelieveonJesus said:

You cannot repent of your sins because we all continue to sin. You can repent which you do when you believe on Jesus and have faith in Lord Jesus to save you.

You repented (changed your thinking) BelieveonJesus, before you were saved, as every saved believer did.
If you did not change your belief in the devil's lies, you would still be lost.
Repenting (a changed thinking) in the mind must come before repenting in your actions.
When you were saved, God's light entered your thinking, and this light  removed false beliefs.
This light is the word, truth. Jesus is the word. Jesus said to now, as a child of God, repent of your sins.
You BelieveonJesus can not do this in the old man, the flesh. But as a believer, you are a new creature.
All things have passed away, all things become new. You are dead to sin, alive to Christ.
Christ lives in you, and you can do all things in Christ, like reckoning yourself dead to sin, and alive to Christ!

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him,
the same bringeth forth much fruit:
for without me ye can do nothing"   
Jn  15

Baptism is a teaching of God professing your faith/belief in Jesus as savior. A command.
Not a work. It is a privilege. Showing the world your not ashamed of the name of Jesus.

Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ Acts 2:38

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you,
not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach
repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Matthew 4:17

The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent  Acts 17:30

Bear fruit in keeping with repentance. Matthew 3:8

etc etc

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/24/2021 at 3:21 AM, BelieveonJesus said:

Believe on Jesus Christ(who is God). Have faith and trust in Lord Jesus to save you.

You should believe the gospel that Jesus died for our sins and spilled blood washes away our sins, was buried and rose again three days later. 

I included the blood of Jesus because it is important. You may want to review what faith and trust mean.

Amen!

I am preparing a bible study about the parable of the ten virgins. In which I will also point out salvation.
During my preparation, an important question came to my mind to ask christians brothers and sisters.
"Were you taught in church to believe you are saved OR were you taught in church to believe in Jesus Christ alone?"

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

36 minutes ago, SONshine said:

“Lord, save me.” 
 Matthew 14:30

God heard Peter’s prayer and he was saved from drowning—the same way that a sinner is saved when he calls out to Jesus.

D5B2AC95-6998-4BE5-B449-7D61EC8C5789.gif.8a99e1b75108ff09e92b756c3fe99b6d.gif

Indeed. But not of which that comes out of the mouth, but which that is inside the heart. God hears prayers because not of the words, but of the heart. A repentant heart.

Jeremiah 17:10

10 “I the Lord search the heart and examine the mind,
Jeremiah 29:13
13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

Repentance is to turn away from sin. To acknowledge it. The main reason I bring this up is because many churches and evangelists are like salvation factories attempting to pump out born again believers by rounding up everyone into the proverbial cattle chutes. Thy have nearly turned the process into a few simple steps without looking at any of the deeper implications. Almost with the efficiency of an automated factory.

Can't tell you how many times the condensed answer of " ask Jesus into your heart" was mentioned. Little 5 and 6 years olds do it.

Someone asks them if they are saved and they say I "asked Jesus into my heart". What does that really mean? At face value it's also an act that someone might not really understand, like rubbing a necklace emblem of Mary three times for good luck. Who is Jesus? What did He do? Why did He do it? How does that affect me? Why did I ask Jesus into my heart? I think it's something many people really don't understand totally, especially the idea of sin, how utterly bad it really is, why sorrow for sin and acknowledgment of it is so very important, what Jesus endured for us and how this change that takes place...... this salvation makes us a different person.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

17 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

You didn't say anthing about repenting of our sin.

No argument or debate about the need and requirement of repentance, but... How did the criminal next to Jesus have the opportunity to show and demonstrate repentance, change his ways and behaviors? 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

5 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

No argument or debate about the need and requirement of repentance, but... How did the criminal next to Jesus have the opportunity to show and demonstrate repentance, change his ways and behaviors? 

A lot can happen even in a millisecond.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

Just now, Starise said:

Repentance is to turn away from sin. To acknowledge it. The main reason I bring this up is because many churches and evangelists are like salvation factories attempting to pump out born again believers by rounding up everyone into the proverbial cattle chutes. Thy have nearly turned the process into a few simple steps without looking at any of the deeper implications. Almost with the efficiency of an automated factory.

