• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, OneLight said:

Didn't look for any of that, so I don't know.  I do know that what you posted is on the site word for word.  Care to answer my question?

What's your question? Should I use writings from another guy who had a book that was out of print at the time I used it and was reprinted by another school with no copyrights owned for it? Sure. Why not? It is good stuff and it's not word for word because I cleaned it up a little.

7 hours ago, OneLight said:

Yes, it does.  If you want to reject what you don't believe is for you, that's your choice, but never tell me that the bible is not for anyone else.

I have given you some good data to prove why I write what I do. If you don't want to believe the simple truth. Fine. Believe what you think is true. Just don't tell me I'm wrong because you disagree with me.

5 hours ago, Waggles said:

And where does God the author of scripture specifically tell us readers that? 

It's pretty basic stuff. God does not need to tell you that you should breath air. It's basic stuff. The Law was not written to the Christian but to Israel during the Law administration.

51 minutes ago, David1701 said:

Every born again Christian has a living relationship with the Lord; but, we also sin sometimes (and that is from our flesh).

1 John 1:8,9 (EMTV)

8 If we claim that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
  9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I believe the above 1 John is talking to the person who is not yet saved. Same as Romans 10:9-10.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

On 4/2/2021 at 10:53 AM, Peterlag said:

You got that right and that's why I walk in the spirit.

If walking in the Spirit then humble...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

51 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

I believe the above 1 John is talking to the person who is not yet saved. Same as Romans 10:9-10.

You are completely wrong!

1 John 1:5-10 (EMTV)

5 And this is the message which we have heard from Him and we announce to you, that God is light and in Him there is no darkness at all.
  6 If we claim to have fellowship with Him, and we are walking in the darkness, we are lying, and are not practicing the truth.
  7 But if we are walking in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
  8 If we claim that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
  9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
  10 If we claim that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. 

This general epistle of John was written to BELIEVERS, not only that but John speaks of "we" (i.e. including himself and believers in general) - "...if WE are walking in the light...", "...WE have fellowship with one another...", "...the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses US from all sin.", "If WE claim that we have no sin, WE are deceiving OURSELVES, and the truth is not in US.", "If WE confess OUR sins...".

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest clancy
1 hour ago, Peterlag said:

How can we have sin in our hearts ,if the Holy Spirit indwells us...we can’t.

Do you think it’s our flesh and will that we fight against the Holy Spirit....I know my will fought against Gods Will at times,looking back?

It does say that flesh and spirit are in a battle doesn’t it.?

Edited by clancy

Guest clancy
11 minutes ago, David1701 said:

You are completely wrong!

1 John 1:5-10 (EMTV)

5 And this is the message which we have heard from Him and we announce to you, that God is light and in Him there is no darkness at all.
  6 If we claim to have fellowship with Him, and we are walking in the darkness, we are lying, and are not practicing the truth.
  7 But if we are walking in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
  10 If we claim that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. 

This general epistle of John was written to BELIEVERS, not only that but John speaks of "we" (i.e. including himself and believers in general) - "...if WE are walking in the light...", "...WE have fellowship with one another...", "...the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses US from all sin.", "If WE claim that we have no sin, WE are deceiving OURSELVES, and the truth is not in US.", "If WE confess OUR sins...".

David, I believe walking in darkness is when one is not saved.

We have been brought into the light, the darkness no longer lives in us how can it when the Holy Spirit indwells us?

Edited by clancy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, clancy said:

David, I believe walking in darkness is when one is not saved.

Yes; that is in case there are any professing Christians, who read the passage, who claim to be saved but are not (he provides the evidence-test); but, the rest of it is for genuine Christians.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,354
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 John 1

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
KJV

1 hour ago, Peterlag said:

Clearly the writer is including himself in this passage "we"  so the very first step in hermeneutic process 'gramatical' does not agree with your assessment! 

image.png.f764ed8731077d30b05d51bf999c7cd4.png

• Thumbs Up 1