IGNORED

Obedience Comes by Fear, but Faith by Hearing!

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

Many of us hear the word of God but we will see in the scriptures that Fear bring forth Obedience. Once you really sit down and study the Bible from Genesis to Revelation you will see that God means what he says and can't lie. We in the days where the great punishment comes at the end (Lake of Fire). But those of us who walk in the word of God knows that sometome we have to be chastening by God for correction. Paul says in Hebrew 12: My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, Nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, And scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? 

But theres a everlasting punishment for those who refuse to be corrected. Jesus says in  Luke 12: 4,5 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. 

But Let's go back to the beginning and see how the Lord dealt with his people and get some understanding on how we should we wise and be obedient. 

Let’s go into Joshua 3: 1 And Joshua rose early in the morning; and they removed from Shittim, and came to Jordan, he and all the children of Israel, and lodged there before they passed over. 7 And the LORD said unto Joshua, This day will I begin to magnify thee in the sight of all Israel, that they may know that, as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee. 

8 And thou shalt command the priests that bear the ark of the covenant, saying, When ye are come to the brink of the water of Jordan, ye shall stand still in Jordan.  13 And it shall come to pass, as soon as the soles of the feet of the priests that bear the ark of the LORD, the Lord of all the earth, shall rest in the waters of Jordan, that the waters of Jordan shall be cut off from the waters that come down from above; and they shall stand upon an heap. 15 and as they that bare the ark were come unto Jordan, and the feet of the priests that bare the ark were dipped in the brim of the water, (for Jordan overfloweth all his banks all the time of harvest,) 16 that the waters which came down from above stood and rose up upon an heap very far from the city Adam, that is beside Zaretan: and those that came down toward the sea of the plain, even the salt sea, failed, and were cut off: and the people passed over right against Jericho. 17 And the priests that bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD stood firm on dry ground in the midst of Jordan, and all the Israelites passed over on dry ground, until all the people were passed clean over Jordan. 

We see that God magnified Joshua so the people would have the same fear they had towards Moses.

Let’s continue in Joshua 4:1 And it came to pass, when all the people were clean passed over, that the ark of the LORD passed over, and the priests, in the presence of the people. 14 On that day the LORD magnified Joshua in the sight of all Israel; and they feared him, as they feared Moses, all the days of his life. 15 And the LORD spake unto Joshua, saying, 16 Command the priests that bear the ark of the testimony, that they come up out of Jordan. 17 Joshua therefore commanded the priests, saying, Come ye up out of Jordan. 18 And it came to pass, when the priests that bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD were come up out of the midst of Jordan, and the soles of the priests' feet were lifted up unto the dry land, that the waters of Jordan returned unto their place, and flowed over all his banks, as they did before. 23 For the LORD your God dried up the waters of Jordan from before you, until ye were passed over, as the LORD your God did to the Red sea, which he dried up from before us, until we were gone over24 that all the people of the earth might know the hand of the LORD, that it is mighty: that ye might fear the LORD your God for ever.

God knows with out fear, people will not obey him.

Let’s go to 1 Samuel 16: 1 And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Beth-lehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons. 4 And Samuel did that which the LORD spake, and came to Beth-lehem. And the elders of the town trembled at his coming, and said, Comest thou peaceably? 5 And he said, Peaceably: I am come to sacrifice unto the LORD: sanctify yourselves, and come with me to the sacrifice. And he sanctified Jesse and his sons, and called them to the sacrifice.

See how the people trembled because Samuel wielded the power of God as his priest.

Let’s go into Proverbs 1: A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; And a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: 6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; The words of the wise, and their dark sayings. 7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: But fools despise wisdom and instruction. 22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? And the scorners delight in their scorning, And fools hate knowledge? 23 Turn you at my reproof: Behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. 24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; 25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, And would none of my reproof: 

31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, And be filled with their own devices. 32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, And the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. 

to be continue...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

17 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

Fear bring forth Obedience

Is that really what God wants from Christians?

Why did Jesus say,' If you Love Me, you will Obey my commandments. ' ?

• Well Said! 1

3 hours ago, Who me said:

Is that really what God wants from Christians?

Why did Jesus say,' If you Love Me, you will Obey my commandments. ' ?

As individual some of us may do what thus said the Lord. But as a nations of people it's not the case. So the Lord alway let us know the consequence of not obeying him. Notice what Solomon says in Ecclesiastes 12: 13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. 14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.  

Notice Solomon says Fear God, because this gives us the mind set to know that theirs a punishment that goes with those who will not obey God. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

We come to Jesus out of fear.  We stay out of love.

For once we were dead in sin and had much to fear

But now we are Alive forever more, and have nothing to fear

Let's take a look at some of the disobedient mindsets in the word of God. We must understand that the Lord have system a protocol in how he works. We have to understand that some people will not obey the Lord.

Let’s go into Romans 10: 1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. 2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. (Animal Sacrificial Law) 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 

This law is referring to the animal sacrificial law that was nail to the cross. When Jesus die on the cross the veil of the temple rent from top to bottom, ending the animal sacrificial law. 

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 

So like in the days of Abraham, theres was no animal Sacrificial law, but righteousness with God, keeping his Commandments.

Let’s go into Jeremiah 3: 14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion: 15 and I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding. 

Let’s go into Ecclesiastes 12: 9 And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs. 10 The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was uprighteven words of truth. 11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblieswhich are given from one shepherd12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh. 

So we see the Lord will give Pastors to feed the flocks and people. And not those people who have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 

Let’s go into Romans 10: 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, Their sound went into all the earth, And their words unto the ends of the world. 

Let’s take a look at what Paul is saying in Isaiah 53: 1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 

So this who Paul is quoting, the prophet Isaiah. The scribes and Pharisee didn't believe the report, and in these times some Christian won't read the Old Testament.

Let’s go to Matthew 15: 1 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, 2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. 3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. 5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; 6 and honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. 7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; But their heart is far from me. 9 But in vain they do worship me, Teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Let’s go into Isaiah 29: 9 Stay yourselves, and wonder; cry ye out, and cry: they are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, but not with strong drink. 10 For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered. 11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: 12 and the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. 

13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: 14 therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid. 16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?

If you pay close attention to some Christian people, thing are being done that's not written in the book. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

The fear of God is the reverence of God. The fear of God is respecting, obeying and submitting to His discipline. Believers are never to be scared of God. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

23 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

We come to Jesus out of fear.  We stay out of love.

For once we were dead in sin and had much to fear

But now we are Alive forever more, and have nothing to fear

For those that are doing the will of God, that's great! Paul said in (Phil. 2:12) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

The fear of God is the reverence of God. The fear of God is respecting, obeying and submitting to His discipline. Believers are never to be scared of God. 

What about those who do not, respect, obey and submit to the word of God, but say that are believers?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  537
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

@Bro.Tan

When I was a child growing up around my parents, they loved me a lot and as I grew I learned to love them too, but they both had certain things I had to learn and obey or there would be problems.

My mom was a good disciplinarian but was also a wait 'till your father gets home kinda mom.

They laid down the law early in my life, but also balanced it with much love. I only got out of line a few times, because I found out the hard way they meant business.

I see God the same way.

God has a balance of love and expectations

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

What about those who do not, respect, obey and submit to the word of God, but say that are believers?

They are counterfeit believers and they will not go to heaven.