• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

15 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Some of that is true, yet there isn't a global campaign for vaccinations only the countries that have the money vast amount of countries don't have enough supply's but their cases are very low. of the 6 countries that have over 10k cases a day are only 6 and i know India being the highest but after top 5 it drops off a lot. there are about 220 countries in the world and just 42 are reporting case over a 1,000 a day and 6 are over 10k.

vaccine roll can not have that much of a impact globally 3/4 of the world doesn't have vaccines.

in the last 4 months of this year there has been 20 million deaths all causes and 47 millions births

today so far, 8,700 from covid, world death everything else 117,000 rrr 109,000 minus the covid.

If we are to finite our concern on deaths from covid then we should be concern with the other 109 thousand today, sadly a lot from starvation 25k which is completely preventable without a vaccine globally.

Sanitation in various countries would affect the spread. As some countries are more prone to less efficient sanitation removal and fresh water coupled with living in very close proximity using the same latrines etc. I think this all contributed to India's present situation. Add to this they wash in the same river they dump their dead, their excrement and their  trash into and THEN have a religious ceremony where they all get into said river together and I think you're asking for problems.

Here in the US whenever there were large groups of people attending events in close proximity infection rates rose. I don't really think the masks help much if at all.

The numbers you are looking at are all changing daily. I think we need to control the local impact as much as we can which will eventually affect things on a global level. JMO. No impact, some impact or lots of impact? If all we have is SOME I'll take that over no impact. You eat an elephant one bite at a time ( and keep the leftovers in the freezer unless you want to get sick :D).

Edited by Starise

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

@Riverwalker

I'm sure a small percentage of people who come to the hospital who need breathing tubes have other issues. I stand corrected there. The common treatment for severe potentially fatal COVID infections  is intubation and sedation on a breathing machine until the body 'hopefully' stays alive through the virus. A person who has a serious case of it can't breath and if you can't breath you die. Hospitals in France, hospitals in Italy were some of the early one hit by it. Later in the US we had two waves that I recall. The second was the worst. The hospitals could not contain the people. There were not enough breathing machines, so people died. Lots of people. Many of the people who lived were never the same afterward.

14 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

Herd Immunity from the first strain and  Dr Faucci (God bless his pea picking little heart) is backing off that statement as of this week

I said 'beginning herd immunity' which could be 20%. We don't HAVE herd immunity yet.

Overall survival rate (99%) of everyone who got it. People with weakened immune system are subject to many dangers including flu and staph infections

OK you are asking others for info to back up their claims. I'm asking YOU to provide proof that this is true. The second statement is not a disclaimer. Clearly 'everyone' who got it is no longer with us. Over a half million dead just in the US. If you dies indirectly from COVID it was still COVID that got you.

It may have been China's goal to make us sick.  Not the liberal democrats, but boy howdy do the yknow how to take advantaged of a situation

Untested, Unproven, Untaken

I guess we all have differing opinions on this. My inner hunch tells me there are a lot of things that just aren't right about the whole thing. Will I ever know the truth? Maybe in glory one day when it won't matter anyway. China makes a very convenient location to claim the virus naturally happened. They are closed door communist. No one in the free world will know unless you were on the inside of it.

Bats? Yeah -Ming So Chung decided to make a little bat stew. Yummy. 

It happened in a lab in my opinion and has been 'dispersed'. That's only my opinion. Like any other problem you can think of, take a fire for instance. It helps to know the cause, but if the fire is burning the house down you had better call the fire dept. Bad men do bad things. Good people try to repair the damage.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Starise said:

Good people try to repair the damage.

And the road to hell is paved with good intentions

Bottom line I do not trust what the government tells us. They have a track record of lying to us.

I do have to make a correction the survival rate is currently at 98% world wide (and that presupposes the numbers are accurate)

covid.png

Edited by Riverwalker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10

22 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

1st  I believe the numbers are super inflated, that many deaths were ascribed to it that wasn't the cause and that many people who were sick were made worse by it

Do you have solid evidence that the numbers are over-inflated?

2nd I have no faith that the vaccines are safe or are the answer, they were rushed out by politicians and people who want to make a lot of money whose agendas are really not the common good.

Do you have personal experience or training that allows you to assess vaccine safety? While it is true that vaccine production has never occurred this quickly before, there has never been such a combination of vaccine need/vaccine capability before. Politicians approved the process, but the work of vaccine production was by people specifically trained for this type of work that know vaccines can help limit the degree of disease, suffering and death.

3rd like all flu viruses it is mutating quickly (re India) and the existing vaccines will not help the new strains

Coronaviruses are not influenza viruses. Influenza viruses have unique properties that make them mutate with exceptional speed. Coronaviruses are RNA viruses, and all RNA viruses do have a high rate of mutation. We can see from the data available in the US that the vaccines are effectively working at reducing infections by the major variants. There could be some that develop in the future that will more successfully evade vaccine-induced resistance, but you do not know that "existing vaccines will not help the new strains".

