IGNORED

It's A Secret. You're Not Supposed To Know . . . .

JAG**

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 4/8/2021 at 1:03 PM, missmuffet said:

Perhaps those who go to heaven will be informed there. 

"For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." (1 cor 13 12)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

2 hours ago, debrakay said:

Amen! Amen! Amen!  All throughout scripture we are advised and taught about the value of wisdom and knowledge.  We will keep seeking until our last breath! My favorite pin to wear at Christmas shows the nativity scene and says "Wise men still seek him!" Praise the Lord!

We can spend our whole life to read, study and learn about the God we read about in our Bible. In the end we will still just be getting started. "Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written". (John 21:25)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  360
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I don't think God keeps secrets.  I think we need to ask for guidance more, and more often.  When we walk in the Spirit, the wisdom of God is with us.  All true wisdom comes from the Spirit.  When the Spirit is indwelling, the dividing line between God and man is broken, as it should be.  Jesus died to establish this reconciliation between God and man.  So why say I start or end here, and the Spirit in me starts and ends over there.  We are one.  We are unified with God.

Jesus was a full disclosure savior, not a politician.  He did not keep secrets.  He did not gloss over the difficult things like the persecution Christians would endure, or the impending destruction of the present world.  He is the way, the TRUTH, and the life.  The whole truth.

Our understanding is limited in the flesh, but not because God is keeping secrets from us.  Our capacity to understand the truth is directly correlated to the intimacy of our relationship with God, and will be perfected in the regenerated heaven and earth.  Will we ever know all the ways of God?  I don't think so.  Because God is God.  He knows all things.  And we are not him.  But if we ask for answers we will surely receive them.  If we seek answers, we will surely find them, and if we knock he will open all things to us.

Many things in this present life are revealed dispensationally to the prophets and people of God to bring about the plan of God for maximum salvation of all who will come to him.  This is done so we can put the pieces together, and see that everything points to Jesus as the ultimate fulfillment of God's will.  Moses was given the Law.  Jesus later comes to fulfill it.  The Law taught.  But Jesus saves.  The great prophets did not receive the full revelation of God, but I beleive they knew Jesus.  God didn't keep secrets, he just revealed things in his time to accomplish his perfect plan.  God shows himself to jews first, but extends his grace to gentiles when it is time, in his time.

I have faith in God and God's plan.  I guess there are things I would like to know.  But there are also things I don't really want to know, and just put in his hands, like when I will lose loved ones in this world.  I know Jesus is my savior and will take care of me far better than I can take care of myself.  And that's more than enough for me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

There comes a point when the seventh angel is beginning to sound, when the mystery of God will be complete (Revelation 10:7). I think the faithful in God will then know a lot more about what is relevant than we do now.

Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.