IGNORED

Why Do Christians Always Point to Prophecy?

Firebirdman55

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Just a question...anytime something bad happens in the world, why do Christians always say it’s a sign and the end is near. I cannot tell you how much I see this on a daily basis. Wars and other catastrophes have been happening for thousands of years...and sometimes I think it hurts us and makes people who are not Christians run further from the truth. People start date setting and everything when events unfold. I do believe in the Bible, but I don’t believe that everything that happens is a sign. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,005
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

42 minutes ago, Firebirdman55 said:

Just a question...anytime something bad happens in the world, why do Christians always say it’s a sign and the end is near. I cannot tell you how much I see this on a daily basis. Wars and other catastrophes have been happening for thousands of years...and sometimes I think it hurts us and makes people who are not Christians run further from the truth. People start date setting and everything when events unfold. I do believe in the Bible, but I don’t believe that everything that happens is a sign. 

Yes, let's call it "endtimes white noise" and agree that along with the incessant quoting of Scripture by those wanting to prove they have memorised colossal amounts of it, the doomsayers can be a tedious lot, God bless them!. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

Yes, let's call it "endtimes white noise" and agree that along with the incessant quoting of Scripture by those wanting to prove they have memorised colossal amounts of it, the doomsayers can be a tedious lot, God bless them!. 

Yes...even looking at COVID. We’ve had Polio, Spanish Flu, Bubonic Plague...etc. So much has happened in our world since the beginning of time and it’s hard to decipher with some folks claiming everything is a sign. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,005
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

29 minutes ago, Firebirdman55 said:

Yes...even looking at COVID. We’ve had Polio, Spanish Flu, Bubonic Plague...etc. So much has happened in our world since the beginning of time and it’s hard to decipher with some folks claiming everything is a sign. 

Apparently Biden is now the antichrist. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, Firebirdman55 said:

Simply because they bought into the Dispensational Pre-mil nonsense that is constantly spouted. Many books make many millions - it is a cash cow.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,637
  • Content Per Day:  1.99

An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign. - Jesus of Nazareth

I guess they haven't yet learned to read the weather.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

Apparently Biden is now the antichrist. 

I’m definitely NOT a Biden supporter, but people have been saying that about every President. I remember when people said the same of Reagan. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

2 hours ago, Firebirdman55 said:

I ask about this from time to time akin to, "What's different now from what has always been in the past?" I never seem to get an answer.  I'm pretty sure when the end of the age comes we won't mistake it for something else. It certainly isn't yet and I don't see wars, plagues, pestilence, etc., as the signal it's begun.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Diaste said:

I ask about this from time to time akin to, "What's different now from what has always been in the past?" I never seem to get an answer.  I'm pretty sure when the end of the age comes we won't mistake it for something else. It certainly isn't yet and I don't see wars, plagues, pestilence, etc., as the signal it's begun.

I always say the same and am met with disagreement. There has always been wars, pestilence, riots and civil unrest. People always look to what is happening currently as THE sign. 

Edited by Firebirdman55

5 minutes ago, Firebirdman55 said:

I always say the same and am met with disagreement. There has always been wars, pestilence, riots and civil unrest. People always look to what is happening currently as THE sign. 

As Justin Adams says, "It's a cash cow." Fear and unrest is a big seller. 

So  it's no doubt the current trouble in Israel will be pointed out as a sign of the end, just like every time this stuff happens.

I see it as sign as well; that it could be the opportunity for an agreement that will lead to the confirming of the agreement that will be the moment of the beginning of the end.