23 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

4th "If vaccines were not available things would be much worse"  Do you have studies to verify it....oh no..thats right these things were whisked out and given to us with minimal testing and no due diligence

This is truly a no-brainer. We know that vaccines reduce incidence of infection. Earlier in April, CDC statistics showed that about 1 in 12,500 fully vaccinated people contracted COVID.

Yes, the clinical trials were unable to evaluate long-term effects of the vaccine. However, with the number of volunteers for trials, the trials were completely proper.

5th Because of the lack of insuring safety  the cure is often worse than the disease with many reports of clotting and disasterous side effects, and who knows what will pop up 10-20 years from now

There is a very small chance that the vaccines will cause any long-term effects. On the flip side, over 3,000,000 million people (likely an undercount) have died from COVID in the last 12 months. There is ZERO chance that the cure in this case is worse than the disease.

6th The survival rate has ALWAYS been 99+%

COVID survival is dependent on multiple factors, and the infection fatality ratio (IFR) differs significantly in different age groups. In a study published in December the IFR was 0.4% at age 55, 1.4% at 65, 4.6% at 75, and 15% at 85. (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html)

7th (if you read this far thank you, this is more speculation) Plagues are nature's way of dealing with people when they don't manage things right. We have suffered from many and every few years these things happen

This attitude is incredibly calloused and should definitely NOT be a reason to not get vaccinated.

8th They have achieved their goal of changing society and have stated we will not be going back to normal

SARS-CoV-2 did this, not whoever "they" might be. We are already returning largely toward normal in the US. This year will have a huge and lasting impact but again, this is no reason to not get vaccinated.

• Well Said! 1

15 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

Bottom line I do not trust what the government tells us. They have a track record of lying to us.

Yes, governments do lie. In the US, these numbers are based off hospital reports and as such, can be checked and verified, although it takes some work and effort.

Still, this is insufficient reason to not get vaccinated.

On 5/3/2021 at 8:55 PM, Figure of eighty said:

I was talking to a friend of mine that said his job is making it mandatory to get the vaccine. We both share the same views and arent eager to get it.

This a workplace issue. Workplaces frequently have standards of employment. Depending on exactly what the work is, it may well be an unreasonable standard, and could be unfair.

Having said that, the vaccines have proven effective and even though there have been some side effects in some recipients (all vaccines do), the issues have been extremely rare.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

This a workplace issue. Workplaces frequently have standards of employment. Depending on exactly what the work is, it may well be an unreasonable standard, and could be unfair.

Having said that, the vaccines have proven effective and even though there have been some side effects in some recipients (all vaccines do), the issues have been extremely rare.

Excuse me, did you say the vaccines worked? For what? Do you have any evidence?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

20 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

Still, this is insufficient reason to not get vaccinated.

It is one of 8 reasons I gave. Including the fact that the vaccines are not properly test, or vetted and we have no idea of the possible side effect down the road

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.04
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I was on reddit and someone was let go over refusal to take the vaccine.He also brought up the topic of suing and one responder stated that some employers may have the right to fire somewhere in the contract for such reasons. 

Idk either way its getting out of hand imo.

Yes, but may is the key word, though. 

I am not sure that any contract can make you do unsafe things that can risk your life, and I don't think you can actually wave your rights such as waving your rights to a jury trail, but some contracts try to do it.  Courts sometimes find parts of contracts unconscionable (legal term), and will strike those sections or refuse to enforce the whole contract.  Usually lawyers will talk to you for free to determine if you have a case.   That would be the place to start.

This 'vaccine' it's not approved and cannot be known to be safe.  Anyone who orders you to take this 'vaccine' as a condition of employment is reckless, and would also be directly responsible for your health if you took the vaccine, and say, became paralyzed of life.  Even the US Military is not required to take this Covid vaccine, because it's unapproved.  But employers might be able to require some other vaccines that have been vetted if you have agreed in writing to take them, such as hospital worker settings, but that is something to discuss with a lawyer.  You have rights against forced medical procedures.

I have never signed a contract for employment, as I live in an at will state, but I have been presented a few contracts for employment that I laughed over, and left without taking the job.   Some wanted me to sign over all of my intellectual property, and others for lifetime background checks, and one company had several class action lawsuits over their contracts.  There is just no reason to work for a company that does not care about you.    

2 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

It is one of 8 reasons I gave. Including the fact that the vaccines are not properly test, or vetted and we have no idea of the possible side effect down the road

There is a very slim possibility of long term effects of the vaccine. Whatever these effects might be, they will be "a drop in the bucket" compared to the effects of rampant COVID.

• Thumbs Up 1