IGNORED

Republicans and Democrats, is there anything we can agree on?

Whyme

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  10

21 hours ago, teddyv said:

What do you think of the "Blue Lives Matter"?

What do you think of BLM? They broad brush all police and when police say blue lives matter BLM ANTIFA members get angry.

Edited by Whyme

Some people need a safe place from facts and mirrors.

Edited by Whyme

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Whyme said:

What do you think of BLM? They broad brush all police and when police say blue lives matter BLM ANTIFA members get angry.

I asked first.

6 hours ago, teddyv said:

I asked first.

I think all lives matter.. Now its your turn.

Edited by Whyme

11 hours ago, Whyme said:

I think all lives matter.. Now its your turn.

Lovely.

I think BLM has some legitimate issues that they want to address. I think you continue to broad-brush everyone you disagree with by categorically now stating that BLM broad-brush all police. Unfortunately the loudest, most obnoxious people seem to set the narrative - certainly the extremists end up defining the whole (look at the Capitol Hill riots as well) which is likely a result of media sensationalism.

Of course all lives matter. But there is a definite perception and a certain amount of on-the-ground reality that interaction between police and the black community suffers from a lack of trust. Remember that BLM is speaking to a specific issue. I am quite certain they agree that all lives matter as well but they are a special-interest group. Special interest groups are pretty common means of addressing issues.

I think you need to not conflate BLM and Antifa as well. While they may fall on the same side of certain issues, there are differences in both. You suddenly introduced them in this conversation which a bit of red herring.

Abortion was mentioned if im not mistaken. One republican and one democrat agreeing that abortion is wrong, this is not bipartisanship. Having many republicans and democrats agreeing is bipartisanship. Sadly many democrats agree with abortion and republicans dont. I see no bipartisanship on the issue of abortion.

Edited by Whyme

On 6/1/2021 at 1:10 PM, teddyv said:

Lovely.

I think BLM has some legitimate issues that they want to address. I think you continue to broad-brush everyone you disagree with by categorically now stating that BLM broad-brush all police. Unfortunately the loudest, most obnoxious people seem to set the narrative - certainly the extremists end up defining the whole (look at the Capitol Hill riots as well) which is likely a result of media sensationalism.

Of course all lives matter. But there is a definite perception and a certain amount of on-the-ground reality that interaction between police and the black community suffers from a lack of trust. Remember that BLM is speaking to a specific issue. I am quite certain they agree that all lives matter as well but they are a special-interest group. Special interest groups are pretty common means of addressing issues.

I think you need to not conflate BLM and Antifa as well. While they may fall on the same side of certain issues, there are differences in both. You suddenly introduced them in this conversation which a bit of red herring.

BLM only seems to care when its a white cop that shoots a black American. They dont utter a word about victims of gang violence though, which takes much more black lives than cops do. They will complain about one unjustified killing but forget about thousands that die each year from gang violence. Its like straining a gnat and swallowing a camel.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Black Lives Matter is mentioned in just about every post here, yet I don't see anyone discussing what they stand for.  Has anyone taken the time to research the roots of BLM?  I can tell you they are not what they want people to think they are about.

14 hours ago, Whyme said:

BLM only seems to care when its a white cop that shoots a black American. They dont utter a word about victims of gang violence though, which takes much more black lives than cops do. They will complain about one unjustified killing but forget about thousands that die each year from gang violence. Its like straining a gnat and swallowing a camel.

??? BLM's raison d'etre is addressing the conflict with police and the black community (despite whatever else people think they represent). I think if you would talk to any person associated with BLM, or anyone that marches in a BLM protest, that they would also grieve the deaths due to gang violence. But special interest groups tend to represent their special interests.

I would also classify a death by police as a bit different than a death by a gang. We expect our police to protect and preserve life. I don't expect that from gangs.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

3 hours ago, Chicken coop2 said:

The main reason why I remain independent.   I personally don't think either party has the answers.  It's really sad that our elected officials refuse to drop the party titles and focus on s solution for the problem instead of towing the party lines.  Really sad.  You know, that's probably the reason why we were able to become a country, create the Declaration of Independence and have the Bill of Rights, because there were no party lines to tow.

As for BLM, do you know their roots are in Marxism?  They want to tear down this country and rebuild it their way.  It's sad to watch all the people march with their signs without understanding what they really stand for.  The ideas behind the marchers are most likely not the ideas behind the organization.

• Alive locked this topic