• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Josheb said:

The verse clearly states the testing was about to come!!!!! How can "precise language" be noted and as those words are treated so imprecisely?

Isn't that just like saying 'the Lords Day' is not really '1000 years', Satan is really not bound for 'only 1000 yrs'?

At least the WORD says "a day is a thousand years...", so we can STAND on that.  Satan was bound for 1000 years, so we can STAND on that also.    

Is it stated anywhere how long "about to come" takes?  

9 hours ago, Josheb said:

For eighteen centuries the gospel kicked butt and took names. It victoriously overcame and assimilated every single worldview it encountered. That's a fact of history. Beginning with the apocalyptic restoration movements of the 19th century that changed. The Church became divided doctrinally and splintered in an explosion of sectarianism (which the sectarian non-sectarians now hypocritically decry) and the victory of the gospel began to wane. 

YES, it was the same UP UNTIL the last/final generation, then what takes place?

Lev 26 252o Prophecy was fulfilled and Israel became a nation and 

THEN THE BOOK OF DANIEL WAS OPENED 

Your post proves it.  

UP until then there was no Nation of Israel, Jerusalem wasn't even theirs anymore when the temple was destroyed.  There were no armies surrounding Jerusalem, only the TEMPLE.  

Daniel 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Daniel 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Isn't this exactly what your post is describing?  

Luke 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Josheb said:

Statistics on the numbers of Christians and the percentage of conversions show a stagnation beginning in the early 1900s.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Diaste said:

I think it odd that according to some then the millennia reign and Christ's kingdom on earth looks suspiciously like business as usual. That can't be good or right. 

2Peter 3:1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:

2Peter 3:2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

2Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

2Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of His coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

And the world was watching. 

But because they weren't be taught from the pulpit and not learning on their own was  they were watching False Prophets. 

Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

It watched as the Church divided among itself. It watched as the Church failed its mission. They watched as profiteering radio preachers and (apocalyptic premillennial) televangelists became common place and the humanists painted them as the norm because the Church did nothing to hold any of them accountable or bring them within orthodoxy. 

Luke 12:49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

Luke 12:50 But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!

Luke 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

Luke 12:52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.

1 Corinthians 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

12 minutes ago, Josheb said:

So not only is the chapter filled with figurative language but it's filled with pre-existing conditions that go back to the early days of creation when Jesus saw Lucifer cast out of heaven and the serpent was subjugated to the authority of two humans. 

And what is figurative language for?  a truer truth than that that can be said with just words.  

Jesus didn't see lucifer cast out of heaven as Jesus was not the Saviour at that time,  (had no need for one previous to that, just as in the end when He turns it all over so that God will be all and all...or something close to that)when Satan was cast out Jesus was THE WORD 

19 minutes ago, Josheb said:

All of whom were modern futurists, most of whom were Dispensationalists. Perhaps I did not make myself clear: pretribulational rapturism future-templism is the false teaching the false teachers taught that divided the Church and provided a bad witness to our Lord and Savior. 

But no modern futurist stopped believing the false teachers and they continue to teach falsely. 

I can turn on my radio or television every day any day and find it continuing to happen. You can too. Not a single one of them has ever taught one true predication and yet you continue to promote their teachings. Many of us here, including me, used to do the exact same thing but we figured it out: they are teaching falsehoods and we're following in their suit unwittingly. The theology that warns against false teachers in our future is the false teaching!

And one of the reasons that happens is because the words of the text are not read as written and they are not properly exegeted. Two mistakes compounded leading to more and more error. 

Just as the prince of the power of the air wants it... Just what we are warned about

ye though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death

Just like GOD told us would happen in THESE DAYS

Amos 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

Amos 8:12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

Wow, one prophecy after another.  Do you think all this happened back in 70 AD also?

27 minutes ago, Josheb said:

ll of whom were modern futurists, most of whom were Dispensationalists. Perhaps I did not make myself clear: pretribulational rapturism future-templism is the false teaching the false teachers taught that divided the Church and provided a bad witness to our Lord and Savior. 

And you can't see how Satans work "in this very thing? " Sending out a bunch of people with lies and making sure NO truth can get through, he has made sure TO POLLUTE those avenues FIRST.

I am willing to bet that when/if one of us flips, the simpleness of it all will blow us away.  Possessing all the information and still can't paint the picture true to life.  Always so simple, once God gives it.  Absolutely invisible till then.   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

So much confusion over one word. It has been used in a defamatory way by dispensation views I guess for a long time.

Preterists Kenneth Gentry defines preterism: "The term 'preterism' is based on the Latin preter, which means 'past.' Preterism refers to that understanding of certain eschatological passages which hold that they have already come to fulfillment"

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1