Can't tell you how many times the condensed answer of " ask Jesus into your heart" was mentioned. Little 5 and 6 years olds do it.

Someone asks them if they are saved and they say I "asked Jesus into my heart". What does that really mean? At face value it's also an act that someone might not really understand, like rubbing a necklace emblem of Mary three times for good luck. Who is Jesus? What did He do? Why did He do it? How does that affect me? Why did I ask Jesus into my heart? I think it's something many people really don't understand totally, especially the idea of sin, how utterly bad it really is, why sorrow for sin and acknowledgment of it is so very important, what Jesus endured for us and how this change that takes place...... this salvation makes us a different person.

I agree.

They have to understand that they are lost, to grasp the need for salvation.
When witnessing, I have never pushed for a decision for Christ. Too many pew sitters already.
I sow the seed, on any soil. Pray/intercede  for them.  And give it  to God.
And God says  'My sheep hear my voice'

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

34 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

A lot can happen even in a millisecond.

Yes. But repentance is a voluntary inward and outward action, that visibly demonstrates the change. That demonstration and change takes 'time' to manifest. The criminal had no 'time' or opportunity to show and demonstrate change. He simply had faith, believed, and asked the Lord Jesus not to forget him. Just my thoughts...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

48 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Yes. But repentance is a voluntary inward and outward action, that visibly demonstrates the change. That demonstration and change takes 'time' to manifest. The criminal had no 'time' or opportunity to show and demonstrate change. He simply had faith, believed, and asked the Lord Jesus not to forget him. Just my thoughts...

At the moment you repent, the Lord knows you have repented. I believe that is all that matters.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

SO  MANY  LOVE  TO  CLAIM  A  SHORTCUT  AND  OF  THOSE  HOW  MANY  ARE  SAVED

HEBREWS 5:9  and being made perfect  HE  became the author of eternal salvation unto ---ALL  THEM  THAT  OBEY  HIM---

JOHN 5:34  but  I  receive not testimony --FROM  MAN-- but these things --I  SAY  THAT  YOU  MIGHT  BE  SAVED--

2 TIMOTHY 3:15  AND  THAT  FROM  A  CHILD  THOU  HAST  KNOWN  THE  HOLY  SCRIPTURES  WHICH  ARE  ABLE  TO  MAKE  THEE  WISE  UNTO  SALVATION  THROUGH  FAITH  WHICH  IS  IN  CHRIST  JESUS 

PSALM 28:8  THE  LORD  IS  THEIR  STRENGTH  AND  HE  IS  THE  SAVING  STRENGTH  OF  HIS  ANOINTED 

PROVERBS 24:5  A  WISE  MAN  IS  STRONG  YEA  A  MAN  OF  KNOWLEDGE  INCREASETH  STRENGTH 

ROMANS 10:2  FOR  I  BEAR  THEM  RECORD  THAT  THEY  HAVE  A  ZEAL  OF  GOD  BUT  NOT  ACCORDING  TO  KNOWLEDGE 

ROMANS 1:18  for the wrath of  GOD  is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness who hold the truth in unrighteousness 

2 THESSALONIANS 2:10 and with all deceiveableness of unrighteousness in ---THEM  THAT  PERISH--- because they received not the love of the truth --- THAT  THEY  MIGHT  BE  SAVED ---

ISAIAH 30:15  for thus saith   THE  LORD  GOD  THE  HOLY  ONE  OF  ISRAEL  in returning and rest shall you be --SAVED-- IN  QUIETNESS  AND  IN  CONFIDENCE  SHALL  BE  YOUR  --STRENGTH-----AND  YOU  WOULD  NOT-----

ECCLESIASTES 5:3  FOR  A  DREAM  COMETH  THROUGH  THE  MULTITUDE  OF  BUSINESS  AND  A  FOOLS  VOICE  IS  KNOWN  BY  MULTUDE  OF  WORDS 

ACTS 4:12  NEITHER  IS  THERE  SALVATION  IN  ANY  OTHER  FOR  THERE  IS  NONE  OTHER  NAME  UNDER  HEAVEN  GIVEN  AMONG  MEN  WHEREBY  WE  MUST  BE  SAVED 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST