• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

We celebrate the birth of our Lord, (God's gift to humanity), not the day he was born on. Personally I don't care what day he was born on. Christmas was a period when everybody seemed happier and friendlier to one another. Now, since the 70s, perhaps earlier all that is Christian has met with opposition from various sources. SealedEternal, who's side are you on? :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/04/1952

IslandRose,

Great to see a fellow Baptist.

betty

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Gerioke, Traveller, Shiloh, and TexasGrandma? What's this basket we're in and where's it headed? Why are we going down? I guess Heaven is going to be a lonely place with only SealedEternal and Alive_In_Yahshuah there!

The two of you have an unhealthy LUST for argument; you cannot simply agree to disagree.

I Timothy 6:20 Timothy, guard what God has entrusted to you. Avoid godless, foolish discussions with those who oppose you with their so-called knowledge. 21 Some people have wandered from the faith by following such foolishness.May God's grace be with you all.

You two sound like the early church at Corinth that Paul said this too:

I Corinthians 6:3

Don't you realize that we Christians will judge angels? So you should surely be able to resolve ordinary disagreements here on earth.

Perhaps we should let more Holy Writ speak to this discussion:

James 4:12 God alone, who made the law, can rightly judge among us. He alone has the power to save or to destroy. So what right do you have to condemn your neighbor?

I think Paul says it REALLY well here:

Colossians 2:16 So don't let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new-moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. 17 For these rules were only shadows of the real thing, Christ himself. 18 Don't let anyone condemn you by insisting on self-denial. And don't let anyone say you must worship angels, even though they say they have had visions about this. These people claim to be so humble, but their sinful minds have made them proud. 19 But they are not connected to Christ, the head of the body. For we are joined together in his body by his strong sinews, and we grow only as we get our nourishment and strength from God. 20 You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world, such as, 21 "Don't handle, don't eat, don't touch." 22 Such rules are mere human teaching about things that are gone as soon as we use them. 23 These rules may seem wise because they require strong devotion, humility, and severe bodily discipline. But they have no effect when it comes to conquering a person's evil thoughts and desires.

*All Scripture is from New Living Translation which hopefully is not going to send me to Hell too.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/10/1990

Christmas isn't a big deal to me. It's just another cold day in december. Knowing which day Christ was born isn't important, what's important is knowing why.

Maybe christmas was different in times past, but today, in my opinion, it is a pagan holiday. I don't see it as being overly evil, I just don't feel it's right.

Take the christmas tree for instance....We take an axe or saw and basically kill one of God's creations. Then we drag it home and try to make it more beautiful then it already was. Then we bring our gifts to be placed under this tree that we just killed. Then we stand back and marvel at it's beauty. Sounds pretty paganish to me.

This is going to sound stupid but I don't have a problem with fake trees. Maybe I'm a tree hugger, I don't know.

I don't think about God anymore on december 25th then I do on june 1st or sept. 8th or any other day of the year. It's just another day.

This may make me sound like a hypocrite but I do buy gifts for the little ones.

I don't know...that's just my take on christmas.

Ho Ho Ho.

Wow, never thought of it that way. Oh and we have a fake tree :taped: We're tree huggers too... there should be a club for people like us :thumbsup:

SealedEternal....what day do you support the Sabbath being held on? Saturday?

Sorry for posting twice in a row but I don't know how to do more than one quote in one. Anyway, my question is why does it matter what day we hold the Sabbath? I don't know any where in the Bible (please correct me if I am wrong) where it says which day the Sabbath was held on. All I know is it was on the 7th day and depending on where you count the beginning of the week it differs, like if you count Wed. as the beginning it is Tuesday that we should hold the Sabbath on. I am not trying to start anything here, I am just curious about why it is such a hot topic.

Man, on second thougths, I really don't want to get involved in this discussion. It's turned into a war. I mean, come on people, I know passions get sturred up but what does us judging who is going to heaven (with the only evidence being from this discussion) have to do the original post. just one thing before I leave this discussion after my short stay,

"Let all that you do be done in love" ~ 1 Corinthians 16:14.

Love in Christ,

ALEX

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/04/1952

I am a tree hugger too. Live in the North West, too!

betty

I am sitting here enjoying my daughter's beauitufl Christmas tree.

I find it hard to say, that everything is alright. Don't look at me that way, like everything is alright. Cuz my own eyes can see, through all your false pretenses. But what you fail to see, is all the consequences. You think our lives are cheap, and easy to be wasted. As history repeats, so foul you can taste it. And while the people sleep, too comfortable to face it.

Our life so incomplete, and nothing can replace it. And while the people sleep, too comfortable to face it. Our lives so incomplete, and nothing can replace it. Fret not thyself I say, against these laws of man. Cuz like the Bible says, His blood is on their hands. And what I gotta say is rebel. While today is still today, choose well. And what I gotta say, is rebel, it can't go down this way. Choose well!

Repent, the day is far too spent, REBEL! Wake up and rebel. We must destroy in order to rebuild! Wake up, you might as well. Oh are you satisfied? Why don't you rebel?

Plagariazing is also a sin, ya know? When you quote someone, give them credit! This is accredited to LAURYN HILL and you need to mention as such.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

This is getting nowhere fast. infact, as i read through the sarcasm and unChristian comments, i am ashamed to have previously posted in this thread.

The people who dont celebrate Christmas have made it very clear its because of its pagan roots.

The people who do celebrate Christmas have made it very clear they dont worship trees or babys, they celebrate Christ and use Christmas as an evangelical tool...

So thats it. Theres not much more to say. Its going in vicious circles.

So to those that dont celebrate Christmas.... Happy Holidays.

To those who do? Merry Christmas.

God Bless all.

I suggets we close this thread.

Right on Brother! Thanx for turning me on to who sang this. Woohoo! I've had this song stuck in my head for months, without knowing who wrote/sang it! I didn't know singing was a sin. My bad.

Now.....let us agree that the Conquering Lion will break every chain. Again, a song by Lauryn Hill Unplugged.

Singing isn't a sin; posting lyrics and/or articles w/o naming the source is a no-no. :thumbsup: