IGNORED

SPIRITUAL AWARENESS OR BEWARE OF THE SPIRITS!

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  10

2 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

In the Leviticus, 23rd Chapter the sabbath day and the High Holy Days which begin I believe on the new moon. Are the feast of the Lord's. These days are to be observe in their season. In Colossians 2:16-17, "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days. Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. These feast days are the plans of God, they represent the future, with example from the past. All Holy Days are not to eat or drink, such as the atonement, but still to be observe. So this is actually what a person would say to someone who do not keep these feast day of the Lord, if they were judging them on those High and Holy Sabbath days, they were keeping. They would quoted Colossians 2: 16-17. So if you keep the first day of the week, Sunday, then it makes no sense to use this verse. You cannot worship other days that’s not written in the Bible to do, and then use the Bible to justify it.

Forgive me, i dont understand exactly. Im not justifying Sunday or Saturday Sabbath. But if you are saying that verse doesnt apply to Sunday then i would disagree. If you observe sabbath you observe the shadow, and it doesn't matter what day of the week its on, its still a shadow. Why? Because its a day of the week, not the substance which is Christ. The Lord gives us rest. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,988
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

2 hours ago, Whyme said:

Forgive me, i dont understand exactly. Im not justifying Sunday or Saturday Sabbath. But if you are saying that verse doesnt apply to Sunday then i would disagree. If you observe sabbath you observe the shadow, and it doesn't matter what day of the week its on, its still a shadow. Why? Because its a day of the week, not the substance which is Christ. The Lord gives us rest. 

The letter Paul wrote to the church at Colossae I think was because it was under attack from false teachers who were denigrating the deity of Jesus; Jews have rejected the Christian idea of Jesus as messiah so the attacks might have been from Jewish leaders and or a evolving Greek/Jewish culture religion concept but what ever it was it seemed to warrant a letter.

Edited by BeyondET

49 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

The letter Paul wrote to the church at Colossae I think was because it was under attack from false teachers who were denigrating the deity of Jesus; Jews have rejected the Christian idea of Jesus as messiah so the attacks might have been from Jewish leaders and or a evolving Greek/Jewish culture religion concept but what ever it was it seemed to warrant a letter.

What's your opinion of chapter 2 and what is says about sabbath? Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,988
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

1 hour ago, Whyme said:

What's your opinion of chapter 2 and what is says about sabbath? Thanks.

The verses before pretty much is saying I think the ascribed OT the decrees working on the Sabbath things of the decrees was taken it way. Sabbath wasn’t just one day a week there was a couple of sabbaths decrees to follow about a sabbath.

trespasses like the disciples picking wheat in the fields on a sabbath basically working going about every day like any other day. Many people didn’t follow the Jewish religion set by God thus they were in trespasses. There where things to do to cleans of the sinful nature only the jews honored those and followed God’s decrees.

I think what the verse means is the practices happening then and if I’m not mistaken still today is not the way to salvation it’s through Christ not decrees to do anymore. I’ve wondered if the modern Jewish person believe in Christ and is it in the way of walking through a field picking wheat or a modified version of honoring feast and festivals and not working on a sabbath.

also I think some other influences like Greek philosophy was entering church discussions in verse 8, more than likely there was a range of outside influences effecting the church by lessening the deity of Emanuel.

Colossians 2

8See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. 9For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity dwells in bodily form.10And you have been made complete in Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.

11In Him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of your sinful nature, with the circumcision performed by Christ and not by human hands. 12And having been buried with Him in baptism, you were raised with Him through your faith in the power of God, who raised Him from the dead.

13When you were dead in your trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our trespasses,

14having canceled the debt ascribed to us in the decrees that stood against us. He took it away, nailing it to the cross! 

15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

Edited by BeyondET

9 hours ago, BeyondET said:

The verses before pretty much is saying I think the ascribed OT the decrees working on the Sabbath things of the decrees was taken it way. Sabbath wasn’t just one day a week there was a couple of sabbaths decrees to follow about a sabbath.

trespasses like the disciples picking wheat in the fields on a sabbath basically working going about every day like any other day. Many people didn’t follow the Jewish religion set by God thus they were in trespasses. There where things to do to cleans of the sinful nature only the jews honored those and followed God’s decrees.

I think what the verse means is the practices happening then and if I’m not mistaken still today is not the way to salvation it’s through Christ not decrees to do anymore. I’ve wondered if the modern Jewish person believe in Christ and is it in the way of walking through a field picking wheat or a modified version of honoring feast and festivals and not working on a sabbath.

also I think some other influences like Greek philosophy was entering church discussions in verse 8, more than likely there was a range of outside influences effecting the church by lessening the deity of Emanuel.

Colossians 2

8See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. 9For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity dwells in bodily form.10And you have been made complete in Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.

11In Him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of your sinful nature, with the circumcision performed by Christ and not by human hands. 12And having been buried with Him in baptism, you were raised with Him through your faith in the power of God, who raised Him from the dead.

13When you were dead in your trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our trespasses,

14having canceled the debt ascribed to us in the decrees that stood against us. He took it away, nailing it to the cross! 

15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

Thank you.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 5/1/2021 at 10:25 PM, Whyme said:

The plan of God is outlined in Leviticus chapter 23. When you begin to read this chapter you will find the Lord's weekly Sabbath and also the Lord's High and Holy Days. Each High Day has a very important meaning, and if you are familiar with them you simply know the plan of God. These days represent the future and present time, and are a shadow of good things to come, meaning some of these Holy feast Days have no came yet.

What I'm saying is in Leviticus 23: And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings. These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.

He said on the Sabbath day that you should also have an holy convocation, which means holy gathering or simply put, go to church. So I see the feast days of the Lord and the sabbath of rest on the seventh day. There's no other day to have an holy convocation. All these days was kept even after the death of Christ and the sabbath day on the seventh day of the week was taught to be kept as well.  

1 minute ago, Bro.Tan said:

The plan of God is outlined in Leviticus chapter 23. When you begin to read this chapter you will find the Lord's weekly Sabbath and also the Lord's High and Holy Days. Each High Day has a very important meaning, and if you are familiar with them you simply know the plan of God. These days represent the future and present time, and are a shadow of good things to come, meaning some of these Holy feast Days have no came yet.

What I'm saying is in Leviticus 23: And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings. These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.

He said on the Sabbath day that you should also have an holy convocation, which means holy gathering or simply put, go to church. So I see the feast days of the Lord and the sabbath of rest on the seventh day. There's no other day to have an holy convocation. All these days was kept even after the death of Christ and the sabbath day on the seventh day of the week was taught to be kept as well.  

He said on the Sabbath day that you should also have an holy convocation, which means holy gathering or simply put, go to church.

The Church of Acts gathered daily. 

Guest kingdombrat

I am not sold about Demonic Entities needing permission to be around us, they obviously need permission to harm us.   But I have been given the Gift of Discernment.  And I firmly believe those who have the Gift of Discernment have the ability to look at things, other humans, etc and can tell which side of the fence is being represented.   I also believe Discernment is a Gift given to those who are more Spiritual Battle ready.   And I also believe those with the Gift of Discernment will have more encounters with the unseen, because, the unseen understand they're in the presence of Warriors for God.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 5/3/2021 at 3:31 PM, Whyme said:

The Church of Acts gathered daily. 

Can you show me that in Acts?