• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.04
  • Days Won:  8

9 hours ago, Whyme said:

Economic freedom is personal freedom.

Nope, sorry.  It's different.  Conservatives often make this mistake, though.  :emot-nod:

For example, they struggle with religious freedom, which is a personal freedom.  They write Blue Laws (laws intended to restrict personal freedom like insisting bars are closed on Sunday, etc.).  They try to legislate morals, which are personal freedoms.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

8 hours ago, teddyv said:

It surprises me that I've come across quite a few US-based Christians who strongly identify with libertarianism. It is an intriguing idea, but ultimately fails in not understanding human behaviour. I do get that there is a gradation in libertarian thought, from the minarchists (probably most libertarians) to the anarcho-capitalists. The latter group are insane.

In the USA, it took a Libertarian to write our US Constitution.  No other party could have, because no other party is freedom minded enough.

The US Constitution is an example of Libertarianism.   Just look at each amendment to the Constitution (Bill of Rights) to see that only a Libertarian was on the job, writing them.

It was before the term was coined, but James Madison was a Libertarian, based on his writing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Days Won:  10

56 minutes ago, Sparks said:

Nope, sorry.  It's different.  Conservatives often make this mistake, though.  :emot-nod:

For example, they struggle with religious freedom, which is a personal freedom.  They write blue laws (laws intended to restrict personal freedom like insisting bars are closed on Sunday, etc.).  They try to legislate morals, which are personal freedoms.

Do you think all republicans are like that, (wanting to close bars on Sunday) and that some democrats are not  like that? I bet some democrats were on board with the no alcohol sunday sales law.  Wasnt it the democrat Al Gore and His wife who wanted to do something about violent video games and music? Sounds like something a conservative would do.

Also, democrats have their own moral justice that they try to enforce on others. They even want tax payers to pay for their abortions. Its not my job to do that. If a person doesnt want their child give it up for adoption. I'll pay for that instead, i.e child welfare.

Economic freedom is personal freedom. Capitalism isnt evil. It actually creates a vast amount of good paying Jobs. Thats better than a welfare check. A welfare check enslaves you to poverty but but a good Job gives you economic freedom and helps the rest of the country too. Its better to work than to bleed the system dry. This country is deep in debt. Only good Jobs can help us, not more bleeding.

If any of this is offensive please forgive me. Thats not my intention. Thank you. Anyway, thats just my opinion. I think Jesus is more important than my opinion. Lets be brothers (or brother and sister, i dont know your gender) but lets not be political rivals. But how do we do that?

Edited by Whyme

8 minutes ago, Whyme said:

Do you think all republicans are like that, (wanting to close bars on Sunday) and that some democrats are not  like that? 

No, Republicans such as the GOP are mostly Centrist (moderate).  The far right are Conservative.

Also, democrats have their own moral justice that they try to enforce on others. They even want tax payers to pay for their abortions. Its not my job to do that. If a person doesnt want their child give it up for adoption. I'll pay for that instead, i.e child welfare.

You're making my case.

Economic freedom is personal freedom. 

No, it is not.  I just showed you the difference.

Capitalism isnt evil. It actually creates a vast amount of good paying Jobs. 

True.  Especially Laissez Faire Capitalism, and not the Crony Capitalism of today.

Lets be brothers not political rivals. But how do we do that?

I certainly hope we are brothers in Christ. 

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Sparks said:

No, Republicans such as the GOP are mostly Centrist (moderate).  The far right are Conservative.

You're making my case.

No, it is not.  I just showed you the difference.

True.  Especially Laissez Faire Capitalism, and not the Crony Capitalism of today.

I certainly how we are brothers in Christ. 

No, conservatives are the Republican party. Moderates are a minority in the party just as they are in the democratic party. Have you ever heard of Cpac? Its a convention attended by many many republicans. Its conservative. Liberal and moderate republicans are in the minority.

Yes we are brothers.

Edited by Whyme

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Whyme said:

Economic freedom is personal freedom. Capitalism isnt evil. It actually creates a vast amount of good paying Jobs. Thats better than a welfare check. A welfare check enslaves you to poverty but but a good Job gives you economic freedom and helps the rest of the country too. Its better to work than to bleed the system dry. This country is deep in debt. Only good Jobs can help us, not more bleeding.

I'm not so sure that economic freedom is necessarily personal freedom. At least I'd want to know what the working definition of 'economic freedom' is. 

True, capitalism is not inherently evil, but unfettered capitalism will lead to evil and inequity - remember we are all sinful, greedy, selfish individuals. If you look at the most successful societies, especially in the last 100 years or so, it will generally be capitalistic with a strong rule of law to ensure the playing field is reasonably level. That playing field is never going to be perfectly level, and as Sparks mentioned, crony capitalism is an example of that.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Whyme said:

No, conservatives are the Republican party.

Conservatives are exclusively right wing.  Republicans are all over the map. 

In America, Ted Cruz would be a good example of a Conservative in the Republican Party.  Rand Paul would be a Libertarian in the Republican Party (he is not right wing, at all, but is up the the top quadrant).  Mitch McConnell would be in the GOP (Grand Old Party of the Republicans), and somewhere, in the lower leaning moderate-to-statist region, but still is in the Republican Party. 

But all wear the Republican label since there are only two labels in the two party system.

R.I.N.O. (Republican in name only) is a term for some Republicans who don't agree with their own party, and tend to vote like the opposing party.

I am glad we are brothers in Christ.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 4/10/2021 at 12:29 PM, missmuffet said:

I don't think any political party is godly. That is because it is politics. 

On 4/10/2021 at 8:13 PM, Whyme said:

Thank you. Do you think one side is more ungodly?

:emot-heartbeat:

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

Amen~!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, teddyv said:

I'm not so sure that economic freedom is necessarily personal freedom. At least I'd want to know what the working definition of 'economic freedom' is. 

True, capitalism is not inherently evil, but unfettered capitalism will lead to evil and inequity - remember we are all sinful, greedy, selfish individuals. If you look at the most successful societies, especially in the last 100 years or so, it will generally be capitalistic with a strong rule of law to ensure the playing field is reasonably level. That playing field is never going to be perfectly level, and as Sparks mentioned, crony capitalism is an example of that.

2 hours ago, Sparks said:

Conservatives are exclusively right wing.  Republicans are all over the map. 

In America, Ted Cruz would be a good example of a Conservative in the Republican Party.  Rand Paul would be a Libertarian in the Republican Party (he is not right wing, at all, but is up the the top quadrant).  Mitch McConnell would be in the GOP (Grand Old Party of the Republicans), and somewhere, in the lower leaning moderate-to-statist region, but still is in the Republican Party. 

But all wear the Republican label since there are only two labels in the two party system.

R.I.N.O. (Republican in name only) is a term for some Republicans who don't agree with their own party, and tend to vote like the opposing party.

I am glad we are brothers in Christ.

Ok, i have lost interest. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FresnoJoe said:

:emot-heartbeat:

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

Amen~!

Thank you, its refreshing. 

• Loved it! 1